Run Away

A Friend in the Mirror

What could be hidden from Seoul night sky?


 

"Seolhyun-ah."

"What?", she hissed through gritted teeth.

She flinched when Kai touched her shoulder and rubbed it to sooth her anger.

"It's okay. Eveything is gonna be okay."

With that words that she always heard in the past, she snapped and started stomping angrily. Anger that she had endured since last hours erupted like volcano.

"Stop telling me lies, Kai. You know everything is not okay and not gonna be okay. Bull, Kai. Bull! I'm tired of lies. I'm tired of this life!"

She rummaged through her drawers and pulled out a pocket knife. Knowing what she was going to do, Kai quickly flew to her side and grabbed her wrist tightly.

" off, Kai. I can't stand it anymore."

"You will regret it later."

"I won't!"

"You know nothing about dying and death. I also did say it like that and I regret it a lot now. Stop doing something that's so stupid."

"Stop acting as if you know me deep inside. You're not even human and you can't have this feeling anymore."

"Maybe I don't know, but I was a human too and I've learned from my experience. I was a fool and I regret it a lot. I don't want you to be an idiot like me. You can have another future. A very different one compared to mine. Don't let a tiny bump on your road like this make you fall down. You may be tripped, but you have to stand up again. Even if you're bleeding, you have to keep fighting and never give up. I understand you a lot, Seolhyun-ah. I know your feeling really well."

Seolhyun's grab on her pocket knife flattered but her eyes still clouded with thick wrath. She finally put back her knife and took a deep breath.

"Where're you going?"

"I need a release.", she mumbled and opened her windows after grabbed her purse, phone and small key from leather case inside her cupboard.

"What release?"

"Since you didn't let me cut, I need another release. And don't try to follow me. It's an order from your summoner."

She jumped to Zelo's balcony and knocked his window rapidly. The owner who was busy daydreaming about a certain girl quickly jolted up from him bed and scrambled his way to window to open it.

"Noona, what's up?"

"Go out. Don't follow me?"

"Huh? Where to? It's almost half past 9!"

"I'll go first. Bye."

She scurried out of his room in a flash and saw Mrs.Choi still watched TV at living room. She slowed down a her lips quickly formed a small (fake) smile. Mrs.Choi always treated her like her own daughter since she had no other girl in that house. So it wasn't that polite to exit a house without a proper greeting with the owner.

"Oh, Seolhyun. Finished playing with Junhongie? I don't hear you coming though."

"Ne eommonim. I went through balcony as usual because it's more easy and convenient that way."

"Use door and stay for dinner sometime too, dear."

"Sure. I'm going home now. Good night."

"Sleep well, Seolhyunnie."

Her fake smile disappeared as quick as it appeared once she exited Zelo's house. She opened her phone and called a person whom she hadn't contacted for a while.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Prepare my baby and my attire then send the location. The Silent Killer is going to have her comeback tonight.", she smirked.

 


 

"Sunbae?", Jimin quickly glanced at his wristwatch.

"Single espresso this time, Jimin."

"Single?"

"Yeah. And take away. I'm quite in a hurry now."

"Ah, ne."

Seolhyun tapped her fingers impatiently while watching Jimin made her order. Meanwhile Jimin was nervous wreck now. His hand trembled a bit when he handed her order.

"Thank you."

"Err... Sunbae, wanna have some cookies? My treat."

"No thank you. I'm on diet now."

Jimin looked disappointed but he put a smile and bowed.

"Have a nice night, then."

"Of course.", she smiled widely.

She was drinking her coffee when a boy, looked no more than junior high schooler, bumped into her and spilled some of her coffee into the bou's white shirt.

"Aish, you should watch your way, little boy.", she snarled and left him.

"W-what? Little boy? That girl... Is she insulting me or what?"

 


 

"Hello my brother.", she greeted the man, highfived and hugged him lightly after she had sliped into her new attires.

"Gosh, I miss you so much, Seolhyun-ah."

"Same here. It has been long time, huh?"

"Very. I though you've given up. I almost sold your baby."

"Don't you even dare thinking like that."

She growled but her gaze turned lovely when her fingers lightly graced and tapped her shining red motorbike. Things that she efforted after saving countless pennies and awards of winning races.

"Seokjin hyung, no one wants to challenge Silent Killer except one person. And... Well who is this lovely lady?"

