Date

A Friend in the Mirror

"Tada.... It's so cute, right?"

Seolhyun only rolled her eyes as her answer. Zelo pouted then put back lion headband that he had put on before. He took out a rabbit headband and let it sit on Seolhyun's hair.

"Awww... So pretty."

"I don't like it.", she commented coldly.

"But I like it and now you have to wear it. I insist!", Zelo quickly added when Seolhyun opened to retort back.

Seolhyun huffed at her reflection on mirror. Her fingers kept poking the additional ears that attached on her head now. Zelo grinned from afar and lined to pay.

"I looked so stupid.", Seolhyun mumbled.

"Don't take it off. You looked cute."

Kai suddenly said and stood beside her. Seolhyun raised one of her eyebrow then pouted in displeasure.

"This is stupid."

"You can only do this kind of thing on a date. Just enjoy it, Seolhyun-ah."

Seolhyun blew her bang in annoyance while Kai only laughed at her. He ruffled her hair although she couldn't feel anything.

"You're pretty like that. Don't take it off."

"Arasseo.", she sulked but still accomplied.

"Where's Hyejeong eonnie?"

"Buying food. Since I can't eat, obviously, I'm just wandering around then accidentally I'm here now."

"Somehow I don't think this is an accident. Don't tell me you're following me around since the very start."

"No! Of course no. I saw you enter this shop so I simply followed you."

"Unbelievable."

"Noona, who are you talking to?"

"Huh? Oh, I just talked to myself. Praising my silly headband."

Both Zelo and Kai frowned at her words. Their hand played with each of her attached ears.

"You're cute.", both of them chorused identically.

"Am not."

"You are."

"Whatever."


 

A little bit earlier...

Hyejeong slurped her hot chocolate with ears plugged by earphone and stared at Kai who looked soulless and blank. An I-know-that-expression smile tugged on her lips.

"Despite your cheerie attitude everytime you're with Seolhyun, I feel offended as you always looked freaking solemn everytime you're with me."

"Can't help it. Something just doesn't feel right.", Kai sighed, still looked as blank as ever.

"You like her. No. You love her, don't you?"

Kai looked at Hyejeong with puzzle expression. He raised one of his eyebrows and looked outside blankly again.

"Crazy."

"I'm being serious here, Kai. Trust me. I can see your expression unlike other people. I saw your expression when Suga kissed her. I witnessed how you reacted everytime Seolhyun said she wanted to have private time without you, or whenever she's too close with Junhong."

"I'm just worried."

"Your worry is way too much. I don't even understand why you introduced yourself as her guardian angel, which all we know are big bull. It's not your job."

"I made a mistake that I regret a lot now. If I didn't guard her, she would probably make the same mistake as I did. I don't want people feel the way I feel now and drown in regret like me."

"I understand your kind attitude, but you still have to think the main purpose why you're given the second chance."

"I'm still aware of that. She's just different. From the very start she took my notebook, I know she's different and I have sudden pull to protect her no matter what."

"I'm not saying that now. Your job, Kai. Your real mission. That's the most important now. Your time is limited."

"I know."

"How long?"

"Around 7 months left."

"7 months? That fast? You know your risk if you ran out of time, don't you? And I bet Seolhyun still has no idea about what she should do."

"She doesn't know at all."

"And why haven't you told her?"

"Because if I did, she would do my mission as fast as she could then I had to leave when it had finished."

"But..."

"No buts. You have to go to your own place. This is not your world. If you didn't tell her, at least let me know so I can do it."

"Thank you, but no. I'll tell her later. I just need more time."

"Sorry. I just don't want you to be forever in regret and stuck in between worlds."

Kai cracked a small smile. He knew Hyejeong worried about his condition but he couldn't help it. He couldn't leave Seolhyun now.

"So, back to our first topic. You do like Seolhyun, don't you? Don't deny because I can see your expression whenever you look her. If your heart could beat, it would beat faster for sure."

Kai propped his head on his hand. Hyejeong tilted her head at his confused expression.

"I don't even know, to be honest. I was too busy studying back when I was still alive and I didn't mind loving someone. So I'm unfamiliar with this feeling."

"But you do feel something for her, am I right or am I right?"

Hyejeong bowed her head to customers who were startled at her sudden outburst. She slumped back to her seat and took a sip of her long-forgotten drink.

"It's just... Well... I told you I don't know.", Kai shouted in depression.

"Let me help. Do you want to smile everytime she smiles?"

"Just when her smile is directed to me."

"Ooo... Possessive, aren't you? Anyway, just tell me what you think about her."

"What do you want to know?", he scratched his nape awkwardly.

"Anything."

"It's just... I just want her to be happy and safe 24/7. I just want her to smile and always by my side. Everytime she smiles, there's this strange warm feeling inside me. I just want to keep her all by myself."

"Awww... What a possessive and cute boy.", she giggled which earned sharp glare from Kai.

"I saw your expression anyway. When Suga kissed her, I swear that was the very first time I saw you that angry. I mean, besides spirits who are thirsty for revenge and murder, you're the first spirit who had that kind of expression. Is your mission murdering someone, boy?"

"Obviously no."

"You were jealous, right?"

"I told you I don't know this kind of feeling well, stupid."

"Hey, I'm trying to figure out your problem here. And respect me since I'm older than you."

"But I graduate faster than you."

"Screw your brain."

"Thank you for the compliment, dear."

Hyejeong mouthed curse under her breath then attacked her now-cold apple pie. She tapped her plate with fork and frowned.

"What about Seolhyun? Do you think she likes you back?"

"Not sure. She hasn't shown any red aura until now. Her brightest one was sunset like orange. Not even yellow one. She's never that happy."

"She is weird."

"She is special.", Kai quickly corrected.

"Yeah, go defend your girl, you lover boy.", Hyejeong rolled her eyes.

"Says the one who keeps ranting that she misses her Minjoon oppa."

"Oh shut up!!!"


 

 

 

 

 

A/n: Surprise? You can curse me with every languages that you know. I know I'm being such an irresponsible author. But to anyone who still wait for almost half a year, I bow in gratefulness. I didn't even read some of my subscriber's messages and I just saw it a few days ago which made me back to my sense. I don't abandon my baby (well maybe a little bit) but I'm in my last year of high school, and preparing for exams then college preparations is extremely hectic. I even have to stop my dancing for a while because I barely have any time to study all of my exams. So I hope you understand a little bit for lacking update of A Friend in the Mirror.

And I have a really pretty poster now. Thanks to one of my amazing subscriber who kindly gifted me this poster. Xoxojean, I love you <3

From now on, I'll try to focus on portraying their growing feeling between Seolhyun, Kai and Zelo. And there will also a new helper for Kai later. Wish all the best for me to keep updating this.

Please kindly leave your traces below by commenting. I love comments. Tell me what you think about this chapter and I really appreciate all of your thoughts. Thank you. I love you all ^^ p.s: Anyone up for another update this week?