False Alarm

something diffrently new

Pie still couldn’t believe that it was Zee, she was still in total shock. But he’s Zee the loner guy, the ‘who-knows-what kind-of-guy he is.

“Oh my god Princess you found him, though not what we expected but still we found him.” Pei jumping up and down really excited like the guy was for him or something.

“Whatever Pei.” Pie rolled her eyes.

“So what are going to do now? I mean about Zee.”

“We are not going to anything at all.” Pie assured him.

“But we went through all those things just for nothing? Hmm?”

“Yes, because he is Yam’s boyfriend. And I am not like her. Stealing boyfriends I mean.” Pie explained.

“But what if he’s your destiny or something? You’re really gonna pas that opportunity?”

“And what if he’s not? What if Yam just told him to take care of me or something, being a friend? Or maybe she actually thought I would the same thing to her.” Pie said.

“We should ask her then.” Pei insisted.

“No we should not. Just drop it Pei.” Pie snapped at him at Pei was kinda shock that Pie actually did that to him. But he just shrugged and gave up. “Okay fine Princess whatever you want.” Or so Pie thought he really gave up.

“Alright now let’s get out of here.” Pie said and they both went home.

That night Pie was repeating the events of earlier in her head. Oh my god! Zee? Of all people. Ugh! Maybe Yam really had put him up to it. Trying to make up for everything she did. Argh! Everything she did. That night. I really need to sleep this is making me crazy. She checked her phone and it was 2am. I need to get some sleep. School is in 5 hours. She twisted and turned. She checked her phone again, 3:14 am. She closed her eyes hoping that she would fall asleep already. When she finally did her alarm clock rang. Ugh! Great!

When Pie arrived at school, she spotted Yam and Zee together. She was wondering if she would ask Yam about it. But her pride got in the way and decided not to. She looked for Jane and Pei but only spotted Jane.

“Hey, have you seen Pei yet.” Pie asked as she approached Jane.

“Oh hey, yeah, I think he said he was going to talk to Yam and Zee or something.”

“Okay.” Pie drank from her water bottle but then processed what Jane said and spit out the water. Good thing Jane wasn’t in front of her, or she would’ve spit on her. “Wait! WHAT?”

Jane was shock. “What’s wrong? He just talked to them.”

Pie stood up and walked towards Yam Pei and Zee. This will be awkward.

“Just admit it Zee, you’re the one who saved Pie from humiliating herself after the debutants ball when she totally wasted.” Pei accused him.

Zee was looking shocked. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“What are you talking about Pei? Zee and I were kinda uhm together the whole night that night. And what is this about Pie getting drunk?” Yam stepped in.

“Wait if you’re not Mr. Whiskey then who is?” Pei confused

“What? Mr. Whiskey who?” Zee said. Then Pie stepped in. “Nothing, Pei is just a little bit in the weirdness level today.” Pie grabbed Pei’s arm and tried to drag him.

“Wait but he answered the call yesterday and…” Pei explained

“Oh you guys were the one who called, do you know whose phone that was? I just found it yesterday in the hall.” Zee said.

“So it’s not you?” Pie said and was actually kind of relieved.

“Hold up guys what the hell are you talking about?” Yam shouted. Then Pei explained to her what happened. Pie tried to stop him but she couldn’t. Ugh! Damn you Pei.

Yam was dumbfounded after Pei had finished talking. She looked at Pie with an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry Pie, this is all my fault, if I wasn’t such a you wouldn’t be in that bar and none of these would be happening.” Yam started sobbing. Pie didn’t what to say. This was not her fault, actually it kind of is, but if it wasn’t for her, she would still be dating that non sense Van. Pie hugged Yam all of sudden.

“I’m sorry too Yam, it’s not your fault. I was just angry, but I was angrier at Van. He took advantage of you when you were drunk and lonely. And he should’ve known better.” Pie became teary eyed.

“No, I should’ve known better too. He was still your boyfriend and you’re my bestfriend and *sob* and.” Yam continued.