"Well Seolhyun-ah, this is Namjoon, my assistant. Namjoon, this is Seolhyun, the Silent Killer."

"Nice to meet... Eh???!!!! The Silent Killer is a girl?!"

Seolhyun rolled her eyes. Not the first time she got this kind of reaction.

"Oh please. Have you seen a girl racer?"

"Well I have but I don't know the legendary one from Seoul is a girl."

"She has been racing since she was 14 and she bought her precious baby over here along her title as Silent Killer after 1 year continous winning. She got that title because... Yeah, she's a very talented girl. Born to be a racer I think, but other took her too easily and underestimated her just because she was inexperienced and young. She learned fast and quickly won all races that she entered. Back then, everyone tried to take her position down but she kept winning silently. That's why she's more known as Silent Killer now. I still remember how she came to me out of blue and asked me, who was observing Hoseok at that time, to teach her how to race with my own motorcycle.She hasn't raced since summer holiday though so I though she has given up. But guess who is going to illuminate this night?"

"Ch... Seokjin oppa, your lips are too loose as usual. Who told you to tell him about my racing history?"

"Well I just know that he is curious of you."

"Yah Kim Seolhyun!"

"Seolhyun noona!"

She turned to her back, only facing equally mad Kai and Zelo with Hyejeong tagged along. She should know better that both of them will never leave her alone and take her words no matter how strict she sounded.

"Who told you guys to come?"

"Do you think I'll leave you alone? I told you I will be always by your side."

She stunned when Kai and Zelo said the exact thing in the same time. But she only shrugged and sat with crossed legs on leather seat of her motorbike.

"You told me you will stop racing.", Zelo shouted.

"I told you I will TRY to stop."

"Err.... Seolhyun-ah, I'll call you when it's show time.", said Seokjin and scurried away with Namjoon in tow awkwardly.

"Why are you doing this, Seolhyun-ah.", finally Hyejeong said after short silence

"Nothing. Just for fun."

"Fun? But it's very dangerous!"

"Not really."

"Listen to me, noona. You can't run away from your problem by doing this."

"Shut up! Just shut the up!", she shouted.

A single tears escaped her eyes and Kai floated to her side to wipe her cheeks. He kept her hair. Pity was evident in his eyes.

"I know this is wrong. But I know your feeling and I won't forbide you. Just stay safe again. I'll keep watching you."

"Seolhyun-sshi, your opponent has arrived.", Namjoon opened the abandoned warehouse door where they were gathered and announced.

Seolhyun took deep breath and put on her smirk. She zipped up her black tight leather jacket and dragged her motorcycle. Outside, loud cheer had waited for her. She could see her opponent, sat on his vehicle with back faced her.

"So you're my opponent."

"A lady, huh?"

That boy turned with an unlit cigarette tucked on his lips that formed a smirk by the time his eyes met with Seolhyun's. Seolhyun gasped. The boy who stood in front of her was the exact boy whom she had bumped into in front of cafe.

"You..."

"Ah... That lady earlier, huh? Pleasure to meet you once again. Have to say that I'm honoured to be the opponent of Seoul's legendary racer, the Silent Killer. I'm Min Yoongi, the unbeatable one from Daegu, also known as..."

"Sweet ruler of Daegu's street, Min Suga.", a small whisper was heard.

"Ah... My lovely Hyejeong. Or should I call you like our old time, dear Linus, the freak yet charming model like paranormal."

Hyejeong's lips formed tight line and she scooted closer to Seolhyun.

"Seolhyun, cancel this race right now. Suga... He is dangerous."

 


 

a/n: An update now because I love all of you and your comments. So many things that I have to prepare now starts from school presentation, my SM audition until my 17th birthday party. This is hard T___T Kkk... But I'm really enlighted by your comments althought there not that much >.< I really like it when you're curious and demand for next chapter. Should I put a really big cliffhanger and not update your for months someday? Lol. Thank your for your support and love for A Friend in the Mirror. I hope you can keep support my ficts although they are still lack a lot. Thank you.

 

Kim Seokjin (BTS Jin)

Kim Namjoon (BTS Rap Monster)

Min Yoongi (BTS Suga)

p.s: I don't have any grudge to Suga. He's one of my top 3 bias actually. But sometimes he gives me a-bad boy-that-like-messing-around feeling so I make him an antagonist character here. Don't kill me ARMY T_____T