Love never failed

Love that Left

Sooyoung arrived at the apartment past lunch time already. Seeing her little daughter is still in her sleep, instead of having lunch outside, Sooyoung brought food in her their way home for lunch and even dinner for both of them before she arrived in their apartment.

With not that much struggle, Sooyoung carried the sleeping little Sulli in her arms, with her bag and the food plastic bags all just hanging on her arms.

In the apartment, leaving all her belongings in the living room, Sooyoung carried little Sulli to the little girl’s room, and tucked the sleeping girl in her bed before she went out, slumping herself on the couch in the living room.

It just not 10 minutes she takes her rest when her phone rings. It’s Hyoyeon.

Sooyoung took a deep breath before she answered the call “..yes Hyo?”

“..ah..  yes.. I’m really sorry for leaving the dance practice in a hurry..” Sooyoung explained “..I got something important to do regarding my daughter’s thing.. and I needed to hurry to the school that I forgot to inform you about that..” she said.

“..yes.. thank you.. and by the way.. I don’t think I can go to work tomorrow.. can you take my shift for the day?”

“..ah, yes.. yes.. okay.. really, thank you, Hyo..” Sooyoung said, feeling grateful upon her new friend’s understanding. The latter even kindly offered to explain to their boss in Sooyoung’s behalf.

Sooyoung put the phone down on the couch, her eyes closed as she leaned back, but that tiny little steps that make small noises make her open her eyes.

Sooyoung smiles as she watching her little girl making her ways to the couch, and climb on Sooyoung’s lap before little Sulli’s buried her face on her mother’s neck, arms wrapped her mother tightly in a tight hug.

“..did mommy wake you up?” Sooyoung asked, fingers running on Sulli’s hairs.

Sulli shook her head for an answer before she pulled from the hug.

“..you must be hungry..” Sooyoung gave a small grin “..wait here, okay.. mommy will heating our lunch..”

Little Sulli is obediently waiting on the couch, watching the TV as her mother heating their food.

It starts from lunch, by all the day Sooyoung spend her day at home only, watching TV with her little daughter, sitting in the living room on the couch, until dinner, something obviously strange from the little girl’s sight.

Sulli saw how her mother didn’t talk a lot that day. Giving a small smile or even a force one as a sign that she is okay with what just happen, and didn’t even say a word of what happened.

Sulli must be still a little girl, but living her life and spend almost every second of it with her mother, she definitely knows that something is not right. And seeing how her mother did everything almost in silent, it tells Sulli enough that her mother maybe sad over what she did to her friends earlier, and it makes her sad too.

 

It’s late at night, just at Sulli’s sleeping time, when Sooyoung brought her little daughter to her bed, giving a good night kiss, a sweet smile before Sooyoung out from the room, going to her own.

Sulli frowned when her door’s room closed, disappearing her mother from her sight.

No story telling, no jokes, no asking the little girl to sleep with her like how Sooyoung sometimes does, no staying with her until she falls asleep, no a lullaby..

So instead of drifted herself to sleep, little Sulli jumped out from the bed, dragging a bear along with her, reaching the doorknob, opened the door before heading out to her mother’s room.

Walking inside Sooyoung’s room, little Sulli hears noises coming from the shower, knowing her mother still having her quick shower before sleep, little Sulli climbed on the bed, and sitting on the edge of the bed, with her bear on her lap.

The bear her mother gave for her second birthday, that one she saw similar to that small bear in Yoona’s keychain.

It took another five minutes when Sooyoung showed up from shower, with a short pants and tank top, along with a towel hanging around her shoulder. Her hairs don’t get wet though, it’s already late at night, and Sooyoung just needs a fresh shower to get her a better sleep.

“..baby?” Sooyoung’s brows creased by the sight of her little girl on her bed in her room “..you can’t sleep?” Sooyoung asked.

Little Sulli shook her head lightly, head bended down.

“..then why are you not sleeping yet?” Sooyoung asked, but getting nothing as her answer. So the tall woman made her way to Sulli, standing on her knees in front of her little girl, head tilting slightly to meet Sulli’s eyes.

“..baby, what’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked worriedly “..are you not feeling well?” Sooyoung asked again, cupping her little girl’s face with both hands.

“..mommy..” Sulli called as their eyes meet “..i’m sorry..”

“..why are you apologizing, baby?” Sooyoung caressed Sulli’s cheeks gently, as her eyes meet Sulli’s guilty gaze, her heart pained.

“..because I made mommy sad..”

“..baby.. who told you that?”

“..because I did bad things..”

“..but it’s not Sulli who make mommy sad..” Sooyoung said, giving a small smile “..mommy just tired, baby....so, don’t worry.. okay?” she said, ruffling the little girl’s hair.

