Wind of Change

something diffrently new

Pie was out of breath after running down the stairs. She immediately went to her locker to prepare her things for the next subject. What happened there, I felt something weird when I touched her. Ugh! Maybe it’s just my hunger talking. I didn’t get to eat much earlier because Yam ruined my appetite. Anyway, I hope no one saw that I was from upstairs and Kim didn’t follow me close when I got down. Wait, oh no, my bag, I left it outside earlier when I was escaping the awkwardness situation with Yam. I hope it’s still there. Pie closed her locker then Jane called her.

“Hey Pie! Where have you been? What happened to you? You ran out on us so fast earlier, and you didn’t attend the last subject.” Jane asked.

“Uhh I went for some fresh air. I was feeling a bit queasy earlier. But I’m fine now.” Pie answered with half a smile.

“Are you sure you’re okay now?” Jane reassuring.

“Yeah, I’m good.” Pie assuring her.

“By the way here’s your bag, you left it earlier when ran off to nowhere.” Jane handed Pie her bag.

“Oh my god thank you.” Pie grabbed it and put the books she need for the next class. “Hey where’s Pei by the way?”

“He’s with Yam, they already headed for the next class, and they have it together. And we have the next class together so I figured I’d look for you and go together also.” Jane explained.

“Oh okay. Let’s go then.” Pie said, Jane just nodded.

During class Pie started thinking of ‘Mr. Whiskey’ again. I’m having a crush on someone I don’t have any memory of. All I have are stories of what he did for me. I wonder if should call him again and try to find out who he is. Ugh! He’s long gone. Forget about him. She shook her head at the thought of it. She tried to listen to what the teacher was saying. Then Kim walked in.

“Ms. Han, you’re late.” The teacher said.

“You’re stating the obvious.” Kim answered.

“You’d better have a good explanation for why you’re late or else you’re gonna have detention on the first day of class.”

“I just took out the trash.” Kim answered.

“We have janitors to do that.” Teacher said

“I felt like I wanted to do it today.” Kim with a serious face.

“Fine then, just take a seat.” Teacher was obviously irritated. Kim bowed sarcastically trying to show respect. Pie stared at Kim with a thankful smile on her face, but Kim just walked pass her like she didn’t even notice her. Ugh! What’s her problem. If she didn’t want to do it for me, then she shouldn’t have to. I can do it on my own. And for while there I thought she was actually nice. Pie thought.

The final school bell rang and Kim was the first one to leave the classroom. Pie saw her and followed her. They were already outside and Pie grabbed Kim’s arm. “Hey what’s your problem huh? If you had a problem throwing the trash away for me then why did you offer?” Pie demanded.

“Slowdown Princess, what did I do now to piss you off?” Kim asked. People were staring at them.

Pie noticed that everyone was staring. “Nothing, never mind.” Kim just turned around and walked to her car. Pie also walked to her car. Ugh! People are still staring. She walked faster and when she finally got to her car, Pei called. “Hey Pie we’re going to the mall to do some back to school shopping, wanna join?”

Tempting offer. I hope Yam is not going. “Uhh is Yam coming with us?” Pie trying not to sound like she has a problem with it.

“Nope she has a date with Zee.” Pei said.

“Oh, uhm sure, we can take my car then.” Pie finally answered.

“Okay, let’s just wait for Jane then she just took care of something, I’ll text her that we’re waiting.” Pei said and Pie just nodded. There was silence for a moment and finally “So, what was going on earlier with Kim huh?”

“Uh oh that, it was nothing. What’s taking Jane so long eh?” Pie trying to avoid the topic.

“Hmm it didn’t seem like nothing to everyone else. And I thought you hate Kim, or so the whole idea of Kim being such a player.” Pei trying to to spill something. Pie was silent, then “I don’t hate her or who she is, I just dislike how she treats girls. And being a player doesn’t mean she’s not nice. Maybe she has her reasons.”

“Whoa who are you and what have done with the real Pie” Pei still trying to .

“I’m just saying that we shouldn’t judge anyone base on nothing.” Pie trying not to sound like she’s defending Kim.

“Okay there is seriously something wrong with you, spill.” Pei couldn’t take it anymore.

“Hey guys! Let’s go!” Jane arrived just in time. Pie nodded and jumped in to the car avoiding Pei’s glare.

“Don’t think you are safe from the conversation missy, you have some explaining to do.” Pei sounding like a parent to Pie. Pie just smiled and nodded.

 

Meanwhile…….

“Can you take me to the bar please driver?” Kim said as she hopped in to the car after school. The driver just nodded for he already know where Kim’s favorite bar is. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I being nice to her? For god’s sake she’s your best friend’s ex, you don’t do that to your best friend. But on the other hand Van already did ‘it’ to her best friend. HAHA *sigh*. I hope not noticing her in class would stop making her think that I’m being nice to her only. But I don’t want her to get the wrong idea. Ugh! What is this girl doing to me? First the ball, now on the roof top. Damn it! I really need a drink.

Kim ordered her usual drink. And tried not to think of Pie. Then suddenly Van arrived. Van immediately saw her and half smiled. “Hey man, drinking again eh?” Van said

“Yeah you know school makes me want to kill myself right?” Kim with her signature grin. “Speaking of school, I didn’t see you there the whole day.”

“Yeah I had to skip, I haven’t seen both Yam and Pie since the ball. I just think it would be awkward or something.” Van sighed.

