Mommy's little girl

Love that Left

The door clicked opened, revealing a tall brunette walking inside the living room, meeting a sweet little girl sitting side by side with another tall woman on the couch, watching cartoon on the TV.

“Where is mommy’s little girl?” Sooyoung smiled as her eyes meeting the little girl’s.

Sulli’s eyes rounded big in excitement before it curved into half-moon shapes as her lips grinning widely, giving a hint full of longing.

They are sure being a little too much like they’ve been parting for days or weeks while it’s only hours since they last met.

“Mommyyy!!!” Sulli yelled brightly, jumping out from the couch, grabbing her masterpiece with her and running after her mother who is already squatting down with wide open arms, swiftly envelope her little girl in a tight warm hug

“Moommyyy!! Lookkk!!” Sulli exclaimed happily, holding the big paper side by side with each hand, extending the paper to give her mother a closer clear look on her drawing “I draw this with aunt Yoona earlier!!”

“Really?” Sooyoung giggled, taking the drawing from Sulli’s hand. It’s a drawing of four figures holding hands, side by side, each of them has a word caption below ‘mommy, Sulli, mom, dad’. And to which beside the word ‘mommy’, there is a small heart colored in red.

Sooyoung’s lips curved a smile as she stared into the drawing. For anyone else, it may be only just a 4 or 5 years old kid’s drawing. But for hers, its more like one of that love language, one of that sign to know that Sulli loves her. And it means more than everything for her.

Sooyoung took a glance at her little daughter, before gazing back into the drawing, faking a serious professional judger expression with narrow eyes, crease brows, lips tight, not forgetting the hum “..hmm..”

Sulli is standing still, eyes rounded big, glimmering with hopes and obviously waiting for her mother to say a word or more. She looks terribly cute with that innocent nervousness, just as cute as her playful mother expression.

Yoona chuckled silently by both of the childish kids, watching the scene, shaking her head slightly in amusement with a small smile on her face. Sooyoung is completely into her judger rule and the little girl is so into her mother’s play.

Sooyoung lifted her face to meet Sulli’s eyes, as she can’t hold her grin, the childish mother giggled “baby!! this is really the best drawing mommy ever seen!!”

“Reallyy?!!” Sulli jumped excitedly.

“Of course!!” Sooyoung chuckled “should mommy buy a big frame and put it on the wall there?” she said, giving a big grin while pointing the wall right above the TV, that exactly the first place to spot for whoever step into the small apartment.

“We cann?!!” Sulli asked in excitement.

“Definitely!! Mommy will buy it tomorrow, okay?” Sooyoung giggled, earning another excited nods from Sulli, putting the drawing on the coffee table, before wrapping the little girl into a tight warm hug “where’s mommy’s kiss?” Sooyoung smiled, pulling from the hug, leaving a little gap between them with her arms around Sulli’s waist, making Sulli giggled, leaning closer to peck Sooyoung’s lips.

“How’s mommy’s little girl’s doing?”

“Greatt!!”

Sooyoung chuckled, all her worries gone by that smile on Sulli’s face “how’s your day, baby? Do you like spending time with aunt Yoona?”

“Yesss!!”

“Are you being a good kid?” Sooyoung narrowed her eyes playfully “you’re not causing a fuss on aunt Yoona’s, right?”

“No..” Sulli grinned innocently.

“Really?” Sooyoung played “because mommy is going to check it on aunt Yoona..” she said, making the little girl giggled more, nodding happily before wrapping her arms around Sooyoung’s neck.

“So, aunt Yoona.. did my little angel’s here giving you a hard time when I’m not around?” Sooyoung’s asked, meeting Yoona’s eyes with little Sulli in her embrace.

“She really is being an angel..” Yoona answered, giving a smile along.

Sooyoung mirrored the smile before gazing back on her giggling little girl who is giving a proud grin.

“Mommy loves you..” Sooyoung’s smile softened, ruffling Sulli’s hairs “and misses you a lot..”

“I love you too, mommy.. so, so much!!!” Sulli giggled, hugging Sooyoung tightly.

“And, in exchange for being a really good kid..” Sooyoung paused, teasing the little kid, making Sulli waiting in anticipation “what does mommy’s little girl want for dinner?” Sooyoung grinned.

Sulli’s eyes are sparkling brightly, already imagine her favorite fast food when she said quite loud “chickennn!!”

“Again?” Sooyoung giggled “didn’t that what had recently?”

“But mommyy!!” Sulli pouted “pleaseee!!”

