A good start

Love that Left

“So baby, what did mommy said before?” Sooyoung asked, squatted to meet her little angel’s eyes. They’re talking in front of the school, near the gates.

“..umm.. don’t talk to stranger.. don’t go out with stranger.. and don’t go around in a quiet place..” once again little Sulli repeated the sequence rules her mother just told her all their way on the car to Sulli’s first day in her pre-school.

A car that Sooyoung’s fiancé insisted to buy for her in her short holiday in Seoul, which finally accepted by the tall brunette after a long call. Well, maybe another reason for that is because even if she rejected the offer, she found a man who she found out as her fiance’s assistant, standing in front of her apartment door this morning, giving a car key and telling her that her car parked in B11 in the apartment’s parking lot.

A black sedan which Sooyoung has no choice but gladly accepted after a grateful call to her stubborn yet understanding fiancé.

“Anything else?” Sooyoung narrowed her eyes playfully.

“..mm..” little sulli’s brows creased, trying to recall her mother’s another sequence of prohibition “..don’t be naughty.. be a good kid.. listen to aunt Yoona’s words--…”

“Teacher Yoona..” Sooyoung cut “..baby, you have to call her teacher here..”

“Ahh, yesss!!” Little Sulli excitedly exclaimed “I forgot!!” she grinned.

Sooyoung giggled softly, ruffling Sulli’s hair “..and? did you forget something?”

“..hmm..” once again, little Sulli made a thinking gesture, with her brows wrinkled, doing nothing but make her looking even more cute “..ahhh!!! wait for mommy Sooyoung no matter what!!!”

Sooyoung chuckled softly, eyes meeting her little daughter’s, worried obviously shows there “and, baby.. since today is mommy first day, maybe mommy can’t pick you up..” she said, getting the information from Hyoyeon “so, be a good kid and listen to aunt Yoona, okay?”

“Nee..” Sulli answered obediently.

“Aunt Yoona will take you for lunch today.. and she will take you home..” Sooyoung smiled “mommy will meet you at home for dinner, okay? You’re choosing..”

“Okayyy!!” Sulli nodded furiously, eyes rounded big, her mind already filled with whatever menu they will have for dinner tonight.

Sooyoung giggled softly “..okay, go in first..” she said “see you later..”

“Okay mommy..” Sulli pecked her mother’s lips, bidding her goodbye before making her way into the school with her bagpack, and running along with her are the overly excited little Sooyeon and little Soojung.

“Oh.. mm.. Yoona?” Sooyoung called.

Yoona startled, she doesn’t even realized it that she has been staring at Sooyoung for a while now, exactly from the moment Sooyoung stepped there with her daughter and staring at their cute and loving conversation, standing there with a small smile.

“..o—oh? So-sorry..” Yoona stuttered, blushing, only wishing that Sooyoung doesn’t realized to whoever she is staring at.

“Ah, so I was wondering if you can take Sulli home after lunch..” Sooyoung smiled.

“Oh, sure.. don’t worry..” Yoona mirrored the smile.

“And, do you have anything to do today?”

“Ah, no—no..” Yoona replied swiftly “anything I can help?”

“Ah, it’s just that since our apartment is nearer, how about you take Sulli home and stay with her in our apartment? After I finished with the dance practice and briefing, I will drive you home..” Sooyoung asked “and.. after dinner definitely..” she grinned “come with us?”

“..di-dinner?”

Okay, it’s just such a tempting offering, and how the hell Yoona is supposed to reject that? and maybe she just has no intention to refuse the chance, at all.

“Ah, do you already have a dinner date with someone? It’s okay if-..”

“No—no!” Yoona swiftly cut, getting her face redder “..i—I mean, we already discussed about this.. I will take care of Sulli everyday until you’re home..” she reasoned “so, I don’t want to burden you with such thought because I take care of Sulli for you..”

“Hmm.. so..” Sooyoung’s right brow up “is that a no?”

“..mm.. bu-but..” Yoona bit her lower lip, awkwardly avoiding Sooyoung’s eyes while trying to hide her red face “..i—I don’t mind..”

Sooyoung chuckles softly “okay.. this is my apartment’s duplicate key..” she said, handing Yoona a key with a bear keychain “I thought it would be more convenient if we both have one..”

“Ah.. thanks..” Yoona smiled, taking the key from Sooyoung’s hand “rillakuma?” she asked after seeing the familiar keychain.

“Oh, I saw that keychain in the store where I made this duplicate key..” Sooyoung said “it reminds me of you..” she added, giving a teasing smile, and it’s easily make Yoona blushing, again.

“..a-ah—ah..” Yoona nodded, head bended down, only thinking about how to hide her blushing face from Sooyoung.

“I thought you like it..” Sooyoung spoke quietly, tilting her head slightly, trying to find Yoona’s eyes “sorry..” she mumbled, thinking that Yoona got mad or upset “it’s been a long time.. of course you don’t like such childish things anymore.. I will change it with--…”

“No—nooo!!” Yoona swiftly cut, quickly meeting Sooyoung’s eyes “I—I still love it..” Yoona shyly admitted, eyes wondering everywhere but Sooyoung’s “i—I just never thought that—that you still remember about it.. it’s been years..”

“Ahh..” Sooyoung heaved a relieving sigh “I thought you’re mad..” she smiled sweetly “and of course I am..” she said, wearing another teasing smile as she leaned closer, playfully whispering “how could I forget something about you..”

Yoona awkwardly coughed, she is heated, she can’t even imagine how red her face right now.

Sooyoung chuckled softly “really.. how could year passed by year, and you still remain the same..” Sooyoung teased “adorably cute, ridiculously sweet, and still breathtakingly beautiful..”

