Emotion

A Friend in the Mirror

"Is that all? The end?"

Seolhyun looked at him dumbfounded. Was that his only response after hearing her story? Her sad smile flattered and replaced with a frown.

"I thought your story is like sappy drama or what. Hah.. You're no fun, Seolhyun-ah."

"This is not a soap opera.", she replied coldly.

Indeed this kind of reaction was the first but it felt like he mocked at her.

"You know what? You're a lot like me. We almost have the same life. At least my past life did. If you didn't accidentally summoned me at that time, maybe you would have the same ending as me. Like now. Floating around here and there."

"You said that I'm a lot like you?"

"Yep. That's why maybe I can predict your action better after you told me this. "

She squinted her eyes. Her gaze fixed on her desk.

"I can see you now. Without mirror. But you looked a bit blurry. Almost like an unclear hologram."

"I bet you do."

Kai raised from his previous position and walked to sit beside her. She felt a chill ran down her spine but she tried ti keep her flat expression. Kai looked hesitant but slowly his fingers patted and smoothened Seolhyun's long hair.

"Can you feel my fingers?"

"Y-yes."

'Aish Seolhyun babo. Why are you stuttering? Hff... Stay calm Seolhyun-ah. You're just not used to being touched by a spirit.', she kept chanting in her mind.

"That means you're at level 2 now."

"Heh? Level 2?"

"Your emotion. I will explain it briefly. Your emotion will be related to your sight ability after you summoned a spirit. Your daily emotion is at level 0. The sadder or angrier your emotion will raise your emotion level. At level 0, you can only hear my voice and see me through mirror. Level 1 means you can see me but only a very blurry figure. And you can't feel my touch yet. Level 2, your level now, will start feeling my touch. But only like a cold wind touch your skin. The upper level your emotion, the more you can see and feel me. If you're at your peak level, you can even feel and see me like a normal human. I mean I can physically touch you and you'll feel like a normal human touch you."

".............. It's complicated.", she mumbled and rubbed her throbbing temple.

"That's the most basic explanation. Actually, rather than emotion, all these sight things are related with aura. Human can't see it. But us, we can see various color of aura that surround people.

"Can you stop? My head is kinda dizzy now."

"I know it. Your aura color has just changed. And it's paler than before."

Seolhyun shot her now-started-becoming-blurry-image guardian a blank face and gritted her teeth. She pulled her bedcover and let herself absorbed the warmth.

"I'm taking evening nap. Don't make any noise or make me annoyed to death if you don't wanna be kicked out of this room."

Kai laughed and gave salute to her as he watched Seolhyun slowly closed her eyelids. Her frowns were changed with soft inhale and exhale.

"Sleep well, Seolhyun-ah."