Sister's advice

Love that Left

“Sulli baby, come on.. greet mommy’s friends..” Sooyoung said, patting the little girl’s head.

Sulli stared at the tall girl’s face, seeing the smiling face from the girl, telling her that it’s okay. And so little Sulli turned to her mother’s friends side, bowing politely while one of her arms still hugging Sooyoung’s leg tightly.

“..mm.. Hello mommy’s Sooyoung’s friends.. I’m Choi Sulli.. Sooyoung’s mommy only daughter..” she smiled innocently “..nice to meet you auntie..”

Sooyoung giggled by the already memorized sequence she taught her little girl long ago. And every time Sooyoung tells her to introduce herself, she will just say the exact same words, the sentence which Sooyoung loves to hear ‘Sooyoung’s mommy only daughter’.

“Come on Sulli..” Sooyoung pecked her little angel’s cheek before holding her hand as she stood up “come sit with mommy..” she said as she walked closer to the two empty seats in front of Yoona.

At the moment, Yoona even felt lost, Sooyoung, the one she loves until this second is right here in front of her, sitting just exactly across her, while what breaking her heart is knowing that Sooyoung already had a child, something that she didn’t expect to see right now.

Yoona is frozen on her seat, eyes glued on both the tall girl and her little daughter in turn, everything she prepared to say, or at least all that question she is dying to ask to the tall girl, all vanished with only the sight of that little kid.

Yuri who is sitting beside her sister glanced at Yoona worriedly before nudging Yoona’s side gently.

Some of them there, who is quite aware of Yoona’s feeling secretly eyeing the stiff latter, before shifting their eyes to the so oblivious Sooyoung who is now busy taking care of her little daughter, getting her Sulli into a comfortable sit.

Out all of them, only Hyoyeon who doesn’t know the tall brunette, and so Seohyun took them into a simple introduction before Sooyoung sit earlier.

 

Sooyoung lets Sulli sits beside Taeyeon so she can sits beside her daughter, letting her little angel sits between her and her short bestfriend.

Sulli scanned her surrounding curiously, as her innocent eyes studying each of her mother’s friend’s face, getting a smile in return, maybe trying to memorize their face, before she stops in a certain figure, with her brows creased cutely.

“Mommy..” little Sulli called, tugging Sooyoung’s shirt while pointing at the woman who is sitting in front of her mother, getting all eyes glued on her “isn’t that-..”

“Sulli baby..” but Sooyoung quickly cut, she looked taken aback for second by what her daughter does, pulling Sulli’s hand down “how many times mommy tell you that you can’t point to anyone like that..” Sooyoung said softly “it’s rude, right?”

Sulli pouted, but disappeared right after her mother bending down slightly, pecking her lips, changing that pout into a big grin.

“Okay, mommy..” little Sulli nodded excitedly before shifting back to Yoona who is still wearing that confused face, bowing her head slightly “..sorry auntie..”

But Yoona still wordless..

“Hey..” Yuri nudged her sister gently “you know Sooyoung’s daughter?”

Yoona turned to her sister still in confuse, shaking her head slightly “no..”

“Ah, Sorry..” Sooyoung said “she must mistaken Yoona for someone she knows..”

Yuri eyed her bestfriend who is smiling innocently, shifting to her sister, and Yoona really does look dazed, confused, unaware about whatever going on right now. Yuri even doubted if her sister’s soul is still in place.

 “Let’s just order first..” Sunny spoke, breaking the silence.

The waiter came and took their order as how they are all busy scrolling down the menu, while the three little kids already running around the family restaurant. Since the place is not really crowded that time, the waiter let the kids playing around, leaving all the women with their conversation, or more likely an investigation.

It’s when the waiter already left, Taeyeon spoke to the woman sitting beside her with an empty seat between “so.. Choi Sooyoung..” she called, wearing a serious expression “how come you didn’t even invite us in your wedding?”

“Yeah, how dare you..” Tiffany protested “you didn’t even tell us that you already had a child..”

“Five years, Soo.. we called you almost everyday..” Yuri dramatized “how come you didn’t even say a word about it?”

“..who told you I’m married?” Sooyoung asked back, sipping her drink, a glass of water, as she said, since she only ordered water for her little daughter, as a responsible mother, she ordered the same for her, purely for health issue, like cough or cold, even Sunny rolled her eyes on her reason, even telling her that she is worse from her overprotective wife.

“Well.. maybe from a ring in your finger..” Taeyeon probed, glancing on Sooyoung’s finger. That shining thing, it does seem expensive. Obviously not a typical ring you would buy in a side store in the mall or something out for fun.

Taeyeon’s words gets Yoona shifting her eyes from the face she is drown into, to her finger, finding the ring Taeyeon mentioned, actually breaking her more.

“It’s an engagement ring..” Sooyoung answered “I am engaged, getting married in two months..”

“What?!” and the simple question is out from almost all of the women there.

“With who?”

“It’s in two months and you just tell us now?”

“Did you even plan to tell us?”

“Yeah, if we didn’t keep bugging you to come, you wouldn’t even step back in Seoul, right?”

All kind of questions are flooding right to the tall girl, in spot, doesn’t even care if the first one haven’t been answered yet.

At last, Sooyoung giggled by Yuri’s childish question.

“Of course I do..” the tallest brunette answered.

“Then, if you’re not married yet, who is Sulli?” Yuri questioned, again.

“I told you, she is my daughter..” Sooyoung replied.

“Is she your real daughter? How old is she?”

“Yahh!!” Sooyoung yelled slightly, seems quite pissed by Yuri’s questions “how could you ask that?! I told you that she is my daughter, of course she is my daughter..” she mumbled, seems to quite sensitive to talk about her lovely daughter “what if Sulli heard you!”

Tiffany nudged her girlfriend’s side, mouthing to her girlfriend to just stop asking question before she made the brunette even more pissed, and her childish girlfriend only replied with puffing her cheeks.

“Who are you going to married with?” Taeyeon asked “you never told us..”

“You all don’t know him..” Sooyoung replied, more calm by now “I met him in Japan.. I will introduce him to all of you someday..” she grinned.

“So..” Sunny spoke “what kind of person he is?” she asked “and please, Sooyoung, stop taking glances on your daughter, she is only playing around with Sooyeon and Soojung.. they’ll be okay..” she said as seeing Sooyoung keep turning to see her little daughter.

“My fiancé?” Sooyoung smiled slightly, sighing over Sunny words after “he is kind.. a hot and handsome one..” she added, playfully moving her brows ups and downs.

While the conversation keeps on going on, there is just one woman who wishes that she is not coming there right now, that she doesn’t hear all that words.

For the moment, Yoona is wearing quite a visible frown.

 

Prang!!

All the costumer’s eyes glued right to the source of the sound.

Sooyoung who saw her sobbing daughter falling on the floor, with shattered glasses near the little girl, hurriedly stood up from her seat, almost running to her daughter.

“Yahh!! What the hell are you doing!?” Sooyoung yelled to the waiter as she carried the already crying girl into her embrace, followed by Taeyeon and Sunny behind her, as Taeyeon took both Soojung and Sooyeon back to their seat, Sunny calmed the taller girl.

“Soo-..”

“You should be careful!!”

“..yo-your daughter is ru-running around, mi-miss..” the waiter stammered, frightened by Sooyoung’s outburst “..a-and she ac-accidentally bump in-into me..”

“Sorry for that..” Sunny bowed politely “I will make sure they won’t running around anymore..” she said before dragging Sooyoung with her outside, trying to calm the angry mother with the little girl still crying on her neck, maybe just a little startled by the sudden accident.

 

Inside the room, since they took table near the glasses window, they can see what Sunny and Sooyoung are doing outside.

Sooyoung keep patting her little daughter, trying to get the little girl calm, while Sunny keeps the tall brunette accompanying somehow, just incase Sooyoung left the place or come inside for another outburst.