“Good call, Pie was well not herself.” Kim answered.

“Yeah? How can you tell huh?” Van asked

“Through observation, you know I’m very observant.” Kim with a sarcastic tone.

“Haha you’re really weird sometimes man.” Van laughed then sighed again. There was an awkward silence.

“You can’t avoid them forever you know.” Kim finally broke off the silence.

“Yes I can, Bangkok is a big city, all I half to do is not go to places where Pie or Yam loves to go.” Van trying to sound sarcastic

“Uhuh, and what about school?” Kim said

“I’ll drop it and take GED. And look who’s lecturing me about school now.” Van raised his brow.

“Yeah, it’s kinda a new thing I’m trying out, being nice and everything.” Kim back with her grin.

“Is that you man? Or is just one of your tricks to get a girl? Haha.” Van laughing at the thought.

“Something like that.” Kim trying to sound sarcastic, but she was actually serious.

“You’re such a player man.” Van was still laughing.

“Look man, you can’t avoid them forever. You’ve already did your part by telling Pie and apologizing, it’s her turn to forgive you. It might not be now, just give her time. And as for Yam if really do like her then go for it. No one is stopping you.” Kim being all deep and stuff.

“Whoa seriously man, what’s wrong with you? That’s way too deep even for you. And since when did you started calling Pie by her real name? Huh?” Van asked.

“I told you I’m trying something new. Deal with it man.” Kim answered.

“Riiiight. Anyway, you’re right man. I’ll go back to school tomorrow. I just wish it wouldn’t be so hard.”

“You’ll be fine. It’s not like little miss perfect is going to murder you or something. At least not physically. Haha.” Kim tried to make a joke.

“Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. Ugh!” Van sighed.

“Deal with your consequences man. But you don’t have to do it alone. You have me and some alcohol.” Kim signaled the bartender for two drinks.

“Thanks man. And I’m sorry for what happened last time. I was just processing everything that happened.”

“It’s fine man. I understand. Now cheers.” They both grabbed the drinks the bartender prepared, clanked it together and drank it.

 

Back at the mall.

“God I’m hungry. Let’s eat.” Pei said.

“Uhh I need to go guys. I still need to do something. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jane said walking away and waving at the same time.

“Oh okay. Bye Jane. See you tomorrow.” Pie waved goodbye and so did Pei.

“Okay so where do you want to eat princess.” Pei asked.

“What did you call me?”

“Princess, why? What’s wrong with that? You are like one with the way you move and everything.”

“Ugh! No I’m not, so stop calling me like that.” Then she whispered. “You’re like Kim, so annoying.”

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

“Nothing, I said let’s go eat, I’m also already hungry. You decide where we should eat.”

“You’re really being weird today. Tell me everything. But let’s eat first. I’m starving.” Pei grabbed Pie and they went to an Italian restaurant.

After eating, Pei was staring at Pie. “Alright girl, spill.”

“Spill what?” Pie trying to sound innocent.

“What's going on with you? You walked out during lunch, then Jane told me you skipped class and you were arguing with Kim in public. Explain please.” Pei crossed his arms.

“Alright fine.” Pie sighed. “I walked out during lunch because I couldn’t stand Yam talking like everything’s fine.”

“Why? What happened between you two?”

“Oh you know the usual. She slept with MY boyfriend and thought that’s everything’s cool.”

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry Pie, I didn’t know. Are you okay?”
“It’s okay, I’m okay.”

“When did it happen?”

“They said before summer started. That’s why Yam left for Paris.”

“And when did you find out?”

“During the ball.”

“So that’s why you didn’t want to talk about what happened at the ball, it got ruined.”

“Well not totally. I still got introduced. Thanks to Kim.”

“Oooh so that’s why you were defending her earlier huh? You like her? Haha”

“No I don’t. Ugh! She’s the last person I would be in to. Besides I think I like someone else.” Pie thought of Mr. Whiskey.

“Wow moving on so fast huh? Good for you. And may I ask who this mystery guy is.”

“That’s the problem Pei, he is a mystery. I don’t remember who he is, all I know is that people call him Mr. Whiskey.”

“Hold up, how could you not remember him? Was he just a dream or something?”

“No. I met him after the ball, or so that’s what people told me.”

“I don’t get it. Huh?”

“Haha, would you just let me finish first, so you can understand it better, okay?”

Pei gave her an “alright fine, go ahead” look.

“After the ball Van and Yam told me everything. I was so pissed and at the same time depressed, I didn’t know what to do so I went to a bar and had a drink. Actually it was a lot of drinks. Then I woke next day having no memory of what happened. So I retraced my steps and people told me what happened. A guy saved me from humiliation. Until now I don’t know who he is. And I don’t know if I want to know or not. I’m scared and not ready.” Pie explained.

“Oh my god! Perfect love story. I think you got yourself a knight and shining armor. You should go for him. Van is such a jerk prince charming. Not worth anything at all. I’m going to help you find him.”

“I said I don’t know if a want to, didn’t you hear me. I’m not ready.”

“Oh yes you are. If you weren’t, you would stop thinking about him in the first place. Right?” Pei raised his brow.

“I guess so.”

“See, starting tomorrow, we will make it our mission to find out who this ‘Mr. Whiskey’ is. No arguing.”

Pie surrendered and just nodded. Ugh! Pei I don’t want to. But as if I had a choice. You’re the hardest person to say ‘no’ to. Am I really ready for this? Damn.