Family picture

Love that Left

Sulli is eating hurriedly, not because she is in an actual hurry, but more because she just can’t stay away from the sea of food which arranged neatly in front of her.

It’s already after their school hour that Taeyeon and Sunny picked up their two little angels, taking a break from the office for lunch, not forgetting Yoona and Sooyoung’s little daughter along.

Taeyeon and Sunny is working in the same office. It’s an electronic company, with Taeyeon is currently the head of financial management, and Sunny who is the part of production division.

Taeyeon fetched up their little angels, and taking care of Sulli as how she promised to her bestfriend. She is bringing the little kid to their lunch in a café near the school.

Taeyeon stared at the still excited little kid who has her eyes glued greatly on her food, sparing glances over a tall woman who is watching over Sulli, wearing an obvious sweet smile, eyes gazing deeply into the oblivious Sulli, taking care of the sweet little girl diligently, once in a while wiping the food stain around Sulli’s lips, and pretty much undisturbed by her surroundings.

“..you know..” Taeyeon whispered, nudging Yoona’s arm gently, wearing a teasing smile, making sure the little kid is too busy to notice, while Sunny is too busy to feed their two little angels “..from a bystander’s perspective.. I might think that Sulli is your daughter..”

Hearing the comment, Yoona meet Taeyeon’s eyes “..I am just doing a favor for Sooyoung.. I’m taking care of her daughter..” Yoona whispered back, giving the reason from her sweet gestures and unsaid affections from the little girl that she barely known “..besides, she is cute..”

Taeyeon chuckled “yeah, sure..” she said, obviously not buying Yoona’s excuses “I’ve been asking you to watch over my little girls several times before.. and as far as I remember..” Taeyeon paused, keeping her teasing smile “have you ever stare at my daughter like that?”

“..I told you, she is cute..”

“Hey, are you saying that my daughters aren’t?” Taeyeon asked, brows creased.

“They’re all cute..” Yoona swiftly answered.

Taeyeon didn’t answer, saying no words, but eyes glued into Yoona’s, lips slowly forming into a smirk, clearly waiting for a more honest answer.

Yoona sighed “..fine.. she reminds me of Sooyoung..” she answered defeated “satisfied?”

“Well.. pretty much..” Taeyeon shrugged.

Yoona rolled her eyes on her bestfriend’s behavior before she shifted back into the little Sulli, unconsciously wearing another sweet smile “..she eats like Sooyoung.. and talks like her..”

Taeyeon shook her head slightly, wearing a small smile “..so… already falling in love with her daughter either?”

“Hmm?” Yoona shifted back to Taeyeon, giving a suspicious look.

“I mean, now.. you have no excuse anymore for not going after her mother..” she smiled evilly.

“…who told you that I’m not going after her?”

Taeyeon chuckled “really? You know, consider this as a little advice..” Taeyeon said, keeping that evil smile on her face “you might want to make it a little more.. obvious..”

“Which part of my act that not obvious?” Yoona’s brows creased “I am taking care of her daughter, playing along with her jokes, flirts.. and we’re talking like how we used to.. like old friends..”

“Friends..” Taeyeon repeated “that’s exactly what you make her think about you..”

“Hmm?”

“Yoona.. the way you act right now is exactly the same as how you were towards her years ago..”

“Obviously.. I loved her back then.. and I still do right now..” Yoona replied.

“And with the way you behaved toward her back then, you rejected her when she confessed to you..” Taeyeon said “..Yoona.. you will make her think about you as a friend only..”

“But-..”

“You will make her think that you see her as a friend too, nothing more..” Taeyeon cut “with that.. you won’t have her as how you wish..”

Yoona went silent, considering Taeyeon’s word, and as much as she hates it, she knows, part of it, or maybe all of it is right.

“Okay..” Yoona sighed defeated “what do you suggest?”

“Well, just try to do something more, something that you never did before.. something that can make her realize that you love her..” Taeyeon said relaxingly “and by that, one of them, I mean confessing..”

“It takes time..”

