Mask

the White Revenge

(Eunjung POV)

We finally arrived in America. I brought jiyeon to meet uncle Liu. He was a pro doctor. I believed he could cure her. nothing was impossible if we believed.

“Uncle Liu!!” i called him and hug him tightly

“oh! My Jungie!” he hug me back

I released his hug and introduced jiyeon to him, “uncle, this is jiyeon”

“what’s a beautiful girl, jungie. You have a good eye” he started to tease me and made me blush. Luckily jiyeon didn’t understand, she was very bad at English. So she didn’t understand what we were talking about.

“don’t tease me, uncle..  why don’t you check her?”

He nodded, “let’s go to the scanning room”

“ji.. let’s go to the scanning room. you are going to have some scanning” i patted her and tried to calm her. she looked so quiet today and it’s made me worried.

We went to the room for some scanning. Jiyeon lied down on the bed and the bed was moving to the scanning cycle. Uncle liu started to look at the picture, especially on the head part. “ehm..  has she ever take a surgery before?”

“ji.. uncle liu ask you that have you ever taken a surgery before?” i tried to be the interpreter. Jiyeon looked at me.

“ne.. i have. When i was 17”

I turned back to uncle liu and he nodded. “jungie.. i’m not sure i could save her” he sighed. “does she always has a nose bleed?” he asked again.

My heart suddenly beat so fast, i didn’t ask jiyeon again “yes.. i have found her always nose bleed”

“i just find something... actually she doesn’t only has a cancer on her head.. but....” uncle liu stopped his word and looked at them. He showed the x-ray picture. “her surgery before has injured some of her brain serve and made her medulla oblongata infected. That’s why some time she will have a nose bleed, cough bleed, and lose her senses”

I suddenly became so weak. I tried to be brave  “so.. is it any possible for her?”

“ yes.. but...”

My smile was gone when i heard ‘but’ . I hope i didn’t hear any bad news. I started to pray.

Uncle liu showed the x-ray picture again “her cancer was around her back cerebrum. I have to do twice surgery. First, i have to fix her medulla oblongata and second is take her cancer. Because her cancer is in her back cerebrum and i have to make it quick, i’m afraid...”

Please.. please.. not a bad news i was begging

 

 (jiyeon POV)

It’s weird. I only could see their’s argue about something that i didn’t understand at all. I blamed myself why didn’t study english before. Now i liked a stupid girl who could only sit and wait for Eunjung oppa translation. I kept looking at their expression. Their face weren’t good, that meant it was a bad news. I had known that. It’s not a surprise again for me. I had prepared myself for the result long times ago.  Eunjung bowed the old man. I immediately bowed him too. Eunjung oppa grabbed my hand tightly and went to the canteen.

“ji.. are you hungry?”

I nodded “ne.. paegeopta..” he just gave me a short smile.

“let’s eat then..”

We ate without any voice. I secretly looked at him. His face wasn’t good. I decided to talk to him “oppa~”

He looked at me “wae?”

“ you know.. i love the way i’m now.. you don’t have to worry about me. i’m okay” i tried to cheers him but he only smiled and patted me. i knew he was sad and i hated it.  It’s because of me.

“ji..” i faced him “what will you choose if...” he was going to say something but his words was been stopping by his phone rang. He took out his phone and answered it “Yes? Oh.. “ he looked at me “okay.. thank you amber.. we will go... this night?... we don’t have any car... oh? Really? Thanks then.. okay, see you” he turned off the phone and smiled. “ji... let’s go shopping”

“mwo?” i was so surprised by his words but he kept smiling

“let’s go!” he grabbed my hand and i followed him. He brought me to the main entrance and someone has waiting for us.  Eunjung opened the door for me and i got in.

“where are we going?” i asked him curious

“buy some dress for you and suit for me”

“for what?”

“we are going to attend my friend party” I only could nod my head and followed him.  After a few minutes we arrived at a shop.  He leaded me and chose some dress for me to test. “try this and this” i nodded and followed his order again. I tried the first dress and came out.

“.... you look beautiful” i smiled happily with his words. He also changed his cloths. That white suit was really suited him so well.

“you look handsome with that” i back and he smiled shyly.

“thank you”

“i’m trying another..” i went back to the changing room. i wore the second dress that he gave me. and opened the curtain.

“...” he opened the mouth but didn’t say anything

“is it okay?”

