Special Chapter

A Friend in the Mirror

Since today is Valentine Day, I got a feeling that I need to do something lovely for my readers. No... Not a new chapter. That's too big for a Valentine present. Although I'm not bad, I'm also not that good LOL

So today, I'll reveal or write more about A Friend in the Mirror cast' background. Some of them are already revealed on previous chapters (mostly Seolhyun's) but there're still more to be revealed especially Kai. I will also write about how ghost related things work in this story. I decided to write this special chapter because I re-read my story again and I think there're parts that quite confusing so I will explain as much as I can do. If you still confused, do comments below and I'll answer it.

 

Kim Seolhyun (Sophomore at West Wing Academy, 16 years old)

The only daughter and last child of Kim family. Coming from wealthy family and had 2 loving brothers, she once had had happy life but she changed after her eldest brother died in front of her on her birthday. Not good at interacting with people due to trauma being a bully victim when she was elementary grader. Her relationship with her father worsened after her brother had gone abroad so she had to be 'the perfect daughter'. Befriended with Zelo since he was born and thought of him as younger brother. Accidently summoned a ghost (Kai) at school rooftop on her attempt of suicide. Liked dancing, cooking, music, fencing, ballet and motor racing. Entered racing world since she was 14 and managed buying her own motorcycle after 1 year continuous winning. Got her title as The Silent Killer, Seoul legendary racer. At school, she was well known as School Gold Phoenix.

 

Kai Kim (died when he was a sophomore)

Ghost that was accidently summoned by Seolhyun. His mom was Japanese and his father was Korean then remarried again with a Korean after his mom died of lung cancer. Had a brother that 2 years younger from his father' second marriage. Originally same aged with Hyejeong but skipped 1 year so he was a senior to Hyejeong and counted as 2 years older than Seolhyun based on grade. Also silently burdened because he was the heir of his family. Neighbor and friend of Hyejeong before she moved. Once involved in car-racing and liked dancing. Still confused about his feeling to Seolhyun and his mission was still unknown (will be revealed later)

 

Choi Junhong (freshman at West Wing Academy, 15 years old)

More well known as Zelo. Chose that name because Seolhyun loved cooking and called him Jello back when they were still kids, Last son from Choi family. Had 2 older brothers namely Choi Siwon, the heir of Choi family, and Choi Minho, a national high jump athlete. Despite his successful brothers, he didn't feel burdened at all. Instead, he lived recklessly because he was spoiled and showered with love especially by Seolhyun. Seolhyun and his brothers always willing to stand for him. But he still knew his limit and responsible. Realized his feeling to Seolhyun wasn't in term of brother-sister when he was 14. Addicted to Seolhyun' homemade lunch box, liked cuddling and doing skinship with Seolhyun. Never liked idea of someone liked his noona and didn't like any type of sharing except with Seolhyun. Liked rapping, dancing, playing games and skateboarding.

 

Shin Hyejeong (Freshman at KAIST University, 19 years old)

New neighbor of Seolhyun and old friend of Kai. Once neigboured with Kai and she moved to Daegu when she was 13. Could see ghosts because her ancestor line of paranormal. Had a boyfriend called Kim Minjoon that could also see ghosts and currently still stayed at Daegu. Was a model before returned back to Seoul to pursue her study. Had had a relationship with Suga for half a year before she decided to break up. Wanted to help Kai with his mission but he never told her. Played role as cupid for Seolhyun and Kai.

 

Park Jimin (Freshman at West Wing Academy, 16 years old)

Seolhyun's junior and mentee from physic division of school olympiad team. Snatched silver medal on his first science olympiad. Had big crush on Seolhyun. Worked part time at cafe near Seolhyun's house and often baked sweets for her. Sometimes he still stole glances at Seolhyun when she didn't notice although Seolhyun had rejected his feeling.