“It’s okay Yam, I forgive you.” Pie released their hug and smiled at Yam. Yam tried to smile to.

“*sob* So, Friends?” Yam asked.

Pie smiled. “Friends.” They hugged again and this time Pei joined in. “OH MY GOD you guys group hug.”

Then the school bell rang. “Ugh! Perfect timing.” Pei irritated. Yam and Pie just giggled.

“Let’s go” Pei said.

“Wait, before we go, Zee if the phone was not yours, whose is it?” Pei asked.

“No idea, I gave to the lost and found department.” Zee answered.

“Let’s check it out later Pie, maybe the real Mr. Whiskey would claim it.” Pei looked at Pie again with excitement.

“NO! No more mission-looking-for-Mr.-Whiskey. And beside you promised that we only try once and never again. So we did and we failed. Let it go. Just let it be the ‘Mystery of Mr. Whiskey’.”

“Okay fine.” Pei gave her a sarcastic smile

“Don’t you give that smile Pei, promise you won’t look for him anymore.” Pie glared at him.

“Alright alright fine ‘I Promise.” Pei gave up

“Cross your heart?” Pie assured. “Yes cross my heart and hope to die. Now let’s go or we’re going to be late. Pie was still glaring but shrugged it off. Pei was right they’re going to be late and didn’t want that on her record. This day is turning out to be pretty great, even though I didn’t get much sleep. She smiled to herself but wiped it off because she being weird. She focused on the class and didn’t think of Mr. Whiskey anymore. She was a having normal day again.

It was lunch time. Everything was back to normal again. Pie ate lunch with all of her friends in their usual spot in the garden of the school. They were laughing and talking about boys. Zee had to excuse himself because it was getting kind of awkward. You know girls talk. Pie then excused herself, she needs to go to the restroom. She walked through the halls then heard a bang on the lockers. She stopped herself at a corner then heard someone talking.

“Look I asked you nicely, that doesn’t seem to work.” Some person said. “Now I’m asking you again, have you seen my phone or not.”

“Uhh yeah, you dropped it but you’re kinda pre-occupied about something so I grabbed it, but I uhh handed it to the lost and found so you can just check it out there.” Another person answered back. Wait that voice sounds familiar. It’s Zee, and maybe the other person is Mr. Whiskey trying to get his phone back. Pie took a deep breath she was about to find out who Mr. Whiskey is. She turned the corner but both the person was gone. Ugh! Great, just my luck. Wait if I headed up to the lost and found department maybe I could still find out who Mr. Whiskey is. But someone grabbed her arm. “Hey are you okay?”

That voice, very familiar. She turned around and crossed her arm. “What do you want Van?”

“I was just on my way to the wash room and saw you like you were terrified or something.”

“Stop pretending you care Van, just leave me alone.” Pie jerked her arms off Van.

“Look I still care and…”

“Is there a problem here?” Jane and Pei interrupted and crossed their arms at Van. Van looked at them and tried to say something but he just walked away.

“You okay Pie?” Jane asked.

“Yeah, thanks for the save guys.” Pie looking thankful. She forgot about going to the lost and found to catch who Mr. Whiskey is. “Oh wait I need to do something.” Pie walked away so fast, almost jogging, before giving Pei and Jane the chance to ask where’s she’s going.

She arrived at the lost and found booth. “Hi uhm excuse me was there a phone claimed already?” She asked the lady incharge.

“Yeah. Why was that yours?” The lady asked.

“Uhm no not really, I was just going to ask whose it was.” She asked in the sincerest way she could possibly do.

“Oh I’m sorry my dear, we are not allowed to say that kind of information here unless the lost thing was yours.”

“Oh that’s fine. Thanks anyways.” Pie walked away frustrated again. I guess the identity of Mr. Whiskey will really just remain a mystery. And I officially need to focus on forgetting about him and move on. It was just a fantasy. Pie walked to her next class as the bell rang.