Avoiding

A Friend in the Mirror

"Siwon hyung, do you know Junmyeon hyung phone number?"

Zelo asked his older brother full of expectation. Siwon looked up from his breakfast and cocked his thick eyebrow.

"Junmyeon? I don't. But I think Minho has his number since they're same aged. Why?"

"Just curious. I haven't seen Seolhyun noona recently at school. She didn't pick his phone nor answer my messages."

"Why do you bother with phone? Usually you'll just jump to her balcony."

"She closed her curtain and i didn't see any light at night."

"Then what's relation between Junmyeon phone number and Seolhyun's disappearance?"

"Well maybe he knows something about this."

"Ok. I'll message Minho to send you his contact number, ok? Now, finish your breakfast and go to school."

"Ne hyung."

 


 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Junmyeon hyung, this is me. Junhongie."

"Oh Junhong-ah. What's up?"

"Hyung, I'm worry about Seolhyun noona."

"Seolhyun? Wae? Well to be honest I kinda worry too. She called me 3 days ago and she sounded so... Desperate, I think? I don't know too. Hell she ranted so fast in French and I didn't even understand a bit."

"So hyung also don't know what happened with Seolhyun noona?"

"Sorry Junhong. But shouldn't you know her better? You both looked like love birds anyway."

He only coughed a bit when a blush started creeping at his cheeks.

"I don't have any idea too."

"Oh! Sorry Junhong-ah. I have to go now. Take care of my Seolhyun, ne?"

"Arasseo hyung."

Zelo huffed in annoyance. Didn't see his noona for 3 days straight really got on his nerves. He tried calling her phone again but the result was still the same. Connected but there was no answer. 

"Seriously what's wrong with her?", he grumbled and made his way back home.

 


 

"Excuse me. Is Seolhyun noona at home now?"

"Ne. Little lady Kim is in her room.", the head butler bowed.

"Ok. I'll go to her room."

"Junhong-sshi, please take care of little lady.  She hasn't out from her room since 3 days ago."

"What??!! Eat.. What about her food? Has she eaten anything?"

"No. She rejected every food and said that she wasn't hungry."

".", he muttered and ran as fast as his long limbs could take him and only greeted by locked door.

His hand twisted door knob but only got nothing in return. His rapid knock and several shouts here and there also got silence as reply.

"Where's the spare key?"

Kim household butler rummaged through his back pocket and took out a small key with 'little lady' label attached to it. Without wasting any time, Zelo snatched it and opened the door with loud bang.

"Seolhyun noona!"

Heard her name being called. Seolhyun pulled out of her trance and scrambled back to her bed post with wide and terrified eyes. Her thin body got embraced by Zelo tightly.

"W-what?"

Her voice was raspy, hoarse and more like a whisper than her normal calm and cold voice. 3 days she hadn't moved nor talk made all of her part of body suddenly grew tired. With fog clouded her vision and brain, she felt dizzy. Zelo's shouting was the last thing she heard before collapsed.

 


 

White. Everything was white. She can't even see the end of that bright room.

"Hello?"

Silence replied her and she shuddered. She didn't even know where she was.

She squinted her eyes when a tiny dot appeared far in front of her. That small dot turned bigger and formed a shape of human. A boy to be exact.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Why did the boy whom she had avoided so much was there? She backed away but that boy kept walking to her silently.

"Who the hell are you? Stop following me around, you crazy maniac!"

"I need to talk to you. Please stop avoiding me. I won't harm you."

She tried to calm down although her heart still beating fast. With her still-trembling-legs, she finally nodded.

"W-what do you want from me?"

"We can't talk about it here. Besides, it's time for you to wake up now. We'll talk later. Remember, don't scream your lungs out again, okay? I'll wait for you at rooftop if you have prepared yourself enough."

"Huh?"

That boy smiled and her body felt lighter. She opened her eyes in surprise. Zelo's blank face was the first thing she saw. She took a deep breath and held her throbbing head.

"Noona, you're awake!", he shouted and embrace her again.

"What happened?"

"What 'what happened'? You collapsed after hadn't eaten anything for 3 days straight! I even found it interesting that you still alived when I found you. I really don't understand what's on your mind starving yourself like a poor beggar that can't afford food. Another experiment about your new extreme diet?"

She only blinked at Zelo, receiving his anger. Well she knew what she had done was wrong and she deserved all of these scolding.

"Don't scare me again like that. I thought noona went to countryside and hung yourself somewhere unknown."

A small smile tugged to her lips and she patted Zelo's blonde lock lovingly. She giggled when Zelo pouted, doesn't like being threatened like a child. She suddenly remembered her encounter with that creature who had haunted her before.

"Zelo, can we go home now?"

"No. you have to stay for a night. Your condition need to be checked every 4 hours."

"But..."

"No buts and that's final, noona. I maybe younger than you but at least I'm still smarter than you."

Felt too tired to argue, she just smiled and ruffled Zelo's hair. She huffed and looked at ceiling. She still didn't get what her stalker had said.

"Noona, why did you lock yourself? Do you have problem? Is something bothering you?"

"Ne? Aniya. I just deep in thought about something. That's all."

"And what's that 'something' until you forgot eating and going to school? Babo noona."

To be honest, she was busy avoiding her stalker. After she had e home that time, she kept seeing him inside mirror. Only when she passed the mirror, she could see him. And since her mansion has mirror almost in every corner, she locked herself in the onlt safe place, her bedroom. She felt scared. She thought that maybe she's not sane anymore since she kept seeing things.

"I just worried about my exam result."

"Don't lie to me noona. You're not a type of person who worry too much about petty things like exam."

"I just did. Now go home. It's late already. And I need to get my rest."

"No. I won't let you out of my sight again."

She sighed and tried to close her eyes. Arguing with Zelo will only drain her energy. And she's still so tired.

'He said that he needs to talk to me. What does he want to talk about? Do I ever know him? No. I'm sure he is a stranger. But is he really a ghost? Nah I don't wanna think about it now. I'll just talk to him later.", she thought to herself and drifted off to her dreamland.

 


 

Author note: Sorry for my late reply. I'm having my mid-term test now and I'm so depressed until all of my body ache. But still I hope you still like this update. Please comment and subscribe A Friend in the Mirror. 

And AOA will have their comeback soon ^o^

 

 

Isn't she so beautiful ^^

And author is signing off