Lost

A Friend in the Mirror

Seolhyun sighed in defeat. She should have known that Goddess of Fortune wasn't on her side since very start.

"You have to do it! You've agreed to do so."

"Fine! Gosh you're so noisy when you whine like this."

Remember the bet that Seolhyun and Zelo had made long time ago? For the very first time in Seolhyun's life, she lost to Choi-annoying-Junhong!

"I told you, you shouldn't take me that lightly."

Zelo grinned widely and once again dangled his report card in front of her face. She pouted and with loud huf, she crossed her hands in front of her chest.

"You! You weren't cheating when you did the exam, were you?"

Zelo made loud gasp and put his hand in front of his heart with pained expression.

"You hurt my heart and pride, noona. How can you say it like that? I worked my off during exams until I get these eyebags and bones sticking out here and there due to lack of sleep and food then you said I was cheating during exams."

Seolhyun rolled her eyes and flicked his forehead with her uncasted arm.

"You're overreacted, stupid. Who won't be suspicious if your rank is raised from 12th to 4th?"

"But still, you hurt my heart, noona. I asked Youngjae hyung to tutor me. At first I want you to be my tutor, but you were too busy with that Jimin guy so I had to choose Youngjae hyung to do me a favor."

"Youngjae? Yoo Youngjae from Biology division?"

"Yeah. The silver medalist from Biology, Yoo Youngjae. Seriously noona, do you have to address people with their medal title like that?", he asked with rolled eyes.

"You know that I don't really know students that well. I only know people from olympiad division since we're trained together mostly."

"But still, you can say 'Oh, I know that person' instead of saying their title."

"Stop commenting how I address people. You make me dizzy."

"Hehe... Sorry noona. Go change. Let's go now."

"Arasseo. Get out first. I wanna change first."

Zelo sent her flying kiss then jumped to his own room. When Seolhyun still struggled with her outfit, Kai entered her room through opened windows. Recently, instead of sticking with Seolhyun 24/7, Seolhyun asked him to go accompanying Hyejeong and talked.

"You're maybe too bored accompanying me every second. Just make some interraction with other people won't hurt. Come on, Zelo also practically cling to me. I don't need 2 bodyguards around me."

That was Seolhyun' answer when Kai had asked why she pushed him over and over. And strangely, Kai agreed to do so after several awkward yet still appealing aegyo attack from almighty-but-clumsy Kim Seolhyun. He didn't blush of course but he felt that he would if he was still able to do so.

"Go somewhere?"

She hummed. Eyes still trailed on her long rail of coats.

"I made some bet and lost so I have to date him. Don't follow me. Just have some quality time with Hyejeong eonni, will you?"

"But..."

"Come on. Zelo will keep me accompanied. I don't want you to be third wheel. Besides, I won't be able to talk to you at all. He will think I'm crazy.", she said or begged with hint of aegyo dripped on her words.

As if he trapped under her spell, he nodded his head involuntarily. With big huf, he exited her room after Seolhyun shot him a qide smile through mirror.

 


 

"Such a pretty noona that i have. Lost in a bet so she has to date me."

"Stop your stupid song, Zelo. It's annoying."

"She's wearing red jacket that hugs her fabulous body. Unfortunately the little fox can't capture the little red riding jacket and devour her."

Zelo swang their intertwined hands with joker smile while Seolhyun facepalmed herself. What a stupid decision with stupid boy who didn't want to stop his stupid song.

"She is like snow white. I'm like the prince charming who gets caught by her pale skin and red lips."

"More like a dwarf then prince charming."

Seolhyun's mutter wasn't left unnoticed by Zelo. He pouted and pinched Seolhyun's arm lightly. Seolhyun replied it with light smack on his neck.

"Huh? Is that Hyejeong noona?"

"Where?"

"Beside popcorn stall. Hyejeong noona!", he shouted and waved frantically.

"Zelo! Seolhyun! Annyeong. Having winter date?"

"Yeah. Are you going alone, noona?"

"Nope. I'm also on date."

"Really? With who? I thought your boyfriend is living in Daegu. Is he visiting you? Can you introduce him to me?"

"Whoa... Slow down, Zelo. I'm just accompanying my friend. My friend's friend is also having a date here. Apparently, my friend wants me to accompany him so he can stalk her."

One of Seolhyun's eyebrows was raised. She silently took out her pocket mirror and tilted it to Hyejeong's direction but she still couldn't see anything.

"Who is your friend, noona? Is he someone that I know?"

"You don't. But Seolhyun knows him really really really well."

"Surprise?"

A ghostly whisper that echoed through her right eardrum made shivers ran down her spine and she quickly aimed her mirror to her back. She could clearly see Kai grinned from ear to ear and waved slightly. Mentally groaned, she shut her mirror and put it back in her bag.

"Yeah. Of course I know him extremely well."

Hyejeong who could sense sarcasm dripped on her words, tried her best to suppress her laughter while Zelo only looked at both of them with confusion attached on his face. But he just shrugged it off and started dragging Seolhyun.

"Well, we'll go first then. Bye Hyejeong noona. Come on noona, let's go. you still have missions waiting to be accomplished."

Seolhyun groaned loudly and let herself dragged. Zelo waved cheerfully to Hyejeong before disappearing among crowd.

"Do you think they'll okay?"

"Well that's our mission, silly. Following, observing and spying their date from afar."

Hyejeong grinned mischievously while Kai facepalmed himself.

"Why did I agree with this idiot at the very first second?"

But his words were simply ignored by Hyejeong. She craned her neck and could easily spotted her target.

"Spying Seolhyun-Zelo mission status: start"

 


 

A/n: Ummm... Surprise? I'm trying to develop more feeling for Seolhyun-Zelo now. And because of my readers, I'm starting to considerate about Suga. Do you want him to be added to Seolhyun's love line? Leave your comment below. I like reading your comments and they're like my vitamin ^^