“Don’t wait to long..” Taeyeon said “you only have less than two months..” she added, followed by a naughty grin.

“What?” Yoona’s left brow up, feeling uneasy by her bestfriend behavior, she knows what it means, and it never meant something good.

“Try kissing her..”

“..what make you think that, we never kissed?” Yoona blushed.

Taeyeon glanced at her wife, looking at how the blonde girl is still busy helping their daughters, she turned back to Yoona “..you had?”

Yoona shrugged, saying nothing.

“And after all that hugs and kisses.. you said no?”

“..I have reason..”

“Enlighten me..”

“It’s not important..” Yoona answered, refusing to give the honest reply, throwing all the past into the past, and how she commit to herself, she is not going to take the matter into anyone. She is not going to opened the past box, because she knows, nothing is going to matter from past for her future.

“Really?” Taeyeon narrowed her eyes “..Yoona.. now I start doubting if I should help you..”

“I loved her, Tae.. and I still do love her now..”

Taeyeon gave Yoona an unreadable look, before turning her head from Yoona. Taeyeon starts doubting, and Yoona can see it from the petite girl’s gesture.

“Tae.. I really do love her.. so much..” Yoona said “why do you think I stay single all this time?”

“It’s just all my fault that I’m not brave enough to fight for her.. and I can assure you that it won’t happen twice..” Yoona added, reaching Taeyeon’s hand “I wish I can go back then and giving her my all..” she whispered “..so that I won’t regret it now..”

“..don’t worry..” Taeyeon whispered softly, giving a small smile “we’ve got your back…”

“Thank you..” Yoona smiled sincerely.

“Welcome..” Taeyeon said “by the way.. do you need another advice?”

“Hmm?”

Taeyeon’s small smile turned into another naughty grin as she spoke “Sooyoung loves eating…”

Yoona stared back at the petite girl with her brows slowly creased, trying to get what the latter mean “..i.. don’t get it..” she replied hesitantly, feeling uneasy by Taeyeon’s remark. It’s just that, the naughty grin never meant something good.

“She is a grown up woman..” Taeyeon shrugged calmly “..she needs more than food..”

Yoona stared at Taeyeon blankly, seconds after throwing a disgust face at the latter “..ouhh, really, Tae!!” Yoona mumbled “please keep your dirty mind for yourself!!”

“You’re blushing!!” Taeyeon chuckled “don’t tell me that you’re not thinking about it!!”

“Tae, there are little kids here!”

“Keep it quiet, they won’t hear us..” taeyeon smirked “and the fact that you’re blushing, you’re actually considering it, right?”

“Stop corrupting my mind!!” Yoona’s blushed worsen.

“Heyy?!” Taeyeon giggled, having fun teasing the blushing girl “How could you blame me for your own erted mind?!!”

“Pleasee! As far as I know, you’re the most, and only person who can infect people with your dirty mind!!”

Taeyeon giggled “trust me, she will love it..”

“And please, stop thinking that all people have the same dirty mind as yours!!”

“Well, even if I doubt she won’t love it, at least when it doesn’t happen as how you expect, someone from both of you will surely enjoy it..”

“Tae!!”

“What?” she said innocently “don’t warded off the reality Im Yoona..”

“Seriously, you-..”

“Sunny-baby…” Taeyeon quickly cut, shifting her gaze to her wife, ignoring the blushing girl “let me help you..” she said as reaching the spoon from Sunny’s hand.

Yoona stared at the petite woman in disbelief, shook her head slightly before turning back to little Sulli..

Sulli looked up from her lunch as she meets Yoona’s eyes. Yoona was about to ask what the little girl needs before Sulli gave her a warm sweet smile, that one Yoona can always find in Sooyoung’s. Yoona smiled back, and that’s enough to tell her that.. she does in love with the family..

-----

 

They had lunch, and Taeyeon kindly offered a ride off back to Sooyoung’s apartment before driving back to their office.

Little Soojung and Sooyeon has been bugging their moms, crying out, insisting for staying with Sulli. After minutes trying to calm the two little girls, they finally stop crying with the promise from their mom to come over some other time.

Taeyeon glanced at Yoona, giving the girl a smile, a smile Yoona got the meaning behind. Taeyeon is giving them time, time to get closer with each other, to know more about each other.

And as usual, the two little kids ended up playing in the company’s day care where Taeyeon’s company provided for their employees kids.

 

Yoona and little Sulli are both sitting on the floor in the living room, waiting for Sooyoung to come home back. Sulli asked the tall woman before to play with her. And they ended up on the floor, with papers are scattering around in the small living room, along with pencils color, spidols, crayons, and more of drawing utensils.

Yoona has finished her drawing when she look up, eyes landed on little Sulli who is still gluing her eyes on the big paper, drawing seriously, already laying on the floor, unconsciously Yoona’s lips curved a smile.

She has been staring at Sulli’s facial expression which seems like she is doing an art work when something suddenly popped on her mind.

“..Sulli..” Yoona called, making the little girl looked up.

“Yes aunt Yoona?”

“Can I ask you something?”

Sulli sat up, folded her legs as she meets Yoona’s eyes, giving a smiled “sure..”

“Sulli, have we.. met before?” Yoona asked “I mean before days ago in the café..”

“Hmm.. nopee..” little Sulli shook her head lightly.

“Then.. why do you pointed at me that time like you know me? did you meet someone who looks like me?”

“..nope..” this time Sulli nodded silently.

Yoona’s brows creased “hmm?”

“..we never met before aunt Yoona..” Sulli answered “..but… I do have seen you before..”

“Really? Where?” Yoona asked curiously, but the little girl got silent “Sulli?”

“..i promised mommy Sooyoung not to talk about it with anyone..” Sulli pouted.

Yoona sighed inwardly, she is so damn curious right now, and her mind making its plot to find a way to get the information from the little kid.

“Then…” Yoona leaned closer as she whispered “how about we make it out secret?”

“..secret?” Sulli’s eyes glistening, her eyes rounded big, excitement clearly fill that innocent face as she nodded furiously.

Yoona smiled. It’s not that bad, she is not using the kid, she just want to know where the little kid saw her.. and it’s purely unharmed, right?

“Sometimes, I play with mommy Sooyoung’s wallet..” little Sulli said “..there’s where I saw you, aunt Yoona..” she gave an innocent smile “I saw your photo in mommy’s wallet..”

Sooyoung kept a photo of me?” Yoona’s face redden by the thought “did mommy Sooyoung say anything about it?”

“..mommy Sooyoung just said that you are a really important person for her..”

“..mm.. just—just that?”

“Ne..” little Sulli nodded.

“When did the last time you see that photo?”

“Hmm..” Sulli’s brows creased, wearing a serious expression, making Yoona’s smile wider, such a cute innocent kid “..i forget..” she pouted.

Yoona chuckled, brushing Sulli’s hairs, placing a soft peck on the little kid’s cheek.

“Fine..” she smiled “remember, that’s our secret only, okay?”

“Nee!!” little Sulli nodded excitedly.

Yoona giggled before her eyes landed on Sulli’s drawing, her brows furrowed “who is that in your drawing, Sulli?” she asked, having the sight of what seems like a little kid with three other figures.

“Oh, this is us..” Sulli answered, wearing a small smile “this is me..” she said, pointing to the short figure “this is mommy Sooyoung..” she continued, pointing to a tall figure who stand alone on her right “and this is mommy and daddy..” she said, pointing to two other figures standing on the left side in the drawing.

And sure, it confused Yoona more “mommy and daddy?”

And instead of answering, Sulli stood up, running to her room, and going back to the living room hurriedly, having a photo frame in her grip.

“This is mommy and daddy..” she said, grinning, handing the photo frame to Yoona.

Yoona took it from Sulli’s hand, having a sight of a family in the picture, a happy family with a man, and a woman who is carrying a less than one year baby, before she stares back to the still grinning little kid in disbelief..

And now, little by little.. some question are being answered..

But some just keep floating more, and more questions..