The Beginning

Kwang Min's Lost-And-Found Doll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The feeling of finally being free without a curse or anything is so overwhelming for Nami. She felt like a bird with no cage, a dog with no chain. It was great to feel that kind of feeling. She was really grateful and ecstatic. And Hayoung too, felt the same way as her. The next morning, she was so excited to tell her best friend about what happened.

Nami didn't know if Kwangmin was happy about it though because, as usual, she couldn't meet his eyes. And it's still because of the same reason.

"Really? That's good to hear." He said and by the sound of his voice, he looked happy. "I guess, we won't hunt for the old woman who cursed her I guess."

Hayoung gave a hearty laugh. And Nami too couldn't stop the smile from appearing on her face. "Yes, we'll no longer hunt her." His best friend told him. Still smiling, Nami went out of the room to serve the customers out there. She and Hyemi take turns in doing it. Seojin was at the cash register while Jisook was doing all the orders. It wasn't that busy today so they have time to relax and chill out.

Sungjae wasn't there though. Nami kind of wondered why. Oh well, maybe he'll be there later.

"Hyemi-ah, I'll just be in the kitchen to wash the dishes." Nami told her. Her friend nodded in response.

"Okay." Hyemi said. She then went to the kitchen and was surprised to see Kwangmin there. They almost bumped into each other but Nami stopped her heels in time. Kwangmin moved to the left to give way for her but then she moved to the same side. She then moved to the right but he did the same.

"Um..." She tucked a hair behind her ear, feeling embarrassed.

"Hm, excuse me.." Kwangmin muttered.

"Yes, um, right.." When Kwangmin moved to the left and stayed there, Nami finally made it through him. Behind her back, she could still feel his presence and she knew he was watching her. "...but I know you hate me now." She remembered his words that night which made her sleepless. What does he mean by that?

Well...there's only one way to know. She should ask him.

She whirled around but then no one was behind her. She noticed the door moving back and forth, he just left.

 

 

Days flew fast and it was Sunday. Nami was alone in the house watching television. Hayoung's mom went to the supermarket while Hayoung was hanging out with Kwangmin next door in his house. It was kind of weird because Kwangmin wasn't staying in his best friend's house today in which he usually does.

Or maybe Kwangmin was still feeling awkward whenever he's around her? That was possible.

Fortunately, Hayoung didn't notice a thing. She didn't ask her anything so she maybe she still wasn't aware of it. Which was good. The last thing she wanted to do was to tell Hayoung about it. She wasn't ready for it yet. Why, she would be very embarrassed in telling her. She's his best friend remember? And best friends don't hide secrets from each other.

She heard the door of the Jo's house banged, and Hayoung's voice followed. She didn't sound angry while talking to him but still she was curious. Automatically, Nami lowered the volume of the T.V and went towards the window from where she could see the two of them from the outside.

Hayoung was still talking but she couldn't hear what she was saying. The only thing she cared about was Kwangmin was actually holding a traveling bag in his hand. Where the heck is he going?

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Hayoung complained in her whiny voice, Nami finally heard her. This time, Nami walked away from the window and she did really went out of the house. "You should've told me way before so I wouldn't be shocked. If I didn't go to your house, then I wouldn't know you'll be heading somewhere." Hayoung continued, the same moment Nami stopped beside her.

"Where are you going, Kwangmin-ah?" Nami asked him.

He sighed. "I'm just going to spend the remaining days with my grandmother in Cheongdo before the school will start."

"I know, I understand. But why didn't you tell me?" Still Hayoung pressed on.

Smiling, Kwangmin ruffled her hair. "Don't be mad at me, okay? I'm planning to tell you but then you showed up first. Please don't be mad at me. I'll be gone for how many days. I swear I'll be b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter