Screwed up

Love that Left

They’re having dinner, a dinner just right after their trip, the day after their trip.

It’s Sooyoung who called, saying nothing but asking her friends for a dinner.

“My treat..” that’s all Sooyoung told Taeyeon, and as how the petite woman told others.

It was a usual dinner, obviously. But of course with a surprise they’re unaware about, something that hasn’t crossed their mind, and not something so good for someone either.

It was loud, with seven women and two kids in the usual table, usual spot, and usual family restaurant.

And Yoona is obviously excited, waiting to meet this woman again, just so much longing.

If it’s not Taeyeon who called them about the dinner with Sooyoung, Yoona will definitely take a cab that morning and went right to Sooyoung’s apartment.

Yoona misses Sooyoung so much, but she is just trying to be patient.

“..it will be worth it..” Yoona whispered to herself over and over again.

 

But it was just before Yoona saw who is coming with the woman she loves and the little girl she misses to see.

Not good. She hears something cracked, and she was sure as hell that it was her heart. It’s hurt.

“..hey all..” Sooyoung greeted, but Yoona seen through that weak smile, they all do “..umm..i bring someone with me tonight..” she said, turning to the tall man, giving a small smile when she spoke “..this is my fiancé… Siwon oppa..”

And Yoona doesn’t even not in the mood to give a greeting smile, a small bow will do.

All of them are wearing unreadable expression, trying to hide whatever is going on, and really trying hard to pretend that they know nothing. Maybe at the moment, it will be the best to do.

Sooyoung and Siwon takes a seat across Yoona, leaving an empty space by Yoona’s side where Yoona obviously sparing for the tall brunette.

“..Sulli baby.. come sit with mommy..”

“Mommy, I miss daddy.. can I sit with dad?”

And there is someone who is obviously taken aback by the sweet calling from the little girl.

Sooyoung gulped, she obviously doesn’t see it coming “..hmm.. sure baby..”

Little Sulli with a wide grin, making her way to Yoona’s side, reaching out both her arms as asking her dad to take her, and Yoona gladly embracing the little girl, and letting little Sulli to sit on her lap.

Sooyoung glanced over her fiancé who is already losing his smile. That definitely doesn’t seem good. But there are things that out from her control, and Sooyoung knows it.

By now, Sooyoung is obviously sitting right across Yoona, but Yoona definitely aware of how hard Sooyoung is trying to avoid her eyes.

Yoona is hurting by what Sooyoung is doing. But Sooyoung is just as hurt because she doesn’t even know how to get things right.

Because even from the very start, something went wrong, and one thing led to another, and in the end, Sooyoung found herself in this messy strings, and she doesn’t have any idea, the slightest one to how to get things on her control.

Sooyoung is sitting there, eyes on her daughter, asking the little girl about what she wants to eat, or drink, or anything, anything that can keep her eyes on her little daughter only. Not to Yoona, nor her fiancé.

And all Yoona can do is staring into Sooyoung’s eyes without any chance of getting the eyes all for herself. Without a chance of getting a glance. And it’s hurt.

As hurt as Sooyoung feels.

Their friends, in attempt to make things less awkward, trying to keep a small chat, not going out well after the tall man finally break into the circle.

 

“..so.. you’re Yoona right?”

And the question is enough to get everybody’s attention. Because even in their small chat, all eyes are definitely into the three on the other side.

“I am..” the latter said, not really into a conversation, and one reason of it is because her eyes all on Sooyoung. And Siwon is surely aware of that, that someone else has her eyes on his fiancé.

It’s getting awkward and even more uncomfortable because Yoona seems to ignore Siwon’s ‘stop staring on my fiancé’s’ look, and Yoona keeps her eyes right on Sooyoung.

“You’re like what—Sooyoung’s high school friend?”

“..hmm..” and Yoona is having her conversation with Siwon while staring on his fiancé, and it’s obviously not a good thing, especially when Siwon is aware of it.