“..but, mommy looks sad..” Sulli pouted “..is it because Amber and Luna said bad things about mommy?”

 Sooyoung went silent, having a pause before she spoke softly “..then.. what does Sulli think? Does mommy is a bad mother?”

“Noo!! It’s not true!!” Sulli quickly answered “I pushed Amber and Luna because they’re saying lies!!” Sulli frowned “mommy is never been a bad mother!! Mommy is always being good and kind!!”

Sooyoung gave a small smile, wrapping her slender arms around Sulli’s waist, landing a soft peck on Sulli’s nose before leaning her temple on Sulli’s “..then.. it’s enough to make mommy not sad anymore..” she whispered, nuzzling their nose “..mommy loves you, baby.. and what’s more important for mommy is what Sulli thinks about mommy..” she said softly “..so, please don’t worry over things like this, okay?”

Sulli nodded lightly, wrapping her arms around Sooyoung’s neck, letting the poor bear pressed in between them as she landed her lips on Sooyoung’s, giving a sweet long peck, not forgetting that sounds as she pulled back “..Sulli loves mommy so, sooo much!! And Sulli loves mommy the most!!”

“Really?” Sooyoung giggled “how about grandma and grandpa?” she asked, teasing her little girl.

“Sulli loves them too..”

“But Sulli just said that Sulli loves mommy the most..” Sooyoung faked a frown.

“..hmm..” Sulli made a thinking expression while her arms still circling around Sooyoung’s neck “..don’t tell grandma and grandpa, okay?” little Sulli asked cutely, earning another soft chuckles from her mother along with a light nod “..i loves mommy more..” she said with a big grin “..Sulli loves mommy the most!!”

“..really? why?” Sooyoung giggled softly, loving the sight of her innocent daughter expression.

“..that’s because, grandma and grandpa never let Sulli eat a lot..” little Sulli protested “..they said that if Sulli eat a lot, Sulli will get stomachache…” her brows wrinkled as she narrated her grandma’s words “..but that’s not it!! Sulli only got stomachache when Sulli’s hungry!!” she pouted, before it turned into an innocent grin “..like mommy’s, right!!?”

“Yes..” Sooyoung giggled “that’ because Sulli’s is mommy’s little girl, right?”

“Yesss!!” the little girl giggled before it turned softer “..mommy.. can I sleep with mommy, tonight?”

Sooyoung gave her daughter a playful suspicious look “..you know you can always sleep with mommy.. mommy always asks you to sleep with mommy every night!” the tall woman childishly protest, along with a pout “..but Sulli always says that Sulli is not a little kid anymore!!”

Sulli giggled “..i want to sleep with mommy..”

“Okay..” Sooyoung chuckled, ruffling the little girl’s hairs as she stood up “..mommy won’t mind if Sulli even sleeps with mommy every nights..”

Sooyoung hanged her towel in the towel rack before she slipped herself under her blanket when Sulli’s already laid herself.

“..and why did you bring this along?” Sooyoung moves closer and hug her little girl when little Sulli circling her tiny arms around her mother’s neck, only to find that familiar bear in between them.

“..yoong?” little Sulli’s asked “..yoong wants to sleep with mommy, too..” little Sulli grinned innocently.

“Mommy can’t hug Sulli properly..” Sooyoung pouted.

Sulli giggled “..but yoong wants to be hugged by mommy too!!”

“..mommy thinks.. that it’s time to change yoong’s name..” Sooyoung mumbled in between her giggles.

“Whyy!?” little Sulli’s whined.

“..hmm.. it just sounds.. so old..” Sooyoung reasoned.

“Noo!! Sulli likes yoong’s name..” little Sulli quickly declined “..besides.. mommy named yoong..” she smiled innocently “..let’s keep it that way, okay?”

Sooyoung gave her little daughter a playful suspicious look as her brows creased “..do you love yoong more that mommy?”

“..hmm..” Sulli purposely took a long pause as she gave her mother her naughty look with glances over her mother.

“Yahh! How could Sulli even take that long to think about it?!!”

Sulli laughed “of course I love mommy most!!! Yoong can’t buy Sulli food!!”

“So, you only loves mommy because of food?” Sooyoung’s brows creased deeper.

And again, Sulli gave that naughty smile of hers, along with her faked mischievous thinking expression, similar that what Sooyoung gives when she playfully teasing her little daughter.. and really, when someone says ‘apple falls not far from its tree’.. is pretty much can describe what happen in between that two childish kid right now..

“Yahh!!”

Sooyoung protested, showering little Sulli’s face with kisses while tickling her poor little girl, when the little girl is already laughing hard. The night seems to come to its darkest when the two figures there tired from their play. Soon they fall asleep, hugging, with a smile in both of their face.