Warm

A Friend in the Mirror

"Noona wake up! Noona come on! Rise and shine!"
Seolhyun groaned and only buried her body deeper into her thick, pure white comforter. Zelo, as stubborn as usual, kept shaking the bundle where Seolhyun nestled in while simultaneously bounced by her side which literally made her entire bones rattled from the impact.
"Yah!!!"
She finally shouted and tossed her blanket. Her angry glare did nothing to Zelo's wide mischievous grin. He wore his already tight, worn-out santa clause outfit accompanied with fake white beard. Seolhyun recognized Zelo's old baby blanket was made into santa clause gift bag. She could see bundles of paper was stuffed inside it until it looked so puffed.
"It's still extremely early in the morning."
She grumbled yet still accepted Zelo's lanky figure who dove in by her side, opened his arms wide for a morning hug. Seolhyun enveloped him with tight embrace without opening her eyes and tried to fly back to dreamland. Little did she know, pretty faint of pink started creeping the boy's face whose heartbeat also increased. Also another boy silently watched them by window sill with strange lurch in his stomach.
"Noona."
"Hm?"
"Sleep?"
"Trying."
"Then don't", he poked her ribs. "Come on, it's christmas!!! Mom invites noona for chistmas feast and party. Minho hyung also came from Birmingham!"
"He's back?! When??"
Seolhyun's eyes quickly shot open and removed her blanket in swift motion, almost threw Zelo in process. Sleepiness evaporated from her eyes and was exchanged with gleaming twinkles.
"Dawn. I swear hyung slipped in like a thief. Is Junmyeon hyung also coming?"
"No idea. He hasn't..."
Loud rings from her phone interrupted their talk and she snatched the ringing device. Her eyes widened open when the screen displayed his photo with his older brother above the contact name.
"Hello? Oppa where are you? Incheon airport? Do you need me to fetch you?", she bombarded him excitedly.
"That's... Umm... Actually I want to tell you that I can't make it home for this holiday also."
"But this is christmas. You promised that you'll back on christmas day when you couldn't make it on summer break.", she whined and pouted.
"I know. I'm really sorry Seolhyun-ah. But these assignment can't be left here."
"This is not the first time you break your promise. You know how much I hate that kind of person who never keep his promise, don't you?", she said flatly.
Zelo quickly raised his guard upon the changing tone of Seolhyun. He scooted closer when latter changed her face into her cold, expressionless one.
"I'm extremely sorry, Seol. This is also so sudden and..."
"Do whatever you want and never comeback if you don't want to. I'm hanging up."
She locked her phone screen and threw it carelessly, almost hitting her neighbor's face if he hadn't caught it in advance. Zelo put his hand on her trembling shoulder but she quickly slipped out of his grasp and backfaced him. She took a deep breath.
"Get out.", she coldly said.
"But..."
"I'll come later. Don't worry."
Seolhyun sighed loudly when her hand clicked bathroom door closed. Mirror in front of her reflected her hollow eyes and tears that threatened to fall down. Soon, another face was reflected by her side and she felt cold hand engulfed her in a tight backhug.
"Don't cry."
"I'm not."
"You are."
"Leave me alone."
"No can't do princess."
"He broke his promise. Not once nor twice. He hasn't come back for years. Does he hate me? What did I do wrong?"
Her tone was flat, as if questioning and talked to herself. Yet stream of tears couldn't stop flowing. Slowly, Kai became warmer behind her and without words, she turned back then buried her face on his chest.
Warm. He could also feel the warmness that radiated from the girl in his embrace. But this is the different one. The warmth came from inside himself. Not the burning one. But a pleasant one that release a small smile on his smile.
His hand was raised and the silky long hair slowly. Small sobs started filling the bathroom. Kai never stopped whispering soft calming words.
"Stop crying, hm?"
Kai cupped her face and tilted it upward until both eyes met each other. Either time stopped or their bodies suddenly froze, both were having intense staring battle silently. Seolhyun was the one who tore their eye contact.
Strange. Why was she suddenly feel so nervous? Her heart started picking up its pace and she could feel her cheeks burn with fluster.
"I-I'm okay now.", she pulled back and suddenly her toes looked more interesting than everything.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. I want to prepare yourself for neighbor's party so please spare my privacy and get out.", she mumbled so fast.
"Umm.. Okay. I'll leave now."
Once Kai had gone from her view, she faced mirror again and put her palm in front of her chest, feeling the erratic heartbeat, then palmed her still red face. Her eyebrows crooked in deep frown.
"What was that?"

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I finally finish my high school and still have tons of time to update my neglected baby. I actually have another story that will have SeolhyunxZelo as the main pairing but I think it will come later after I finish this. And I will try my very best to portray the tension that start brewing between our main characters here hohoho... To make it up for my long absence, I will brief you a bit about how Seolhyun and Zelo room looked like.

 

 

The first pic is front look of Seolhyun house (the white one) and the wood coloured one is belong to Choi family. And other picture is back view of her house. The white circle is where Seolhyun's room located which has a balcony that faces Zelo's room. And if you question why her house is so big, for your information, her father is one of the directors of imported car company. While head of Choi house also has upper position in big hotel. The neighbourhood itself contains of rich people so these kind of houses are considered normal there.

 

 

Seolhyun's room is dominated with pure white colour with a touch of black and grey here and there so it looks luxurious and match her 'elegant lady' title. But in the same time, it looks so empty with lack of ornaments. Due to her violent side that appear whenever she's emotional, glasses and easy breakable items are kinda restricted here. To add the luxurious feel, a white fur carpet is also added. And the mirrors that she just installed recently so she can take a look better at Kai looked around like that. They attached to the wall so will not fall down even if Seolhyun had rage fit and threw her pillows everywhere. Her room has 2 windows that face different side. One face east while another face Zelo's bedroom which also serves a way to his room that she often visit whenever she wants an escape at night.

 

 

Unlike her bedroom, her bathroom has warmer color such as chocolate and beige. And since she also often relieve her stress here by relaxing, she puts more effort in decorating this space. Few glass ornaments also displayed here since this is her other sanctuary so she never throws anything here.

 

 

Now let's move to Zelo's room, shall we? His room is noticably far smaller than Seolhyun's but he likes it this way because he doesn't like something complicated. And since this is his private space, instead of something luxurious that doesn't match his behaviour at all, he choose this funky and comfortable design with electric blue light. Unlike Seolhyun's room that is quite empty, Zelo's room is filled with lots of colourful things just like abstract painting but still match each other. Even the room itself gives picture of how the owner is like. Naughty, mischievous, childish yet cool.

 

 

 

That's all for today's update. Tell me if you like it. Comments are always accepted down there and I read it one by one. I love you all