Neighbor

A Friend in the Mirror

"Yeah. That's right."

Seolhyun hummed in contentment and stretched her stiff limbs. They, Kai and her, were currently spending their time at library. Tried to load more physic formulas inside Seolhyun's brain.

"You've worked hard. I'm sure you can win gold again."

"Thank you Kai."

After the day she told him about her past life, she slowly became more at ease with him and started accepting Kai as her guardian and tried to be friends with him. She also learned that Kai was died because he was also a broken soul who hid behind 'a perfect student' mask.

"Told you. you're my long-lost twin sister. We also have many things in common. We're the perfect twins."

And she only answered him with a loud snort and rolled her eyes.

"You really made this notebooks?"

"Well I did. I did a very good job, right? I can see that you really like my note. You always read it everynight."

"Oh please. Just because it's useful and almost like an encyclopedia, doesn't mean that I like it. I thought you have such a beautiful handwriting, judging from your cover. But your handwriting is messier than a drunk man's one."

"How do you know a drunk man's handwriting?"

"It's just a proverb, silly."

"Never heard that."

"Because it's my own creation."

She said proudly and Kai only laughed at her diva attitude. Back to library, she arranged back books that she had borrowed with a little help of Kai pointed at the original location of books.

"Go home?", Kai asked her when she closed her locker.

"Sure."

 


 

Seolhyun stopped at her track and squinted her eyes. It seemed like house beside her mansion was finally settled down. Being an antisocial type of person, she only shrugged and didn't mind to greet her neighbor.

"You have a new neighbor.", Kai commented when Seolhyun only walked casually to her room.

"I could see that too."

"So?"

"So what?"

"You're not going to greet him? Or her? Or them maybe?"

"Nah, why should I?"

Kai only sighed and muttered 'cold brat' under his breath. Not long after she lay flatly on her stomach, reading Kai's French notebook, door bell rang loudly. But Seolhyun still nailed on her bed, not moving at all.

"Little lady Kim, there is a guest for you."

Although Kai had spent more than half month with Seolhyun, he kept snickering at Seolhyun's title at her house, which made Seolhyun glared at him through her hand mirror and stomped her feet in annoyance. She entered living room where a tall girl with back-length red hair greeted her with wide smile.

"Hello.", Seolhyun bowed a little.

"Hi! I'm your neighbor who have just moved back to Seoul from Daegu. My name is Shin Hyejeong and I'm 19 years old university student at KAIST. Nice to meet you.", she ended her introduction with small bow.

"My name is Kim Seolhyun, 16 years old second grade high schooler. Nice to meet you too."

"And?"

Seolhyun frowned when Hyejeong's thin lips formed a knowing slash mysterious smile.

"And what?"

"Aren't you going to introduce your friend beside you? Although I don't need any introduction anymore."

Living room went silent for a while as Seolhyun tried to process what Hyejeong had just said.

"It has been long time, Kai sunbae."

Seolhyun's eyes widened and opened her pocket mirror immediately. Kai cracked a small smirk and nodded.

"Indeed. It has been quite long time, Hyejeong-sshi."

 


 

a.n: How is it? I'm sorry for not updating though. I was busy with school work especially huge exhibition thing that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Fortunately I passed that hell hole but I believe my school is not giving any mercy and will keep bombarding me with projects here and there. Well i hope you enjoy it anyway ^^ 

Our neighbor, AOA Shin Hyejeong, finally made her appearance. Kkk...

(this is before debut I think. When she made a cameo at drama)

I choose Hyejeong because Hyejeong and Seolhyun actually very close and dubbed as SeolJeong couple ^^

 

Bye for now ^^