The Sudden Turn

Kwang Min's Lost-And-Found Doll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another ordinary sunny Sunday and Nami's day-off today. Hayoung asked her to go to the park and have a picnic with her. Kwangmin, on the other hand, tagged along with them. Nami rode the bike together with Hayoung and Kwangmin was on his own. Since it was Sunday, the park was swarmed with lots of families wanting to spend some time together on a picnic.

"I think this place is good," Kwangmin said. He placed the blanket on the grass under the shade of a tree. Nami sat beside Hayoung on the left side while Kwangmin on the other side. Soon enough, the three of them started eating. They brought home-made tteokbokki, sandwich, and peach mango pie.

Yes. They brought a lot because Kwangmin kept on complaining that he needed more foods. The guy's a shark. He almost took all the tteokbokki only if Hayoung didn't fight with him.

"Okay. Who wants popsicle?" Hayoung asked after.

"Please, we're not kids." Kwangmin scoffed in return making his best friend flared her nose.

"Of course we're not five-year olds. What I meant is I want something cool in this kind of weather." Hayoung said. Then she looked at Nami. "Popsicle or ice cream?" She asked her.

"Um, ice cream is better." She replied.

"Then ice cream it is." Hayoung beamed as she stood. "I'll be right back." She then biked away.

She was left awkwardly with Kwangmin and no words left . So was he. They remained silent like they have an unspoken fight. She should've ignored the urge to look at him but she couldn't. She turned her head to glance at him and found him already looking at her, his eyes narrowing.

"What did I do?" She asked out of nowhere. "Please don't start a fight with me again."

He sighed. "I won't pick a fight with you." He said and she almost gasped. He actually said that in a calm voice. What the heck is wrong with him? Seriously. This guy has a problem with PMS-ing, if he has. She looked at him like he'd grown a nose on his forehead. He noticed it and he frowned at her.

Instead of feeling embarrassed, she smiled at him. She felt him stiffened for a bit, which she didn't know why. Then he cleared his throat. She cleared hers awkwardly too. "Um, can I ask you something, Kwangmin-ah?"

"What is it?" He asked in his unusual tone. She wasn't used to this side of him because he's always snapping when he's with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter