A little thought

Love that Left

As usual, that morning, Sooyoung drives her car to pick up Yoona in the latter house, having breakfast together, before driving her bestfriend and her little angel to the school.

Nothing changed too much after their last night kiss. Since her evil friends and sister who is having breakfast with them there doesn’t bring it up, Yoona has been glancing over the tall brunette to see if the kiss last night change something, or make them kind of awkward.

But as far as she sees, Sooyoung is being her usual self, and maybe it’s just a good sign since Sooyoung didn’t take a matter over the kiss, or maybe for Yoona it’s something matter because she is wondering if she is the only one that having a hard time to get over a single kiss.

Yoona can’t help but wondering if Sooyoung feels whatever she feels that night, wondering if it’s only her that want more, wondering if it’s only her that still find herself in love..

 

Sooyoung parked her car near the fences, get down from the car and open the back door to let her little daughter out from the car, while Yoona who sit in the passenger seat already walking near the fence.

Sooyoung hold Sulli’s hand tightly while walking to where Yoona is standing up, and stop near her bestfriend.

“Baby.. mommy is going now, okay?” Sooyoung said as she bended down.

“Neee..” Sulli nodded excitedly, wanting to run all her way inside to meet her new friends, and obviously not patient enough to meet her two new bestfriends.

“Where’s mommy goodbye kiss?”

Sulli leaned over, pressing her lips on Sooyoung, and making a loud noise over that single peck before the little girl pulled up with a big grin.

Sooyoung giggled softly “see you later, baby..” she ruffled Sulli’s hairs “mommy loves you..”

“I love you too mommy!! Soo soo much!!” Sulli excitedly replied, wrapping the tall woman in a really tight hug.

“Okay…” Sooyoung chuckled “bye..” she stood up and looking over the running little girl.

Feeling a hard gaze on her, Sooyoung turned slightly, meeting Yoona’s eyes that glued on her.

Yoona let out an awkward cough, embarrassingly looking somewhere else, trying to hide her blushing face shyly.

Sooyoung smiled inwardly, hiding it perfectly with an innocent smile as she walks closer to Yoona.

“So..” Sooyoung started when she stands right beside Yoona “do you want to give me a goodbye kiss too?” she asked teasingly.

Yoona let out a surprised cough. And as much as she enjoys Sooyoung’s tease, and as much as she wants to answer the question with a yes, and really, as much as she wants to taste that tempting lips all over again, Yoona throws a soft scoff instead in between her blushing face.

“Your wish..”

Sooyoung chuckled “why? don’t tell me you’re not enjoying it..” she gave a naughty smile along “you’re kissing back.. and even pulled me closer..”

“Maybe I did it unconsciously..” Yoona teased, playing along.

“Unconsciously? Really? You’re pulling me closer unconsciously?” Sooyoung narrowed her eyes.

“Maybe?” Yoona let out a soft chuckle, trying to hide the fact that she is dying to get that tease into another kiss.

“So you’re doing that every time someone kissed you? not only me?”

“Hmm?” Yoona’s brows furrowed in confused on Sooyoung’s question.

“Yeah.. of course..” Sooyoung whispered, maybe more to herself “..its more explainable to say it as a reflex response..”

“What?” Yoona tilted her head slightly. Did she just catch a glimpse of Sooyoung’s disappointed face?

“Too bad you don’t like it..” but the tall brunette back to her teasing, ignoring Yoona’s previous question, wearing a small smile this time “then you should be grateful that our friends were there last night..” she said playfully “because I swore, if it was just us.. I will take it into another kiss.. and maybe not just once..” she grinned mischievously.

“..who told you I don’t like it?” Yoona gave a sweet teasing smile.

“So you do?” Sooyoung teased back.

Yoona shrugged “you know what.. you do getting better..” she replied playfully, narrowing her eyes with an obvious naughty smile “you are..”

Sooyoung giggled “if back then I was just good and I got more than a kiss..” Sooyoung flirted “..and now I’m getting better…” she leaned closer as she whispered “..shouldn’t I get more than just kisses?”

“..then.. tell me what you want..” Yoona whispered back huskily.

Sooyoung pulled back, leaving the distance back in a gap between them, chuckled softly “really.. you’re getting seriously good at this..”

“What does it supposed to mean?” Yoona’s left brow raised, still keeping a small smile.

“You usually will give in to me back then..” Sooyoung replied playfully “now, you’re flirting back.. a lot..”

“You’re not the only one who is getting better, you know..”

Sooyoung chuckled “yeah.. I guess so..” Sooyoung said mischievously “make me wondering that aside flirting.. what are you getting better at doing anyway..”

Yoona giggled “really, Choi Sooyoung! If you don’t leave now, you’re going to be late!”

“I don’t mind getting late if I can get more than kisses..” Sooyoung thrown another naughty smile.

“Really!!? Sooyoung! You’re asking to be scolded!”

“In exchange of you?” Sooyoung wears her mischievous smile still, stepping backwards “I really don’t mind..”

“Sooyoung! Now!!” Yoona laughed, trying hard to stand still, keeping her from running over that naughty teasing woman and giving her whatever the woman teased right now.

“I think I prefer being called baby..”

“Sooyoung!!”

Sooyoung laughed “okay.. okay..” she said when she already standing beside her car “see you later..” she waved before stepped inside the car, and driving to her workplace.

Yoona are watching until Sooyoung’s car out from her sight. She escaped a soft sigh, wearing a small smile. Really, just how long she will keep up with that sweet naughty woman she is in love with, just how far she can take all their flirty conversation, naughty act, and all that sweet words from the brunette without taking it into the real action.

All of it leave her with nothing but wondering if Sooyoung still has the same feeling for her like how the brunette used to, make her wondering if Sooyoung knows how much she is in love with her, just wondering if a confession will be enough to get Sooyoung into her arms, or worse drive the latter further from her embrace.

And whatever things that are happening between them right now, make her hell scared. She is scared if she can’t confessed before the marriage Sooyoung mentioned in their first meeting, scared if a confession will ruined what they had right now, scared if Sooyoung’s feeling faded, worse maybe lost all of its trace, leaving nothing left.

And what she is scared the most is if she keeps things like this going on and doing nothing to get Sooyoung back, that she is going to lose Sooyoung at all.. before she can even realize it.

-----

 

Sooyoung is just in the middle of teaching the dance practice to a group of back dancer that consist of 6 persons at once. The tall brunette is watching intently, trying to have all of the girls in her sight with the help of that mirror walls.

The music stops and some of the girl dropped on the floor, exhausted. And there when Sooyoung hears that familiar ring tone.

Her phone, as the only exception she proposed to take with her in between her session and her works. And her boss, considering for Sooyoung as a single mother who is deadly worried over her little daughter, and as a reference from Hyoyeon to mention that the brunette is one of that protective mother, letting the new dance instructor to bring her phone with her wherever she goes.

After giving a instruction to let the girls take a rest for 10 minutes, Sooyoung took her phone and walked out from the room.

It’s just in the first sentence that Sooyoung’s tired expression turned darker and run over to get her bag and going all her way to her car. It’s from Sulli’s school.

 

Sooyoung run all over the school’s corridor, going all her way inside the headmaster’s office room just to find her daughter sobbing quietly, sitting on the couch with another two kids. Sulli’s has a small cut that bleed slightly on her forehead, and one of the little kid have her knee bleed, and another one seems to have a slight cut on her elbow.

There are two teachers there. One of them is obviously the headmaster who is sitting on the swivel chair, and Yoona is standing beside the couch.

Upon seeing her mother, Sulli run all over the tall woman who is more than ready to accept her by squatting down. Crashing herself into that comfort embrace, and with that, little Sulli breaks into a loud cry as she buried her face on Sooyoung’s neck, arms circling around Sooyoung’s neck tightly.

Sooyoung’s heart broke by the sight. She has her teeth gritted hard, holding her little girl tightly, standing up from her spot and throw that angry look to the head master.

“What the hell is this?!” she slammed the table hard with one hand, another one keep Sulli in her embrace before wrapping the little kid back with both her arms securely.

“Your daughter were having a fight with two of her friends..” the headmaster trying to explain calmly “Sulli pushed both Luna and Amber down.. and the fight caused the a little injured..”

