Identity

A Friend in the Mirror

She sighed and opened rooftop door with slightly trembling hands. Rooftop was empty as usual so she took her usual position and hugged her knee. Waited for his stalker to show up.

"Nice to know that you don't need that much time to prepare yourself."

She jumped from the hard concreat floor and looked around. But still there was no shadow nor face that she had seen from days before.

"W-where are you?"

"You can't see me now. You can only hear my voice."

"Yah! Don't kid around. I could see you at that time. How can I only hear your voice now?"

"It depends on your situation. You were down at that time so you could see me."

"What kind of bull are you talking about? I don't understand at all."

She felt like a foolish insane girl. Shouted alone at rooftop without any sight of other person.

"It's a very long story. It will take quite a lot of time to explain these kind of stuffs."

Seolhyun narrowed her eyes and calmed down her rapid breath.

"Then what are you?"

"What am I, huh?", he chuckled. "What do you think I am?"

Seolhyun furrowed her eyebrows. Doesn't really like the way that guy said as if he looked down at her.

"Do you think I'll ask if I've already know what you are?"

"Just answer me, girl.", his voice sounded demanding now.

"Well... I won;t say ghost because I believe that ghost is not exist. So... A spirit?"

"Still-wandering-around spirit to be exact. Now, since you summoned me, my status is as your guardian now."

She could only jawdrop at what he said. Since when did she ask to be guarded?

"I summoned you? I summoned you, you said? I don't even know you! How can I summon you?"

"You really did. Every wandering spirit has his/her own symbol. If a living human draw that symbol with blood, the owner of the symbol will be summoned and has to do his/her unfinished business with help of the summoner. Hurricane like circle inside a triangle. That's my symbol which you drew with your own blood."

Thick silence filled rooftop and only sound of breeze that could be heard.

"So you're..."

"Nice to meet you, Seolhyun-sshi. I'm Kai. The old owner of locker that you use now. Also the owner and author of those black notebooks."

 


 

Seolhyun looked at her reflection inside her bathroom. Blank and confused. Those 2 words expressed her mind exactly.

She splashed her face for thousand times today but her brain still fuzzy. She only sighed when she looked that boy in the mirror. had been strained too much because of her screams recently.

"What again?"

"I'm your guardian, remember?"

"But do I need to be guarded until my bathroom? Do you think a serial kill will jump from behind that curtain?"

She pointed furiously at her bathroom curtain and pouted. She started to doubt if the guy in the mirror is indeed her guardian or just a ert spirit.

As if he knew what's on her mind, he only let out a small laugh which made Seolhyun stomped her feet and went back to her bedroom.

"That annoying and silly guardian. This is a living hell already and now I will have a certain spirit to follow me around everytime and everywhere I go. Such a wonderful life. Hell, I'm just a simple girl that need a peace. Not a guardian!", she grumbled.

"Hey, I can hear that."

"Who told you to? Can I get my privacy here? You're a boy and I'm a girl. A boy shouldn't enter a girl's room without permission. It's called privacy invasion, you ert spirit."

"What about that boy? I saw he entered your room as if it's his and you acted nothing like a ."

"Excuse me, mister. This is MY room and I have full authority about which person I can and can't let into my room. And you, unfortunately, are on the list of person that CAN'T enter my room. So... GET OUT!!!!!"

"Can you stop acting as if you had your period or mood swing?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Because I'm your guardian."

"And if every guardian was like you, then how annoying an evil is???!!!!"

She stormed out of her room, leaving Kai laughed out loud by himself, then following Seolhyun around again.

 


 

 

Author's note: Kai made his official appearance now ^^ I almost forgot to update this fic because I'm making a new one for a competition. Hehe... It's short right? But I hope you still enjoy this and give lots of comment. Sooooo... Since my mid term test has finished (although I didn't even open my book at all LOL), I'm such in a good mood now ^^ Should I update again tomorrow? :B

 

Bye for now ^&^ Here's hottie dancing machine for you