A family lunch

Love that Left

Sooyoung is sitting on the couch in the living room, obviously with her little girl. And with the little girl on her lap, and a bear on little Sulli’s lap, it’s just such an adorable scene, completely adorable. It’s like a little family, a cute little family.

The door’s bell rang, and Sooyoung put little Sulli down, sitting on the couch while she made her way to open the door. And really, Sooyoung should be just guest who her guest is, because she will get it right, in the very first try.

“..shouldn’t you be at work right now?” Sooyoung’s brows furrowed “..it’s still early..”

“It’s 10 already..”

“In the morning..” Sooyoung replied with the same expression before her brows creased deeper “did you skip work?”

“If that’s all I need to get you talk to me.. then yes, I skipped worked..”

Sooyoung gave a soft chuckle “seriously, you can come later after school.. I haven’t planned on fleeing or something..”

“The last time I wanted to talk to you because you’re avoiding me..” Yoona’s eyes met Sooyoung’s in that strong gaze “..you left for Japan for 5 years..”

Sooyoung gave an awkward cough while her eyes avoiding Yoona’s, having a step back as she opened the door wider for Yoona to get in “..come in..”

Yoona sighed, and Sooyoung dodged her first try to talk about it, wondering if there is something she can do, either let it passed like that, pretending like how Sooyoung does, and instead bring their past up, maybe she can start doing something right now.

Yoona walks to the living room, and sits right next to Sulli while the little girl moved slightly away from Yoona, doesn’t really want to talk to her teacher. Yoona frowned. And so, now, she has to deal with that two persons.

“..Sulli baby..” Sooyoung called softly, squatting in front of the couch, just right in front of Sulli “..mommy need to go to school now..” she said “..and since you said you don’t want to go with mommy, you promise to stay with aunt Yoona’s right?” Sooyoung asked, making little Sulli pouted by the thought of her mother leaving without bringing her along.

“..baby..” Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Sulli’s waist, while the little girl has her arms around Sooyoung’s neck, the poor bear already lying on the couch beside little Sulli “..mommy won’t take long..” she added “..and mommy will buy food for us in mommy’s way home, okay?”

“..mommy.. won’t take long?”

“Yes..”

“How long it will take?”

“..hmm.. less than an hour?”

“Hmm..” little Sulli’s brows creased “okay..”

Sooyoung gave a soft smile as her daughter leaned to peck her lips “..mommy loves you..”

“Sulli loves you too, mommy..”

Sooyoung stood up, staring on the tall women there “..so, can we talk later?” Sooyoung asked “..i need to go to the school.. since the principal should be still there by now.. and can you help me to look after my daughter?”

“Sure..” Yoona smiled “..and don’t you dare running away..” Yoona threatened playfully, earning a soft chuckle from Sooyoung.

“I won’t.. and don’t  worry, lunch on me..”

 

It’s just when Sooyoung left that the living room fills with silence. Yoona glanced over the little girl, sighing with the sight of Sulli’s eyes glued on TV.

Minutes passed when Yoona finally called “..Sulli…”

“Are you mad at aunt Yoona?”

“..mm.. no..” Sulli replied softly.

“..then, why don’t you talk to aunt Yoona?”

“..I.. will just waiting for mommy Sooyoung to come home..” little Sulli replied, biting her lower lip in nervousness before her eyes shift back to the TV.

“..Sulli..” Yoona called again “..aunt Yoona is really sorry for whatever happened yesterday..” she said, moving slightly closer to the little girl “aunt Yoona didn’t know what happen, that’s why aunt Yoona just brought three of you to the principal’s office..”

“..it—it’s okay..” little Sulli answered “..it’s Sulli’s fault..”

“..then.. will you come back to school next Monday?” Yoona coaxed softly, hoping to get a yes from the little girl. It’s just that she knows, if Sulli want to stay there, Sooyoung will go with that.

But little Sulli stayed silent, eyes glued on the TV as she bit her lower lip lightly.