Yoona let out an awkward chuckle, she really should stop it before Sooyoung melted her right on the spot, or get her a heart attack “re-really.. you will be late if you’re staying longer..”

“Well.. it’s still worth it..” Sooyoung shrugged, keeping her teasing smile “you’re really such a great start for my morning..”

Yoona giggled “okay, leave now, I need to watch over your little angel..”

“Ah, yeahh..” Sooyoung smiled, nodding lightly “see you later..” she said, wearing another teasing smile “in our dinner date..”

Yoona shook her head slowly with her smile plastered all over her face, watching Sooyoung’s back as the latter walk further, going inside her car, until it disappeared from her sight.

Yoona heaved a sigh, Sooyoung is completely acting like nothing happened between them, of course it is not like Yoona wants Sooyoung to bring the confession up. She knows that Sooyoung must felt completely broken that time, and it’s not really a good memory to recall for. But still, there is a part of her hoping that Sooyoung might maybe slip tongue about it, at least Yoona can know that Sooyoung does remember, about them, and her feeling back then.

And since Sooyoung keep it down, all Yoona does is drowning in her own feeling, doubting whenever she should confess or not, wondering if she still stands a chance to win Sooyoung’s heart all over again, and all that distracting thoughts.

 

“Really, how can they ditch us alone here..” Yoona whined. She is standing in front of one of the boutique at mall, after waiting an hour in the food court, they all actually already planned to spend their weekend today, together, it’s Saturday.

“Why?” Sooyoung pouted, slipping her arms around Yoona’s waist from behind, resting her chin on Yoona’s shoulder, back hugging the younger girl “don’t you like to spend it only with me?” she said, not mentioning the reason why their friends didn’t show up.

She is the one behind it, obviously. Taeyeon, Sunny, Tiffany, and Yuri are all aware about Sooyoung’s feeling towards the younger girl. She has been courting the girl since forever, showing her love right to the owner of her heart.

Among of them, Taeyeon, Sunny, Tiffany, and Yuri are all in the same age, while Yoona and Sooyoung next, and Seohyun is the youngest. It’s just that Sooyoung enrolled her junior high earlier that she is in the same class with the four same aged friend.

And so, with a single phone call, she asked her friends to have a separate date so she can spend the weekend with Yoona only.

Yoona giggled “of course I do.. but you might want to stop doing it here..” she said, trying to put Sooyoung’s arms down “there are a lot of people looking at us weirdly.. they might misunderstood us..”

“I don’t mind.. let them be..” Sooyoung replied, refusing to let Yoona go “we’re on our date anyway..”

Yoona chuckled, letting Sooyoung back hugging her until she finished sipping her drink “let’s walk around..”

“Okayy..” Sooyoung grinned, holding Yoona’s hand tightly, intertwined their finger as walking around in the mall, until Yoona stopped in front of one of the store.

“Why?” Sooyoung asked, following Yoona’s gaze.

“Isn’t that cute?” Yoona said, eyeing a big brown bear, half her size.

“You’re cuter..” Sooyoung answered briefly.

“Really! You’re such a sweet talker..” Yoona giggled, she loves it, and all she does is trying hard to hide her blushing face.

“I mean it..” Sooyoung said, wearing an innocent face “..do you want it?” she asked, when Yoona was about to continue their date tour in the mall.

“If I said yes, would you buy it for me?” Yoona challenged.

“It’s depend..”

“On what?” Yoona asked, brows raised.

“On what are you going to do with it..” Sooyoung said, giving another innocent smile.

“How does it suppose to affect your decision?”

“If you’re going to put it on buffet only or the table beside your bed, then it’s a yes..” Sooyoung answered seriously “if you’re going to hug it to sleep, then definitely a no.. a big—big no..”

Yoona giggled “why I can’t hug it to sleep?”

“Do you even need to ask?” Sooyoung pouted, still keeping her serious expression “of course because I will get jealous.. really—really jealous..”

 “If I own that cute bear, I will only hug it to sleep..” Yoona said between her giggle “so let’s just passed it then..” she said, continuing their date.

“You can hug me to sleep, why do you need that? you can just call me if you want to sleep.. I will sleepover in your home every night..”

Yoona giggled, they’re having their date all day long, with Sooyoung still talking about the big brown bear, and Yoona is secretly glancing over the serious talking girl, blushing over the sweet words, and she is loving it, a lot.

Spending their time together, they arrived at Yoona’s home late at night.

Yoona woke up the next day only to find a big brown bear she saw with Sooyoung yesterday lying beside her, in her bed, her room, her house.

“Sooyoung dropped it early this morning..” Yuri said, she was about to leave her sister’s room when she saw the younger girl wake up. A smile instantly appeared on Yoona’s face as she is staring at the big bear which is now already in her embrace.

“And..” Yuri said, giving a playful disgusting look as she mumbled “she insisted me to tell you to call that.. mm.. bear.. mm.. Sooyoung..” she sighed, shaking her head slightly “she told me to tell you to check your phone..” Yuri finished, leaving the room after having a sight of her sister’s sweet foolish grin, definitely the reason from all the image of Sooyoung’s childish act that keep flashing in her mind.

Yoona quickly took her phone in her hand, still embracing the big brown bear. She got a text, and doesn’t need a lucky guess to know the sender.

Sooyoung always can make her day better, better than how it could be, better than how she could imagine, Sooyoung just never failed to make her smile, laugh, and happy. And the text does nothing but keeping that sweet creepy smile on her face all day long.

                “You’re hugging Sooyoung, right?”

 

Yoona stared at the keychain Sooyoung’s gave earlier. A small smile appeared on her face as the memories comes back flashing inside her thought.

“Silly.. how could I stop loving this bear when you’re the reason why I start loving this..”