“..so, what are you currently into?”

“I am a teacher, a kindergarten teacher..”

“I am working in a company..” he said, giving a small proud smile “and I am sure that I am doing good, and more than enough for taking care of Sooyoung..”

And Yoona took it as a way from the tall man to tell her that she is not good enough for Sooyoung. And Yoona feels it. Insecurity, surely shows openly by the tall man.

Yoona knows that maybe Siwon knows something. Something about her. Because the fact that Siwon is talking to her, not only because she is the closer he could reach. But because she is someone who connected to Sooyoung so much more than others.

Yoona turned slowly, meeting the tall man’s eyes for a while when she spoke “what make you so sure?”

And it’s not good. Yoona’s response is not that good.

Siwon seems stunned for seconds by Yoona’s question, maybe doesn’t expected the young woman to go against his words, bus he is wrong “..well.. I am better than anyone could ever do to take care of Sooyoung and her daughter..”

“I am sure than you haven’t done enough research about that one..”

Siwon’s smile slowly faded when he spoke “nobody can love Sooyoung more than I do..”

“And that’s two..” Yoona replied, her eyes firm and cold, gazing right into Siwon’s.

“Sulli baby..” Sooyoung spoke “how about playing with Sooyeon and Soojung in the kids ground there?” she smiled, pointing to child area for playing, drawing, coloring, and just activities for kids “mommy will call you when our food arrives, okay?”

“Nee, mommy!!” little Sulli jumped excitedly, walking to pull little Sooyeon and little Soojung along to the kids area.

Sooyoung is definitely pissed and upset.

That’s immature. What’s Siwon and Yoona did was immature.

“So what? do you think you’re better? Just because you spent time with her like—what? three years? Or this one month?”

“That has nothing to do with numbers..” Yoona answered “what happened in the time being is important, don’t you think?” she added, giving a stiff smile along.

Siwon gave a little chuckle, definitely not one to lightened his mood “..and you have no idea how we spent this time being..”

“..stop it..” Sooyoung mumbled, keeping her voice low so that only the one she addressed to will hear it “oppa, stop it..”

“Well, you might doesn’t want to hear how we spent ours..”

“Yoona, stop there..” Sooyoung said, for the first time that night, eyes meeting Yoona’s. But it wasn’t that sweet and loving stare Yoona is longing to see. Sooyoung’s stare was cold and firm, and hurt.

And really, if only there is something the other six women can do, they will give a hand. But this is just so out of hand. And they have no idea on how to get this right.

“Don’t—“

“..what?” the tall man gave a soft sarcastic chuckle “..you want to tell me that you went further with Sooyoung than I and she did?”

When the question escaped Siwon’s lips, Sooyoung went frozen. Yoona’s eyes gazing deep into Sooyoung before she turned her head slowly to face the tall man, no, Yoona is not giving a smile or what. Yoona is keeping her expressionless face.

Enough to fade the smile on Siwon’s face.

“..what? did you sleep with my fiancé?”

And Sooyoung has it enough, in between her gritted teeth, Sooyoung stood up from her seat, walking to the restroom.

Siwon thrown another glance over the young woman, he is definitely angry. He said nothing when he stood up, and going after Sooyoung to the restroom.

“..that’s so mature of you, Yoona..” Yuri mumbled, but of course trying to put sense into her younger sister’s mind in the most better way she could think about.

“…I messed this up, right?” Yoona whispered sadly, eyes on where Sooyoung walked.

“..i don’t know, Yoon..” Taeyeon voiced softly “but Sooyoung is definitely in trouble..”

“..i am scared..”

And of course they know. They all do.

“..you might need to apologize..” Tiffany said softly “..Sooyoung doesn’t seem to like what you’re doing.. you and that man..”