Sooyoung sighed, but wearing a small smile still, she just can’t say no when it comes to Sulli “fine.. but this should be the last for this month, okay?”

“Nee!!” Sulli laughed.

“Okay, now, let’s get you change first.. wait for mommy in your room, okay?” Sooyoung smiled while watching her daughter making her way to her room in a hurry before she turned at Yoona.

“Hey, I will drive you home after dinner..” Sooyoung grinned, getting a light nod from Yoona “and.. there is a fast food place nearby...” Sooyoung said “the one that Sulli’s wants.. is that okay with you?”

“Sure..” Yoona smiled back.

“Anyway, since I want to take you to a proper dinner date..” Sooyoung teased “I will pay it some other time, okay?”

Yoona chuckled “actually fast food is okay with me..”

Sooyoung faked a disappointment sigh “is that another rejection?”

Yoona giggled by the playful comment “but I always welcomed free foods..”

“Good choice..” Sooyoung laughed “wait for a while, okay?”

“Sure..”

-----

 

They’re walking to Sulli’s favorite fast food place, which takes around 15 minutes by walking. Yoona kindly rejecting to use the car since Sooyoung said it’s nearby. Besides, Yuri is working quite late for the day, and she called Yoona before to tell her sister that she will fetch her at Sooyoung’s apartment by late at night later, so Sooyoung wouldn’t have to drive her home, Yuri didn’t even forget to sister along.

They’re talking, eating, spending time together, just like the old times. The only difference is that little Sulli is there, spending time along with them, and by the presence of the little girl, they seem more like a family, and instead on disturbing the two grown up women catch up, Sulli is being that sweet and cute little kid who brings more laugh, smile, and happiness in between them, to what Sooyoung believes, her little angel.

It’s quiet a night when they’re walking back home. They’re walking on the road side, while Sooyoung carrying Sulli in her arms, with Sulli’s face buried on Sooyoung’s neck, feeling the warmth from Sooyoung’s embrace, secure and comfort from her mother’s hug. The little girl was already asleep, tired from playing and running around.

They’re walking in silence. Sooyoung’s eyes glued on the road, with once a while she has her hand rubbing Sulli’s back to get the little girl aware of her presence, while Yoona keeps glancing over the tall brunette, doubting whether to ask the truth she found out from Sulli before to Sooyoung.

Minutes passed where the two figures enjoy their silent trip, when Yoona finally decided. She wants to know the truth, and the reason Sooyoung never mention it or tell them the truth.

“..Soo..” Yoona called softly.

“Hmm?” Sooyoung glanced, meeting Yoona’s eyes with a lip-tight smile before gazing on the road back.

“..can i.. ask you something?”

“Sure, anything..”

“..Soo..” Yoona whispered hesitantly “..about your sister..”

Sooyoung’s step stopped, her smile faded, making Yoona stopped along, staring on the tall brunette worriedly.

“..i’m sorry..”

“..thank you..” Sooyoung mumbled, nodding lightly “..how did you know?” she asked, taking small steps back, eyes focused right to front.

“Sulli’s drawing..” Yoona said, following behind “..I asked who she is drawing… she mentioned you obviously.. and she shows me a picture of Soojin unnie and Yunho oppa..” Yoona answered, recognizing the two familiar figures in the photo from two persons whom she used to see back then in the past.

Far on the years where Sooyoung was still studying in Seoul, and her family would visited the brunette once in a while. But the most visit obviously made by the older Choi to satisfied her concerns and worries towards her only sister.

Yunho would tag along sometimes, and Sooyoung’s parents would come once a year. It’s just Soojin who worried too much no matter how many times Sooyoung assured that she can take care of herself.

“..she said, you told her that they are in heaven..” Yoona continued, ending their conversation in a deafening silence, either waiting for a reply from Sooyoung, or just taking the clue to drop the topic already.

“..Sulli was not even two years old when the accident happened..” Sooyoung whispered, but enough to let Yoona listens “..Sulli doesn’t even have that much memories about her real parents.. not enough to grow a bond.. not enough for her to remember their face..” Sooyoung’s voice cracked “..not without a picture..”

Yoona reached Sooyoung’s arm, causing the tall brunette to stop, facing her.

“..It’s not fair.. how come Soojin unnie and Yunho oppa can’t get a chance to watch their little girl growing up..” Sooyoung mumbled “..how come Soojin unnie left that early and left her little girl alone..”

“..Soo..” Yoona called, bringing her right hand on Sooyoung’s cheek, caressing gently.