“..why don’t you want to come back to school?” Yoona asked “..Sooyeon and Soojung are looking for you..” she added “..aunt Taeyeon just called me this morning earlier, saying that Sooyeon and Soojung almost didn’t want to go to school today because Sulli was not there..”

“…really?” little Sulli whispered silently.

“Yes, they’re looking for you.. aunt Taeyeon said, they will definitely come here tonight..” Yoona smiled “..Sooyeon and Soojung miss you..”

Hearing that, little Sulli went silent.

“..why?” Yoona asked when she got no answer from the little girl “don’t you want to meet them anymore?”

“..i want to..”

“Then why don’t you want to go to school?” Yoona asked softly, hands gently caressing little Sulli’s hairs “..are you worried about Luna and Amber?”

Little Sulli nodded slightly “..what if they.. hate Sulli for hurting them? or.. what if they keep mocking Sulli’s mommy because Sulli doesn’t have a father?”

“..aunt Yoona will talk to them, okay? How about that?” Yoona asked softly, hoping at least little Sulli wants to come back to school.

But the little kid stayed silent, frowning, seems to not really into the idea. What if it doesn’t work.

“..Sulli..” Yoona called softly “..aunt Yoona will-..” Yoona’s words stopped when an idea crossed her mind “..then..” Yoona said “..how about aunt Yoona as your daddy?”

“..hmm?” little Sulli’s brows creased, eyes glued on Yoona’s curiously.

“Does aunt Yoona is good enough to become your daddy?”

“..aunt Yoona.. want to become Sulli’s daddy?”

“Of course.. there is no one in this world that doesn’t want to become Sulli’s daddy..” Yoona grinned, satisfied to know that she finally gets the little girl’s attention “..maybe Sulli will still can aunt Yoona as teacher in school.. but we can tell Amber and Luna that aunt Yoona is Sulli’s dad, and Sulli can stop called aunt Yoona as aunt, but daddy..”

“..daddy?”

“Yess..” Yoona grinned “..so, does aunt Yoona is good enough to become Sulli’s daddy?”

-----

 

Sooyoung went home really less than an hour. She apologized, and so to tell the principal that Sulli is not feeling well that day. And for little’s Sulli presence on school in Monday later, Sooyoung said that she will ask her little daughter about it again.

With a hand full of plastic bags, Sooyoung opened the door, and less than a half a minute, her little girl are running all over her way to the front door, and jump in Sooyoung’s embrace right when she sees her mother.

“Mommy!! Mommy!!” little Sulli yelled happily “what does mommy bring for lunch?!”

Sooyoung giggled, even if she is quite confused by the little girl changed of mood “..hmm.. want to guess?”

“Chickenn?!!” little Sulli answered almost immediately after seeing that familiar plastic bags.

“Yeeiiii!!” little Sulli gave a soft peck on Sooyoung’s lips “so, Sulli will have chicken for dinner either!!!” little Sulli exclaimed excitedly “daddy promised to buy chicken for dinner too!!”

“Daddy?” Sooyoung’s smile disappeared as she hears the word, her brows furrowed “mommy just left less than an hour and you already has a father that mommy didn’t know about?”

“Mommy knows!!” little Sulli said happily “daddy is looking after me while mommy left to school!!”

“..what?” and in confusion, standing behind the little kid is Yoona, wearing an innocent smile “..don’t tell me..” she mumbled.

“Yeii!!” little Sulli already jumped around to the living room that just near the front door “chicken for lunch and dinnerr!!!”

As Sooyoung stared into Yoona’s eyes with that questionable look, all Yoona gives is that innocent smile.

“..Sulli.. mommy will put this on plate, okay?” Sooyoung turned slightly to her little daughter.

“Nee!!” little Sulli answered immediately in between her happy ceremony.

As Sooyoung left, Yoona came closer to Sulli “..Sulli.. daddy will help mommy out, okay..” she said “..please don’t jump around..” she smiled.

“Nee!!” and once again, Sulli’s excited answer.