“..hmm..” Yoona nodded lightly, biting her lower lip, she is in the verge of crying, how much she wishes that she could go after Sooyoung instead, apologizing right away, make up, and she need Sooyoung.. so much, maybe a hug to tell her that Sooyoung is there with her, and will go nowhere “..i will…”

And she felt threatened, scared, hell scared.. and when heart feels too scared to speak, and mind is already too shut to think, and body already too numb to move… words hurt.. definitely hurt..

But what can she do? She is in the clear line of getting the love of her life.. or rather losing it anytime soon..

 

“What was that about?” Siwon asked, definitely mad.

“I told you to stop..” Sooyoung said as coldly as her fiancé does.

“So what? so that I won’t find out the truth that you’re cheating behind my back?”

“..i don’t want to talk about this..” Sooyoung said “not now..” she added “..we’re both mad, and we will start yelling..” she spoke “..not here..not here..”

“..at least tell me what’s going on..”

“Nothing.. nothing you need to be worried about.. please.. let’s talk at home..”

“It was a month, and Sulli already calls someone as her dad?!” he said “Sulli never even called me that!! and I am your fiancé! I am the one who supposed to marry you! and being Sulli’s dad!!”

“Yoona is Sulli’s teacher.. and she is the one taking care of Sulli almost all the time..”

“And it gives her the right to be Sulli’s dad?! It was a month!! And I was the one who tried to win Sulli’s heart for years?! So what do I deserve? Being an uncle?!”

“You want to meet my friends! you’re not supposed to treat them like that!!” Sooyoung half yelled, obviously in anger to. Because keeping her self calm seem so pointless at the moment.

There was nobody there in the restroom, in front of the restroom by the moment, no one but them.

“She started it!”

“Because you’re into it too!!”

“Am I supposed to stay calm when someone just hinted that she slept with my fiancé?!”

“This is pointless! I shouldn’t have talk to you! I shouldn’t have brought you here to meet my friends! I shouldn’t—”

Sooyoung hasn’t finished her words when Siwon crushed her lips on Sooyoung’s, pushing the tall brunette until her back hit the wall with both his arms trapping her. Kissing as hard as he could, slipping his tongue in between when Sooyoung escaped soft grunt from the pain on her back before he went with his teeth.

It’s not good, because they’re in anger, and they’re still mad and furious.

Judging by how Sooyoung is trying to push her fiancé from her, but it got Siwon angrier that he bit a little too hard, enough to bleed Sooyoung’s lip, and it’s ended right when Sooyoung pushed him as hard as she could.

They’re both panting.

Sooyoung is in tears. Siwon has never been like that before, never once. And Sooyoung is aware that part of it was her fault.

Sooyoung touched her lower lip, only to have that red stain on her finger. It’s bleeding.

“..sorry..” Siwon whispered regretfully.

“I am going home..” Sooyoung said, not it the mood for dinner anymore, swiftly wiping her tears with the back of her palm as she ready to leave.

Sooyoung was about to take a step to leave when Siwon grabbed her arm, pulling her into his embrace.

And it was the first time Sooyoung saw Siwon broke in tears when she felt her neck wet when the tall man buried his face there.

“..you said I have nothing to worry about..” he whispered “..then show me.. go back to Japan with me..” he said “..Sooyoung, please go home with me..”

 

It was not a moment to think..

Maybe because no matter how hard they are trying to, they can’t find who is really at fault. Or in the other hand…. They’re all just at fault..

Maybe because Siwon gave a chance for his fiancé to meet her first love despite knowing the truth about it.. all of it..

Or maybe because Yoona is just too scared to lose someone she loves for the second time that she choose to give up on what sense offer.. because, when her mind said patient, it was fear that spoke, and she regretted ever gave up to that immaturity..

Or just.. maybe it’s Sooyoung.. simply because she was too weak in front of love.. or maybe she was too strong that she took a risk.. she was lost..

And that’s when they realized, that they’re all screwed up… as screwed up as they thought they would never be..