 

Kim Minseok (died when he was 13)

Seolhyun's eldest brother. Originally Kim family's heir. Liked playing soccer and spoiling Seolhyun back when he was alive. Died on Seolhyun's birthday when a drunk truck driver hit him.

 

Kim Junmyeon (20 years old university student)

Seolhyun's second brother. Now Kim family's heir. Knew about Seolhyun's pain but decided to keep silent and only watched her from far away. Became slightly cold when his mother died but still cared a lot about Seolhyun. Befriended with Choi Minho because they were same aged. Currently took his degree at Harvard University majored in business. Once a model student and 4 years apart with Seolhyun.

 

Kim Taehyung (Sophomore at West Wing Academy, 17 years old)

Seolhyun's biggest rival from physic division of school olympiad team. Hated Seolhyun to the bone because she could win over him since junior high. Had big ambition to take Seolhyun's title as School Gold Phoenix.

 

Jung Soojungg

Seolhyun though of her as friend but Soojung actually really hated Seolhyun because Seolhyun kept getting attention from teacher. Her hate remarks saying that Seolhyun wouldn't be able to get friends forever were attached to Seolhyun so she gained trauma and believe-crisis over people.

 

Min Yoongi (19 years old)

More well known as Sweet Ruler of Daegu's Street, Min Suga, the unbeatable racer from Daegu. Had had a relationship with Hyejeong. Up against Seolhyun on a race. Result will be revealed later.

 

Kim Seokjin (21 years old)

Biggest underground racer dealer in Seoul with 'Jin' as his alias. The dealer and teacher of Seolhyun in racing. Seolhyun met and begged him to teach her how to race when she was still 14. Lent his motorbike then recommended which motorbike to buy when she had had enough money to manage her own. Seokjin also kept Seolhyun's motorbike and attires because she had no place to keep them and Zelo forbid her racing.

 

Ghost World

  • Ghost is a spirit with unfinished mission. Usually a ghost was died because of suicide or sudden accident.
  • When a dead person became a ghost, he/she will have to choose a certain symbol that attached to him/her the most when he/she still alived.
  • A ghost can be summoned by drawing his/her chosen symbol with blood.
  • Ghost that had been summoned had to finish his/her unfinished mission with help of summoner. If he/she couldn't finish his/her mission within 1 year, then that spirit will be banned from "heaven" or "hell" (according to how they behave when alive and what mission that he/she had to finish) and would stay as wandering spirit on earth forever.
  • Summoner can only see ghost through mirror in daily basis but can hear voice.
  • Angry meter = 0 means summoner can't see ghost except through mirror.
  • Angry meter = 1 means summoner can see ghost but very unclear like blur hologram.
  • Angry meter = 2 means ghost start appearing clearer and start feeling cold touches.
  • Higher level of angry meter means ghost appears more like human (clear and solid with warm touches just like normal human)
  • A ghost can fly/float but it drains energy fast. Flying and floating for ghost are in same term of running for human.
  • If ghost' energy is drained completely, summoner can't hear ghost' voice anymore.
  • Ghost can't sleep but recharge energy when summoner sleeps.
  • Ghost usually knows who can help for his/her mission and somehow the ghost will be summoned not long after summoner is found.
  • Ghost can't harm or affect other people unless he/she is very angry
  • Ghost can see aura color. Aura color shows someone' mood. Brighter color means happier mood vice versa. The brightest color is white and the darkest is black. White means extreme happiness and black means extreme sadness/anger but no one ever touch these level. Usually the highest level a person can only achieve are bright yellow (very happy) and dark grey (very sad/angry). The only exception color is red because red doesn't express mood/emotion but expresses love.
  • Ghost is actually transparent but they can feel things.

More about ghost world will be revealed slowly in the future.

 


 

Okay that's all. I won't update until 2 weeks later maybe. Anyone wants to wish me luck for my SM Global Audition next friday? Kkk.. I'm so nervous. Thank you for reading A Friend in the Mirror. Do comments and reviews below, okay? I love you all <3