Yoona turned, and she was about to go when she hears Sulli’s voice “Yoongg!! Sit here, let’s watch TV!! Sulli is going to have chicken for lunch and dinner tonight!!”

“..what?” Yoona asked, turning back to the little girl “..did you call daddy?”

“Daddy?” Sulli’s brows creased “nope, I talked with Yoong..” the little girl replied, grinning, lifting that bear on her lap, before she put it back to her lap.

“You named your bear, yoong?”

“No.. mommy named it..”

“..okay.. just watch the cartoon, okay?” Yoona nodded lightly, earning the same nod from the little girl, her lips slowly curved a smile. Yoong.. that’s how Sooyoung used to call her..

 

Yoona made her way to the kitchen, walking closer to where Sooyoung is standing up, busy preparing their lunch.

“..so.. want to explain how we suddenly got married without me knowing?” Sooyoung asked, eyes glued on her busy hands.

“Why?” Yoona asked back, giving a naughty smile along “doesn’t like the idea of us, married?” as she put both hands on the edge of table, body leaning slightly to Sooyoung’s.

Sooyoung stopped whatever she is doing to lift her head, meeting that naughty smile “..you’re.. pretty weird lately..” Sooyoung said, giving a playful suspicion look.

“How weird?”

“..Yoona… really..” Sooyoung gave a soft chuckles “..you should stop that before I think you’re hitting on me..” she threatened playfully.

“..and what if I do?”

“..no, you’re not..” Sooyoung giggled.

“And why do you think that way?”

“Yoona, I engaged, remember?”

“But not married yet..” Yoona replied calmly, even giving a smile along.

Sooyoung went silent as her face shows that suspicious playful look before she chuckled “..really.. is this your way to cheer me up?”

Yoona’s eyes are drown into Sooyoung’s, but she can’t bring herself to confess right at the moment, yeah, Sooyoung is engaged, and she knows it.. should she take it by step?

And instead, Yoona formed a small smile “does it work?”

Sooyoung let out another chuckle when she leaned closer to Yoona’s side “..i think, it’s more than working..” she pulled, still giggling when she back to their prepare their lunch.

And again, Yoona lost in that smile. She is staring at Sooyoung’s side façade with a smile forming on her face. She is enjoying her view too much, and that’s when she finally voiced.

“..go on a date with me..”

“..hmm?” Sooyoung’s brows furrowed when she lifts her head once again, her face fills with confusion like she is hearing something weird, again.

“Go on a date with me..” Yoona repetead.

“..Yoona..” Sooyoung called with her face still with the same expression “..are you okay?” the tall brunette asked worriedly “..are you sure you’re asking that to the right person?”

“Yes, Choi Sooyoung.. go on a date with me..” Yoona repeated again.

“Really? Are you okay? Or is this one of your joke?”

“Do I look like I’m joking?” Yoona replied, her lips curved a small smile.

Sooyoung observed Yoona’s face, trying to find any sign of Yoona’s joke, but she got nothing as she wear a small smile “..really Yoona.. I told you, I’m okay.. if you want to--..”

“It has nothing to do with that..” Yoona cut “we used to go on dates before..” the latter added “why can’t us right now?”

“..i have Sulli, remember?”

“..then, bring that baby of us along..” Yoona replied, hiding her obvious naughty smile in that innocent smile.

“Us?” Sooyoung gave a playful teasing look “so now, it’s our baby?”

“You’re her mother.. and I’m her daddy..” Yoona shrugged, giving her innocent smile still “so, yes, it’s our baby..”

Sooyoung chuckled softly “..seriously..”

“Besides..” Yoona continued “..i want to cheer my baby up..” Yoona replied teasingly “..this will be my first date with my baby..”

Sooyoung stared on Yoona’s eyes, wearing an unreadable expression before she walked past Yoona, that look Sooyoung used to give her back than, that one Yoona obviously loves to see, that one which never failed to make Yoona’s heart pounding hard and smiling mischievously “..fine.. just go on a date with your baby..” Sooyoung mumbled.

