Meeting

A Friend in the Mirror

Seolhyun glanced back again to confirm there was no one followed her. Once she confirmed hat she was alone, she climbed pairs of stairs beside secluded laboratory area which will lead her to rooftop. Soft breeze greeted her when she opened the supposedly-locked door. Of course there was nobody there. Rooftop door is locked for unknown reason. And she really doesn't understand why a calming place like rooftop is closed.

Rumor which spread like wildfire among students says that there is a ghost who was once student there, suicided at rooftop and his spirit haunted fifth corridor which was his favorite place and rooftop where he ended his life. That's why no one ever dare to ho to fifth corridor. Well, there's no reason o go there too since fifth corridor only consists of the not-so-popular astronomy club's laboratory. And their members also prefer auditorium with projector anyway.

But a secluded are is a precious space for Kim Seolhyun. Place where she can curse at everyone with every language that she knows. Place where she can spill tears and be a-normal-teenage-girl Kim Seolhyun. Not that oh-so-perfect-princess Kim Seolhyun. And to add it to your note, she doesn't believe at ghost. Not at all! Screw those rumors and that ghost. She owns this rooftop now.

She sat herself on the floor and looked at sky with a longing face. How she wish that she could fly like birds up there. Free, not trapped nor commanded here and there.

Another fight about her joining dance team last night which ended with Zelo's late night visit replayed in her head again. She bit her lips to prevent sobs escaped her lips. Her fist hit her chest hard to let out her suffocating breath. Yet she still felt hard to take air.

It has been long time since she did this but there was no other choice. Her hand pulled a really small pocket knife. She took a deep breath before buried the tip into her inner tricep. Her lips formed a satisfied grin as her blood started making trail into her wrist. A little physical pain and blood will lessen your burden. That's one of crazy theories that Seolhyun has created.

She looked at her blood with blank expression. Her forefinger brushed against her blood and started drawing pattern on the floor with her blood. What she drew was symbol that she recently looked at. A triangle with hurricane like spiral in the middle. She didn't know what crossed her mind at that time but her finger and instinct just told her to draw that.

She jumped when rooftop door suddenly slammed close. All of her sudden, her surrounding felt colder than before and she rubbed her neck with uneasiness dripped her vein.

Her head turned around when she heard a small chuckle behind her. But she couldn't find the person who just let out that small laugh. She swear she didn't see anything or anyone coming.

"Looking for me?"

"Who are you?"

"Answer my question first, dear. Looking for me?"

"Yes."

Seolhyun squinted her eyes. Didn't like whoever intruded her personal sanctuary. Sudden pain on her tricep made her flinched and hissed. Again she heard that annoying chuckle.

"Yah, do you think it's funny? Show yourself!"

"Show you myself hm?", that voice was filled with amusement. "Just don't regret it later."

"I don't understand what you said."

"Look at your right side."

Without wasting her time, Seolhyun glared to her right and gasped loudly. There that voice that talked to her came from. From a tall boy, wearing the same uniform as her, smiled brightfuly.

But she was also able to see the view where supposed to be blocked by that guy's body. Yeah. She could see him, but in the very same time, his body is also transparent.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seolhyun let out the loudest scream that she ever produced and took a dash toward fortunately still unlocked door. She didn't bother to push people in front of her who rushed back to their respective class after bell had rung. Also didn't even bother to reply Zelo's greeting, whom looked at her weirdly.

'What's wrong with her? She looked pale.', he thought but shrugged. Thought that maybe Seolhyun was in a hurry.

Seolhyun kept running to restroom and looked at her reflection through mirror. Her reflection looked afraid. Of course! Who wouldn't?

She splashed water to her face. Hoped that that was just a dream or one of her crazy imagination. She sighed and washed her face again.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

With widened eyes, she looked at her left but saw nothing. Then she looked back at the mirror again. The boy was there, grinned widely with one hand stuffed into his pants.

"What happened? Kim Seolhyun? What're you doing here? And why did you scream? Are you hurt?"

Mrs. Jung barged in and bombarded her with questions that made her head dizzy. Glanced at mirror, she still saw that boy's wide grin which made her shuddered.

"No miss. I thought I had seen cockroach and got surprise so I screamed. Sorry for bothering you.", she answered and bowed.

"Oh, ok. You can go back to your class. Bell had rung 10 minutes ago."

She bowed again and exited restroom. But instead of class, her feet led her to school clinic. She took out antiseptic and bandage to cover her injured arm. Nurse who has used to get visited by Seolhyun just let her managed her injury by herself.

"I'm going crazy. No, I've gone crazy. Maybe I lost too much blood so that's why my imagination became too wild? Nah it's just a small cut. But... What was that? There's no ghost exist in this world. Well let's say they do exist, but what ghost appear in the middle of daylight like that? No no... I don't believe in ghost. Ghost isn't exist."

She kept mumbling to herself while her uninjured arm busy handling the other. With a small 'huf', she finished and stood. But she tumbled back to her bed and muffled her scream when she saw her reflection through a small mirror far in front of her. That guy was sitting on her where-she-just-sat bed, looking at her face. As if he knew that Seolhyun acknowledge his presence, he turned to mirror and waved slightly.

"Crazy. Maniac. I'm going crazy. Seriously.", she mumbled and walked toward Hana, the nurse.

"Hana-sshi, could you please make permission letter for me so I can go home early?"

Hana looked at her with surprise painted on her face. It was the very first time seeing Seolhyun practically begged for home. Usually, she always nags at Seolhyun to go home if she collapsed at school. Taken aback by this situation, she only asked 'Why?' calmly.

"I think I lost quite amount of blood when I accidently scratched my arm. And I think my low blood pressure starts kicking my system now. I left my medicine at home and I need rest badly."

Hana still didn't buy her lie at all but she shrugged. Her mind told her to let Seolhyun out of hook this time.

"Get well soon, Seolhyun-ah.", she said and handed Seolhyun the permission letter.

After bowed and said thank you, she sprinted back to her class. Handed the letter to Mr. Kim, she gathered all of her stuffs in instance and left class without saying anything.

She kept running and running. Hoped that all of her crazy imaginations went with all of her sweats. Weird stared that she got from her maids were replied with small grumble.

She slammed her door closed and threw herself to her comfy mattress. Her fingers fumbled with her phone furiously. She waited for the other to pick up the pone despite all of busy schedules.

"Hel..."

"Junmyeon oppa, am I going crazy? Am I crazy?"

"Huh? What..."

"Oppa, I think I've gone crazy. I kept seeing things that I shouldn't see. It's annoying as hell."

"Yah Kim Seolhyun, can you talk slowly and explain what you said because how you expect me to understand French, you fool brat!!!"

"What did I see? Why did I hallucinate? Oppa, why???!!!", she kept rumbling in French which made her older brother across Pacific Ocean frustated.

"You know what? I give up!"

Seolhyun stared at her phone that kept beeping now in disbelieve. Even her older brother didn't want to talk to her and hung up?

"AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE GONE INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 


 

Author's note: So I said that I will update this on Thursday right? Since I'll have a test on Friday, I'll have to study on Thursday and I'm sure I won't have time to type this stuffs. So I post it now ^^ And I'll have my mid-term test early October and it also started at thursday -_________- So should I post it on Wednesday or greet you the following week with double update? Comment about my fic and this update below, okay ^^ I love you so much my subscribers and readers <3