Coffee Break

A Friend in the Mirror

"So it's true. I thought those rumors were just bull but it's true. Sunbae really died, huh?"

"Well, I also didn't believe rumors saying you can see ghost."

"Wait a minute. You guys know each other?", Seolhyun shouted, looked back and forth from Kai beside her to Hyejeong.

"She practically couldn't stand on her own feet without me until she moved to Daegu."

"Yeah. Kai sunbae and I was neighbor. He was also my mentor although practically I'm older than him. Because he is early 94-er so he is considered as 93 liner too."

"Noona! Seolhyun noona, where are you?"

Seolhyun looked at her back and spotted Zelo at top of stairs and looked surprise. He casually strolled downstairs and took a seat beside Seolhyun. He tilted his head at Hyejeong and pouted.

"Sorry for interrupting your little meeting, but who are you? I've never seen you before."

His question made him got a slap on his back from Seolhyun. She glared and told him to apologize silently.

"Haha... It's okay, Seolhyun-sshi. Your brother is so cute."

"He's not my brother. Zelo, apologize quickly."

"Sorry.", he mumbled and bowed but his lips still formed a pout.

"No no. Don't apologize. It's cute anyway. I'm Shin Hyejeong. I've just moved to next door and going to attend KAIST."

"Nice to meet you, noona. I live on the other side of this house."

"Really? I should visit you sometimes."

"Sure. Oh! Almost forget. Seolhyun noona, let's get your daily dose."

Seolhyun glanced at clock and nodded.

"Okay. Thank you for reminding me, Junhong-ah. Just wait for me outside, okay? I'll go grab my things first."

Seolhyun watched Zelo until he exited before turn her attention to Kai and Hyejeong again.

"Sorry Hyejeong-sshi. I need to go now. Let's continue our chat later. Or do you want to have a little chat with Kai?"

"It's a pleasure. If he doesn't mind of course."

"Well I don't mind actually. But I'm your guardian, remember?"

"I do. So?"

"I need to stay by your side."

"Come on Kai. I won't harm myself. Besides, there is Zelo looking out for me. Sometimes he nags and more protective than you. Just take a rest time and talk to Hyejeong-sshi, okay?"

Kai looked contemplated but finally nodded slightly.

"I'll leave Kai for you then, Hyejeong-sshi. Please take care of my guardian. I'm going now. Bye.", she waved and left.

"MY guardian, huh?" Hyejeong thought and smirked.

"So shall we go to my house and talk?"

Kai rolled his eyes and just floated following Hyejeong to next door. But he still glanced at her back where Seolhyun disappeared with Zelo at the corner of street.

"Seolhyun-ah.", he mumbled and sighed.

 


 

Seolhyun looked up from his double espresso, only caught Zelo staring at her intensely with narrowed-eyes.

"What?"

"Noona, you're strange.", he said flatly and rested his head on his palm.

"Strange?"

"Yeah. You've changed. A lot if I may add."

"Really?", she shrugged and sipped her coffee again.

"See? You've changed!"

"Care to explain what you said?"

Zelo gasped and grabbed her shoulder. He looked right at Seolhyun's dark orbs as if he looked at her soul.

"Who are you and what have you done to my Seolhyun noona?"

His silly question got a whack and flick on his forehead. Zelo hissed and sat back, rubbing his ache forehead.

"Are you crazy or what?", she said coldly and sliced her chocolate brownie rather harshly.

"Finally my Seolhyun noona is back.", Zelo muttered and drank his hot chocolate again.

"What did you say?"

"Aniya. I just talked to myself."

Seolhyun looked at him weirdly but Zelo only grinned forcefully. His forehead still burned like hell.

"Junhong-ah, what do you mean with 'I've changed a lot'.", she asked calmly.

"Hmm... Let's see. You smile more now.", Zelo answered after had rested his head on his palm again.

"Is that a good thing?"

"Not only that. It's just... You're not Seolhyun noona that I know anymore.", he pouted.

"So? You always say that I'm cold. Is that a good thing that I change and smile more now?"

"No. I don't like it. I want my noona back."

To be honest, he really likes this Seolhyun who is so cheerful now. But, because he is the magnae of his family, he doesn't like sharing his posession. Especially his neighbor-slash-noona-slash-crush. He accidently heard his classmates talking about Seolhyun. Praised her new behavior towards her junior and said that maybe they had tiny crush to her. It took all his might to not barge into their conversation and said that Seolhyun is his.

Seolhyun smiled and ruffled his hair lovingly.

"It's just your feeling, Junhong-ah. I'm still your noona, Kim Seolhyun. Don't worry, ne?"

He pouted but nodded anyway.

"Noona, you don't like a certain someone, right?"

Seolhyun almost spitted her coffee and choked.

"What the hell, Junhong-ah?", she shouted angrily and hit her chest to calm her breath down.

Zelo grinned sheepishly. Well he knew that was a stupid question but he couldn't help it. There is a saying that you will change if you like someone. And he was curious as hell, knowing what's the motive behind her changing attitude.

"What kind of question is that? Are you trying to make me die by choked with my own coffee?"

"It's not like that noona. I'm just curious."

"Of course not! Have you ever seen me with boy just alone except you? So who do you expect me to like?"

"Me maybe?"

Although

 Zelo sounded just joking around, deep inside he couldn't help but expected her answer. Seolhyun laughed and ruffled his hair playfully.

"Of course no. You're too good for me, Junhong-ah."

Zelo kept smiling although his heart clenched a bit when he heard her answer.

"Do you think that I'll like noona back?", he stuck out his tongue.

Seolhyun's laugh also made Zelo smiled. It had been long time since he heard her cheerful laugh.

"Finally my old Seolhyun noona is back.", he thought and smiled.

"Come on, Junhong-ah. I have to start struggling with my study for tomorrow. Let's go."

"Ne noona."

 


 

Author note: Sorry for my late update T__T School is really killing me now with exams and assignments. Although I keep writing during my recess time, I don't have enough time to type this. But I hope you enjoy this update. ^^ Give me lots of comments please ^^ And you can also check my drabble here. Please give lots of love to my drabble and  A Friend in the Mirror <3