Friend?

A Friend in the Mirror

"So, tell me more about yourself."

"Me? What don't you know about me? You practically live with me now."

"I said 'more', right? Except your name, lessons, school schedule and your frequent late night visit from your neighbor, i know nothing about you."

"Why are you so curious? I'm just a plain girl."

She held her pocket mirror higher to see her guardian's expression. She raised one of her eyebrows when Kai shot her disapproving look.

"A summoner isn't a normal person. Never. Some of them are crazy enough to kill other person. Or people."

"So you're saying that I'm not a normal person and insane?"

"Probably. I will keep thinking like that until you tell me your story. Then I will judge if you're sane or not."

Seolhyun smirked. She won't fall into that kind of cheap trap.

"Let it be then. i don't really care what other people think of me."

"What about I tell you about myself and then you'll tell me otherwise."

"Nah, I'm not interested in you."

"But I am."

"I don't care what you're interested in."

"But..."

His words were cut by Seolhyun's loud ringing phone. She shrugged when Zelo name was displayed and answered it.

"Noona, where're you?"

"Me? Just somewhere. Why?"

"Where is that somewhere?"

"Just a place."

"Come to cafeteria. Accompany my lunch time, pretty please?"

"Where's Jongup?"

"He was called by his homeroom teacher. Come on noona."

Heard his brother practically seduced her with aegyo-dripped voice, she only sighed and said "yeah" then hung up.

"You leave?"

"It's not like you will stop following me, will you?"

She glanced at her mirror and shot him her very first sincere smile.

 


 

"It's not like that. You should substitute T with Tx then use the Y formula."

"Really? Isn't it the same with what I just did?"

"No. Count the Tx first. It will be easier that way."

Seolhyun nodded and followed Kai's instruction. After she had finished her homework, she threw her tired body at her her fluffy mattress and sighed. Another physic olympiad was coming and tortured her with additional assignments here and there. Fortunately her guardian is smart and kind enough to be her mentor.

"Are you ready enough to tell me more about yourself."

"Told you there's nothing interesting in me."

"No. You're special. And as your friend, I think you're interesting and quite unique."

She snickered when she heard 'friend' word. Her hand tilted her mirror to see Kai still waited for her answer.

"Maybe you think that I'm your friend. But friend is just a delusional and naive status. A person like me will never be able to have a friend. I don't even know what a friend is."

"Who said that?"

"Me. It's one of my self-made theory. A 'perfect' person like me will never be able to get a friend. Why? Because life is cruel. That's it."

"I don't understand."

"Don't have to."

"Come on. You have nothing to lose too. It's not like I can spill your secret to anyone."

"You have your point.", she said after short silence filled her room.

"So? What's wrong?"

She didn't answer him directly. Instead, she stood beside her window and stared blankly. She cracked a sad smile and looked at Kai through her pocket mirror.

"Because you will not be able to look at me the same way as you do now. Kai, you're right. I'm not normal. I'm not even a human to begin with. I'm just a substitute robot. Now will you listen to my robot-like life story?

 


 

A/N: Two updates in a week? How is it? What do you think about this chapter? Tell me at comment section below ^^ And what do you think the next chapter will talk about? :B Hehe... Bye for now. Love you all