“Ckckckc..” Tiffany sighed, shaking her head slightly as seeing Sooyoung’s behavior before gazing to the Taeyeon “you both..” she said “are really alike..”

“What does that supposed to mean?” Taeyeon’s left brow raised.

“Do you remember about our weekly gathering last week? When your two little angels were making a mess in the family restaurant we went?” she said as meeting the angelic smile both little Sooyeon and little Soojung gives “you..” Tiffany said “were behaving exactly like what Sooyoung did just now..”

“Yah-..”

“I bet if Sooyoung didn’t join us right now, you would be the one making a fuss over that accident..” Tiffany shrugged.

“Tch..” the shorter girl scoffed “try having a child..”

 

As both figures seem drowning into their childish fight with the other girls laughing over that immature bickering, Yuri glanced at her zoned out sister, nudging her gently.

“Yoona..” Yuri called, getting the younger girl startled “are you okay?”

“..yeah..” Yoona mumbled quietly.

“Why don’t you talk to her?” Yuri asked “out of all here, you want to meet her the most..”

“..i.. don’t have anything to talk to..”

“Oh come on..” Yuri cheered “you can just ask how she is doing.. or what she does lately.. or all that question you’re dying to ask..” Yuri gave a teasing smile “..like.. do you still have feeling for me?”

“Really, unnie..” Yoona sighed “how can I ask her that when she said that she is going to get married in two months..”

“Why not?”

“Unnie..” Yoona called tiredly “she is engaged.. and she will become someone else woman in two months..”

“So what?” Yuri challenged “she said she is going to get married, right? not already married.. it means she is still not someone else woman..” Yuri added “You’ll never know if you never gave it a try, sis..”

“She has a child..”

“And?” Yuri stared at her sister “if you love her, you should accept her for whoever she is..” Yuri said “having a child doesn’t always mean she is taken.. as she said, she is just engaged, right?” Yuri added “like, I mean, look at Sunny and Taeng.. they adopted the kids.. maybe somehow Sooyoung did that too..”

“..i don’t think she adopted Sulli…” Yoona mumbled.

Yuri sighed “just give my advise a thought..” Yuri said “sis, if you give it a try, at least you can still expect a different outcome later..” Yuri added “you don’t even know if she still have feeling for you.. it would be such a pity if you let her just married when in the end it turned out that she still loves you, right?” Yuri said with a teasing smile.

“What if she comes back here for you?” Yuri teased.

“You can’t say that..” Yoona pouted “you can’t get my hope high..”

Yuri giggled, messing Yoona’s hair “I guess I should believe it when they said that people who are in love look exactly like little kids..”

“What if she doesn’t?”

“Then, if giving a try and not giving a try both are leading you to lose her.. at least in the future you wouldn’t regret your decision because you know you already fight for your heart..”

Yoona stared at her elder sister for second before she mumbled with raised brows “..really? are you teaching me bad things now? you just advised me to run on someone else fiancé..”

Yuri chuckled, ruffling her little sister’s hairs “I have three reasons for that..” she smile mischievously.

“Hmm?”

“First, I just don’t want you to regret ever giving up on someone you love before even going for a fight..” she smiled “second, she had fight for you before, even if you turned her down that time.. so, why don’t just show her this time..”

“And last..” Yuri paused “I just can trust no one, no one but Sooyoung to take care of you, Yoona..” Yuri smiled “I know Sooyoung loved you so much back then, she even cried on me when you rejected her..”

Yoona frowned by her sister’s words. She knows. Yuri had told her many times about what happened to Sooyoung when she rejected the brunette years ago.

“I won’t force you to give it a try if it burdened you, sis..” Yuri said softly, patting Yoona’s shoulder gently “just think about it, okay…”

Yoona nodded silently, fixing her eyes at the standing tall brunette outside from the glasses window.

It would be a lie if she said that her love vanished only by the surprising facts she hears just now.

It’s just something that she is afraid of..

Because it’s just too many ‘what if’s questions lingered inside her mind, but what struck most is that “what if.. what if she does.. Sooyoung does have feeling left for her?”