“My daughter?!” Sooyoung asked incredulously “my daughter never started a fight!!” Sooyoung angrily yelled “and Sulli got injured too!! how the hell that’s happened?!!!”

Yoona walked closer to the furious woman, her mind trying to work a word to calm the woman. But nothing comes as she watched Sooyoung furiously throwing tantrum over the headmaster.

“You should ask both of your students there!! how can you let this happened!! they hurt my daughter!!”

“And your daughter hurt them too..”

“But you don’t know what happened?!”

“They refused to talk.. and Sulli being all quiet that we don’t know what happened..”

“Then, you should ask what both of your students there did!!!” Sooyoung snapped “Sulli wouldn’t hurt anyone!! She never did that!!”

“Please calm down and take a sit, miss Choi..” the headmaster trying to coaxing the woman “we won’t be able to talk if you are yelling..”

“Don’t you tell me to calm down when you made my daughter cry!!!”

“Sooyoung--..” Yoona called, trying to reach Sooyoung’s arm to calm the latter down.

“You know what..” Sooyoung cut, breath running heavily in between her anger “we’re leaving..”

And with that, Sooyoung left the room, with Sulli’s in her embrace, leaving a dead silence fill the room.

The headmaster sighed, meeting Yoona’s worried eyes before she stood up from her swivel chair, walking to the couch, and sitting on the single couch near the two little kids.

“Luna.. Amber..” the headmaster called softly “you should tell us what happened..” but the two little girl says nothing, head bended down in guilt and obviously frightened by their friend’s mother just now.

“Because if both of you were wrong.. you should apologize to Sulli..” she said “and if both of you were right..” she added “I will explain it to Sulli’s mother..”

“Hey.. we won’t get mad for whatever happened, okay..”

One of the little girl starts sobbing “..we—we.. were just pla-playing around..” Luna said “..we—we.. didn’t know that it wi-will get Sulli that—that angry..” she said in between her sobbing.

The headmaster spared a glance over the tall woman there, worry and all of that mix feeling written all over her face.

“..what happened?” the headmaster asked softly.

“..we—we.. said so-something that—that make Su-sulli mad..” Amber stuttered.

“..what did you tell her?”

“..we—we.. ju-just asked whe-where her—her father is…”

“And?”

“She said.. he—he is in—in hea-heaven..” Amber recalled “..i—I thought she—she is lying..”

“..and—and Amber said that—that her mom mu-must be a—a bad person that—that her father left..”

“Hey, I didn’t say that!!” Amber defended “yo-you did!!”

“No—no!! yo-you did!!” they bickered.

“Hey, both of you, stop now!” the headmaster sternly said, getting both the little kids silent in an instant.

Kahi looked up at Yoona, knowing what must run all over her mind now. How sad must it be if Sooyoung heard that.

The headmaster sighed before she turned back to the two little kids “I want both of you to apologize to Sulli tomorrow..” she said “after all, you both started the fight..”

“..ne—nee..” the two little kids answered immediately.

Kahi looked up on the dazed teacher, upon meeting Yoona’s gaze, the latter bit her lower lip. Kahi sighed, knowing what running on the woman’s mind. School just almost over in another hour,

The headmaster nodded, giving a small smile as s sign to let Yoona going after her student’s parent who just left.

Without waiting for another word, Yoona runs out from the school, she was about to hail a cab when she saw Sooyoung’s car still parked to its usual spot.

Yoona made her way to the car, she opened the passenger’s seat door, and seat just beside Sooyoung without saying anything.

Sooyoung is sitting on the driver’s seat, the car’s engine is on, and little Sulli is wrapped securely in Sooyoung’s embrace still. And just like her mother, Sulli has her arms circling around Sooyoung’s waist, seems to refuse to let the tall woman go. And by no movement little Sulli shows, seems like the little girl fallen asleep due to tiredness, straddling in Sooyoung’s lap, face buried on Sooyoung’s chest.

Sooyoung’s eyes fall to the front, seems lost in her thought, but the latter sure is aware of Yoona’s presence inside her car, but still saying nothing nonetheless.

Yoona stared right to the front, letting silent fill between them in minutes before she whispered softly “..about what happened today… it’s-..”