“..it’s even more unfair for Sulli..” the tall brunette whispered “..how could she deals with the fact that her real parents are not by her side anymore? That she has no choice but to accept the stupid reality of losing her parents in a stupid accident..” Sooyoung mumbled “..that she has to stuck with a childish and stubborn woman like me..”

 “..she is only four…” Sooyoung mumbled, feeling the sleeping Sulli’s arms tightened around her neck “..going on five in few months..”

“Soo--..”

“I can’t leave Sulli to anyone.. not to orphanage, not to foster care..” Sooyoung cut “..if there is someone who is taking care of Sulli, if there is someone who is watching Sulli growing up, and if there is someone who Sulli is calling someone mommy aside from Soojin..” Sooyoung gave a weak smile “..Yoona, i want to be that person..”

“No matter how inexperience I am.. no matter how incompetent I am.. and no matter how bad I am as a mother..” Sooyoung spoke softly “..i am not going to give up on Sulli to anyone..” she whispered “that way, I can make sure that nobody is going to hurt this angel.. and I can assure her a world where I can always see her smile, her laugh..”

“..I won’t let her cry.. I won’t let anyone hurt her.. nobody..”

Yoona gave a smile “Sooyoung, Sulli is lucky to have you as her mother..” she said, caressing Sooyoung’s cheek “and Soojin unni with Yunho oppa will be more than grateful to know that their daughter is being in a good care of yours.. and growing up with a loving and caring mother like you..”

“..and I can assure you one thing, Soo..” she said, rubbing Sooyoung’s arm “..that nobody will be good enough.. and nobody is going to become a better mother for Sulli but you.. nobody..”

“Well.. even if I have to admit that you spoilt this angel too much..” Yoona joked, earning soft chuckles from the tall brunette.

“Thanks.. its actually make me feel better..” Sooyoung gave another light chuckles "and i can't help it.. this little girl is just too cute and sweet.."

They continue their short trip to Sooyoung’s apartment, with Sooyoung carrying Sulli with one arm, since the little girl is sleeping calmly, Sooyoung has no difficulty on carrying the girl with one arm with other just fall on her side after giving another pats on Sulli’s back.

Yoona glanced on that, her mind trying to find another topic to talk about “anyway..” Yoona said “are you planning to eat at restaurants and café only while you’re here? for a month?”

“Why?” Sooyoung asked innocently, which Yoona finds it cute and obviously just enough to leave her speechless “..Yoona?”

Yoona let out an awkward chuckle “..i mean.. you’re not going to cook for Sulli or something? she might need to stop eating fast food, you know..”

“Ah, yeah.. that’s right..” Sooyoung chuckled “but I can’t cook..” she said “so yeah, I will just find a way later..”

“..I can help you..” Yoona said, meeting Sooyoung’s eyes “I can cook for you and your daughter..” she added “I mean, since I’m taking care of Sulli already, I can cook while waiting for you  in your apartment..” she shrugged.

“Oh no.. I can’t accept more of your help, Yoona..” Sooyoung mumbled “I have caused you more than enough already.. and I can give you more difficulties by doing more..” she said “I really feel guilty to get you into so much trouble while I’m staying here..”

“Hey, it’s okay..” Yoona giggled “I don’t mind..” she said “besides, Sulli is really a sweet and loving kid that I really enjoy staying with her..” she added “and I am happy to help you rather than spending my free time alone, you know..” she chuckled “well, rather than taking care of your daughter, I feel more like I find a new friend and she is even really fun to be around..”

Sooyoung giggled “yesss, that’s my Sulli you’re talking about..” she agreed, making Yoona laughed.

“So.. it’s okay then?”

“But Yoona--..”

“Come on..” Yoona cut, slipping her hand on Sooyoung’s free hand, her fingers find its space in between Sooyoung’s before she tightened her grip “are you seriously gonna reject me?”

“Hey, are you copying me?” Sooyoung giggled, unconsciously holding Yoona’s hand back.

“I learn from the best..” Yoona chuckled, grinning inwardly, hoping Sooyoung is still unaware of their holding hands.

“Heyy, you know I can’t reject everything about food!”

Yoona giggled “I know you won’t..”

“Yoona, that is the best offer I get so far from all of you..” she chuckled.

They’re walking on the road side to the apartment with laughs and smiles to fill in between their jokes and chats. Either Sooyoung is aware of the fact that they’re holding hands and doesn’t want to let go, or Sooyoung completely oblivious about their intertwined hands, Yoona doesn’t care. All Yoona knows is they’re walking back to the apartment hand in hand.