Silent Gesture

A Friend in the Mirror

"CHOI JUNHONG, YOU'RE THE BEST. SARANGHAE!!!!"

Zelo grinned ear to ear and quickly embraced Seolhyun whose fac was as red as boiled lobster in embarrassment. Her fist quickly collided with Zelo's chest repeatedly. His maniac grin hadn't been wiped off his face and his arms only hugged her thin body tighter.

"You're so embarrassing. Extremely embarrassing.", Seolhyun muttered.

"Love you too noona."

After Seolhyun's small hitting spree finally calmed down, Zelo tilted Seolhyun's head up and kissed her forehead lovingly. Without their knowing, a pair of eyes watched them with ached heart.

Hyejeong left Kai alone when a call from Minjun arrived. Feeling too boring to go home and too lazy to become third wheel for Hyejeong, he roamed around looking for Seolhyun. But only got unpleasant surprise view in front of him.

"Come on. Let's go to next ride."

Zelo cheered while pulling Seolhyun's hand enthusiastically. Seolhyun only cracked small smile over her brother-slash-neighbour's childish antic. Kai only followed them silently with head muddled by lots of question.

Was he jealous? Did he like Seolhyun? Just like what Hyejeong had said, did he really love Seolhyun? But could it be possible? Shouldn't he be a soulless and heartless creature? How could he like someone, moreover love?

"I'm going to restroom.", Seolhyun abruptly said and stopped.

Zelo nodded and then waited under lamppost while Seolhyun made her way to opposite way. She took out her phone and plugged the earphones on.

"Kai? You're around here, aren't you?"

Kai startled but then snickered right away. Seolhyun squinted her eyes upon hearing Kai's voice and quickly pouted.

"As expected."

"Sharp instinct, huh?"

"I just know that there's a certain ghost creeping around.", she rolled her eyes.

"I have nothing to do. Hyejeong went home and I'm too lazy to go to your empty house. What could I do there? Studying? I have no choice but following you around."

"But still...", she sighed. "Let's go home.", she continued after short silence.

"But..."

"I'll tell Junhongie. I'm also quite tired actually. Besides, I'm pretty sure you need to be recharged anyway."

Seolhyun said as if it was nothing. But Kai could see her hidden intention. She cared about Kai. Although it was just a small silent gesture, it could already bring a smile on his lips. Kai was sure that Seolhyun would look at her with bewildered expression if she saw Kai skipped joyfully next to her on their way back to Junhong.

"Junhong-ah, can we go home? I don't feel well."

"But noona, you still have one promise to be fulfilled.", he whined and pouted.

"What promise?"

"Ferris wheel, remember?"

"Oh! Yeah, I remember. Last ride and we'll go home, kay?"

"Sure!"

Silence enveloped their short journey to ferris wheel. While Zelo kept trying to cheer the atmosphere by doing aegyo and skinship, strangely Seolhyun only shot him tiny crooked smile. She usually would coo over his aegyo and pinch his cheeks.

"Maybe she isn't really well.", he shrugged.

Speaking honestly, Seolhyun was extremely well. She could even walk around amusement park 3 times more. She just felt uncomfortable under invisible pair of sharp eyes that she knew was watching her intently now. Even though she couldn't really spot them, her sense told her by goosebumps which rose on her nape.

"Noona, are you sick?", Zelo asked once they entered the cramped space.

Seolhyun only smiled weakly and nodded then looked at the illuminated city under her. She didn't flinch when a pair of hands s their way and wrapped around her tiny waist. Zelo's head rested on her shoulder while her right hand his hair absentmindedly.

"Noona."

"Hmm?"

"Saranghae."

"Nado, Junhong-ah."

Seolhyun's answer sounded empty and came from far place but at least Zelo still contented with it. Although he himself didn't know if her definition of love was the same with his. He leaned closer and captured Seolhyun's lips in short soft kiss.

Again, with their knowing, Kai had joined them since the very start of ride and witnessed everything unfolded in front of him. Somehow, he felt suffocated and something broke inside him. His lips were raised into small smile and flew out of ferris wheel.

"Stupid.", he whispered.

 


 

 

Hello my subscribers. Happy Chinese new year for all of you. May it be a prosperous and better year for all of us ^^ And today also marks my 18th birthday. Not young anymore of course. And I'm really sorry for lacked of updates but I can promise you more updates after my final exams around April. By then, I would let go my title as high schooler hohohoho... Leave all of your comments below. I love reading all of your comments and they're really encouraged me. Hope you enjoy this. I really love you xoxo