Going Back a Little Bit

something diffrently new

Okay, so about the plan.” Kim heard someone talking and disturbing her lunchtime nap. She looked down form the tree where she fins very relaxing and saw Pie with friend. She really doesn’t know who he is. Kim tried too o back to her nap but the guy was very loud so she couldn’t help but over hear their conversation. “We are going back to that bar and ask everyone who is always there and if they could remember that night. And try to describe this Mr. Whiskey person. If no one remembers then we will go there weekend and look for someone who always order whiskey. For sure the bartender wouldn’t call him Mr. Whiskey if he is not always there and orders the same drink every time, right?” the guy said. “I guess so.” Pie answered with a sigh. “Okay we will go there after school and ask around first.”

Kim gasped and panicked when she heard what they were talking about. She thought about what to do. She couldn’t let Pie know she was the one who helped her that night. For one Pie hates her guts and two she doesn’t want everyone to know she was actually really a nice person. She needs to think of a plan. But then the school bell rang and it’s time to go back to class.

She finally thought of a plan and couldn’t wait for school to be over and get her plan over with. She tried to think about else and drifted to a flashback. A fight with her dad. Then she snapped back when her pen broke. And Pie was looking at her, she nervously looked away hoping she looked uninterested.

Trying to distract herself again but failed to do so and remembered her first no drama, no alcohol involved encounter with Pie, the rooftop. She can’t believe she actually tried to open up to her. What the hell was I thinking? She would never be in to me like that even if she finds out I’m the one who helped her that night. She sighed deeply. And the school bell finally rang. She stood up and hurriedly went for the door.

“Hey Kim wait up.” Van was calling but she did not turn around she needs to go to the bar before Pie does.

“I’m sorry man I need to go, I’ll catch up with you later.” And she bumped to someone and dropped her bag and picked it up very fast and walked away not even hearing what the guy said.

When she arrived at the bar, she asked for Jake, her sort of bartender. She always order from him because he’s the only one who actually perfected Kim’s drink just the way she wants it.

“Hey, a shot of whiskey?” Jake asked

“No thanks, not today, I’m actually here for a favor.” Kim said

“Sure anything, what is it?”

“You remember the girl looking for me? The one I uhh sort of saved from humiliation?”

“Yeah, What about her?”

“Well she coming again with a friend, could you please ask someone else to talk to them and tell them you’re not here, because you’re the only one who knows me, and I kinda don’t want them to know that I was that guy who ‘saved’ the girl.”

“Okay sure, but if you don’t mind me asking, why do you want to keep that a secret from the girl, I mean you gotta admit you’re really in to her. No person in their right mind would do all that crap for just another person.”

“It’s….. complicated. Can you just do what I say?” Kim burst out irritated.

“Ohkay, no need to get violent.” Jake laughed as he went out back. Then she turned around and already saw Pie and her friend coming inside. She went to a random girl and asked her if she could pretend to know Pie and the girl agreed and Kim paid her. The girl then approached Pie and her friend just as they entered.

Kim talked to the other people who were frequent in the bar and asked them to pretend they never met her or knew her for that matter. They all agreed of course with a price. After that she ordered a drink and watched as her plan goes smoothly. She grabbed her bag to check for her phone but it was not there. She scrambled for her things and she still couldn’t find it. Then she remembered bumping into someone. She must have dropped her phone earlier.

A little while later, she saw Pie from across the room. She tried to duck hoping Pie wouldn’t see her but it was too late, Pie was already walking towards her. Trying to brace herself and thinking of a possible reason why she was also there. Then “Hey” Pie startled her.

“Anything I could do for you princess?” She answered without looking at her hoping that it was rude enough.

“What happened to you earlier?” Pie asked her

“Are we friends now or something?” Trying really hard to sound cold.

“Ugh I’m just trying to be nice, you don’t’ need to get all worked up.” She grabbed Pie’s arm trying to think about something to say.

“I’m sorry if I gave you the wrong idea, I just helped you because if I didn’t I could get caught too, and I can’t get caught skipping class again or I might get kicked off.” She wasn’t really lying, she did not want to get kicked off but she also really did that for Pie. It was just half lie.

“It’s good to know you’re really just such a big .” Pie walked away and Kim just sighed.

She finished her drink and saw that Pie’s friend already gave up. She took her wallet and left cash on the bar and she walked away knowing her job of keeping her identity a secret was done.

Next day during lunch.

Kim tried to find the guy she bumped in to and get her phone back. Then the guy walked pass him in the hall.

“Hey you, you’re the one I bumped in to yesterday right?” Kim stopped him.

“Wow, you’re actually talking to me now?”

“Don’t get your hopes up, I just dropped my phone and want to ask if you saw it.”

“You really are an .” The guy shook his head. Then Kim grabbed him and pushed him against the locker. The guy was shocked, for a girl Kim was really strong.

“Look I asked you nicely, that doesn’t seem to work.” Kim grabbed the guy’s collar and threatened him. “Now I’m asking you again, have you seen my phone or not.”

“Uhh yeah, you dropped it but you’re kinda pre-occupied about something so I grabbed it, but I uhh handed it to the lost and found so you can just check it out there.” Kim let him go and sarcastically straightened the guy up. “Now that wasn’t so hard was it? Oh and before I forget, do remember not to tell anyone I own that phone or there will be consequences.” Kim finally said. The guy just walked away and she heard a familiar voice. It was Van and Pie talking. She panicked. Oh I hope she didn’t hear the conversation or anything. She walked to the lost and found department/booth or whatever and claimed her phone.

“Hi I’m here to claim my phone.” Kim said to the lady.

“Which phone?” the lady asked. Kim described the phone and gave the lady the combination for her phone lock just to make her believe it was hers. And the lady finally gave it to her. “Oh before I forget, in case someone ask or anything about who just claimed this phone just make up an excuse to not tell her the information.” Kim said and just before the lady could answer, she slipped some cash into the lady’s hand when she shook it. And the lady just nodded. Then she left as soon as she can before anyone can see her.

 

 

 

author's note:

okay so we all knew this was coming. now just how to let Pie know. hmmm ;)