“..I know..” Sooyoung cut “..i asked her…” she added, her eyes fall to her little angels. Sulli has her nose and cheeks all red.

“..she told me that.. she doesn’t like her friends.. called me a bad mother..” Sooyoung whispered silently, her left hand wrapped around Sulli’s shoulder, with other hand brought up, fingers running on Sulli’s hairs.

“..thinking about that..” Sooyoung added “..maybe I really am..”

“No, you’re not..” Yoona swiftly spoke, but Sooyoung’s gaze locked in Sulli’s sleeping face.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have to bring her her.. maybe I shouldn’t come here at all..” the tall brunette mumbled “..maybe I shouldn’t have come here in the first place..”

“..Soo..” Yoona called softly “..it’s-..”

“..I love Sulli more than anything.. that’s why, I give her everything she wants.. everything she needs..” Sooyoung cut “..only to know that.. it would never be enough..”

“Soo-..”

“There are things that I will never be able to give her..” Sooyoung spoke quietly “no matter how hard I tried.. no matter how many times I tried..” the latter whispered “..i will never be the best mother she had ever wishing for.. I would never able to give her a family like how she is always dreaming about..”

“..sooyoung-..”

“About what happened today..” Sooyoung continued “I know they are still kids..” the latter mumbled “and I can understand that..”

“I just lost my temper easily if it’s something about Sulli, and seeing her crying, making me all mad and furious without even want to hear what happen..” Sooyoung added “..and so, I will come tomorrow and apologize to the headmaster…” she said, finally meeting Yoona’s eyes.

“..Sulli’s is okay..” Sooyoung spoke as she find worried written all over the other woman’s eyes “..she will be okay..”

“I do worry about Sulli..” Yoona replied “but I’m worried about you more..”

“Sulli is the one getting hurt..”

“So do you..” Yoona answered immediately.

“We’re going home now..” Sooyoung turned back to Sulli “and if Sulli doesn’t want to come back to the school..” she added, and Yoona feels her heart dropped “..i will inform it to the headmaster tomorrow, along with my apology..”

“..does.. does it mean that.. you—you will going back to Japan?”

Sooyoung turned back to Yoona, giving a small smile as she spoke “..i don’t know..” she said “but I will think about it..”

“Sooyoung--..”

“Let’s talk some other time..” Sooyoung swiftly cut.

Yoona sighed, forcing Sooyoung to tall will be all pointless in the mean time “..let’s talk tomorrow..” Yoona said, getting a small smile in response. But Yoona want an answer, at least a time to talk without letting Sooyoung leaves her just like what the brunette did years ago.

Not giving Yoona a chance to say a proper goodbye, and not even giving Yoona a chance to confess her real feeling.

“Promise me…” Yoona demanded softly.

Sooyoung has a doubtful look before she mumbled a faint “..fine..” before she gazing back to her sleeping little girl.

Yoona sighed, Sooyoung definitely doesn’t want to talk at the moment, and she has no choice but to go with that.

Yoona stared at Sooyoung’s side façade, the brunette obviously seems sad, and worried over her little daughter. And for Yoona, screw holding back.

That’s when Yoona found herself leaning closer to Sooyoung’s side, both hands swiftly slide on Sooyoung’s face, cupping the brunette’s cheeks and gently turn the tall woman to face her. And before Sooyoung can say a word, she can already feel Yoona’s lips on hers.

Yoona pressed her lips on Sooyoung, giving a soft kiss, it last for seconds that Sooyoung even too surprised to respond before Yoona pulled back.

“..you’re not a bad mother..” Yoona whispered softly “..you never be..” she said “..Sulli is beyond lucky to have you as her mother, Soo..”

“..and the reason Sulli got angry to her friends.. as for someone who is living with you the longest.. and someone who know you the best..” Yoona continued, whispering softly with her nose running on Sooyoung’s cheek “..because she knows better than anyone.. that you’re the best mother she had ever has..” Yoona said “..and you are the best thing that ever happened in her life..”

“..drive safely, soo..” Yoona said, pulled back “..see you tomorrow..”

With that, Yoona opened the door and stepped down from the car, watching as Sooyoung’s car going far, far from her, until it finally disappear, out from her sight..