She was about to walk to the living room to call her daughter for lunch when Yoona’s right hand grabbed her left arm, pulled her back gently, but surprisingly for Sooyoung who didn’t prepare for what’s coming.

Sooyoung’s body stopped when she turned back to Yoona, and really as she balanced her body for not to fall, she already felt Yoona’s other hand slipped on her nape, pulled her closer as the latter crushed their lips.

Sooyoung blinked in confusion as Yoona moves her lip on hers. And it took seconds when she responds that lips.

With her right hand on Yoona’s back, Sooyoung pulled the latter closer to press their body with their lips still locked. They’re kissing, and it’s obviously not a peck when Yoona bit Sooyoung lower lip. But Yoona stayed still there, having her time with her gentle bit on Sooyoung’s lower lip, teasing Sooyoung with an obvious silent demand. She wants Sooyoung.

And gladly, Sooyoung granted that silent request as she pushed her tongue to meet Yoona’s. They are smiling in between their kiss. A smile that only both of them know. A smile that enough to tell the other person that they’re enjoying this.. too much..

And as much as Yoona wanted to pull Sooyoung closer even if she already crossed their limit to know that there is not even a tiny space in between them. And as much as Yoona want this kiss last forever.. really.. if only they don’t need to breath..

Like as much as Sooyoung wants to stay like that.. or drown deep into that heated kiss all over again.. her lungs betrayed her..

It’s when they pulled away slightly, breathing in short deep pace, they know that they’re already missing that sweet tastes..

“..what was that?” Sooyoung asked in between her panting, giving Yoona a small mischievous smile.

“..you stole a kiss from me..” Yoona replied, smiling challengingly “..i just took it back..”

Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle “..it’s more like you stole one from me too..”

“..then.. we’re even..” Yoona said, giving a naughty smile, making the tall brunette giggled with head shaking slightly.

“..fair enough..” Sooyoung said, stepping back to give them both space.. just to breath.

Yoona smiled mischievously “..but, thinking about that.. you know, I think I prefer winning..”

Sooyoung’s left brow up along with a small smile on her face “..is that an official declaration of a kissing war or something?”

“What do you think?” Yoona gave a teasing smile.

Sooyoung shook her head slightly “..you’re seriously something..” she said, giving a soft giggles after.

“..i will call Sulli’s now..” Yoona said, giggling after Sooyoung’s comment. But it’s just a step when she turn back to Sooyoung “..and.. I love how you’re jealous over our baby..” she smirked.

“What?” Sooyoung replied almost immediately “hey, I’m not jealous!! Why should i?!”

“Yeah, you don’t..” Yoona teased.

“Hey, I really don’t!!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“Oh, come on.. I know you for years!! How could I miss that jealous look on your face?” Yoona teased.

“Oh, please! I really have no reason to get jealous, you know..”

“Fine.. if that make you happy..” Yoona said, not giving up on her teases.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes “seriously, I really--..”

“And, yeah.. I love how you can’t seem to forget me that you even named Sulli’s bear with my nickname..”

“Hey, i—I di-din’t do it!”

“Oh, youngiee..” Yoona called sweetly in a teasing manner “you remind me of our past..” she giggled “should I call you youngiee now, too?”

“Wha—whatt, no!!”

“Why? that’s cute, though.. youngiee..” Yoona asked innocently, wearing her mischievous smile “..you give us that name, saying that only us can use it to call each other.. our couple name, in what? junior high? Youngie?”

“Oh, please! That’s sound old!! Yoona, and really, stop calling me that!!” Sooyoung threatened “because I swear-..”

“What, youngie?” Yoona called before she quickly ran to the living room, to where that little girl of theirs are watching TV excitedly, waiting for her name to be called for lunch.

“Yahhh!! Im Yoonaaa!!”

And there two mature women running all their way to the living room, along with little Sulli, playing along before they have their so called family lunch..