Eunjung nodded “i think.. this one is the best”

“jinjja?” he nodded again.

“okay.. i buy this” he gave his card to the worker and paid all of it. “let’s buy some heels for you”

They went to the other shop. Eunjung was searching one by one until his eyes fell on the white heels. “ji.. try this”

Jiyeon took the heels and wore it. She stood up and tried to walk with it. “wao.. it’s beautiful” said jiyeon also amazed by the heels.

“i also think so.. oke, i take this” he paid again. “now.. let’s go to the party” he said happily.

--

 

Sunny opened the door for hyomin “please get in” he gave her a bright smile. Hyomin couldn’t only follow his order and got in the car.

“what are you going to take me?” asked hyomin again.

“to my friend party” sunny answered while texting someone

“what? You bring me here to attend your friend party?”

Sunny nodded “i don’t want to go there alone. Beside that, he told me to bring someone and the only one girl that suits me to go there is you”

Hyomin sighed, “okay..”

They arrived at a deluxe five stars hotel. Hyomin couldn’t deny that she was totally amazed. Honestly, She never went to holiday before. She always works works and works. Her times was totally waste for working and for Qri.

“it’s amazing, right?”

Hyomin nodded after looking the garden, the swimming pool, the restaurant, the club and the room. “it’s awesome..”

Sunny smiled looking how hyomin amazed the hotel “my room was next to your,  please change your clothes and i will met you again later”

“ne.. gomawo~” she closed the door and ran to the bed. “KKYYYAA!!!” she jumped happily on the bed and fell herself on it. She went to the restroom. “waoo~ i really need a holiday... and this is amazing!!” she walked out from the restroom and took her dress out to wear it.

Tok!! Tok!! Tok!!

Hyomin approached the door and opened it

“are you ready?” said sunny with his suit

Hyomin nodded and walked with him. Sunny held her hand nervously. “are you nervous?” teased hyomin.

“ani.. i’m not” he denied

“geojismal.. your hand is shaking” hyomin laughed. Sunny blushed but what can he do. They arrived at the party mass. It’s crowded.

“good evening~ please show the invitation card” said the guard.

Sunny gave him the card. He checked it and smiled to them “welcome to the party and please choose the mask”

Sunny took the golden mask while hyomin took the purple one. They wore it before walked in to the mass and saw so many people with the mask. “your friend is so weird”

Sunny turned to hyomin, “what made you think so?”

“if all of the people wear mask, how can we know who behind the mask?”

Sunny nodded agree, “ but i hear it’s just for the opening”

“Sunny!!” sunny turned back and someone approached him “i’m happy you are here! I thought you won’t come”

“who are you?” sunny’s confuse because of the mask

“Yah!! It’s me, YURI! “ he said while hitting sunny’s arm

“i’m sorry! I didn’t recognize you.. hahaha.. By the way where is Jessica?”

“she is over there, talking with tiffany and this is...”   yuri looked at the girl beside sunny.

“oh.. hyung.. this is hyomin.. and hyomin, this is yuri”

“annyeonghaseyo.. park hyomin imnida” hyomin bowed politely

“annyeonghaseyo..” he bowed back “could you take of your mask?”

“ For what??” sunny asked back

“just want to know how beautiful she is” teased yuri and made hyomin smiled

“andwae.. you can’t! You are really a playboy , huh? I will tell jessica later” warned sunny and made yuri stepped back

“Yah! Don’t do that! You know that how is she when she was angry. I’m back to jessica.. bye-bye and nice to see you hyomin.. hope we can meet again” he winked her

“Yah!” sunny was going to hit him but he has already run away. He turned back to hyomin “i’m sorry for my friend attitude” Suddenly sunny’s phone rang “yeoboseyo? Oh ne... wait..” sunny grabbed his phone “hyomin~ah.. wait here.. i’m going to finish this first”

Hyomin nodded and sunny went away. Hyomin looked around. She found it was so noise and she didn’t even know the people in this room. “huft..” she walked to desk which place some drinks and took a glass of white wine.

“hey~”

Hyomin turned back and saw a man. “are you calling me?”

That man nodded, “ may i know your name?”

Hyomin looked weird at him who is he? “park hyomin”

The man looked disappointed “i’m kang jiyoung.. i’m sorry.. you just look like my bestfriend.. i just think you are her”

“it’s okay.. it’s so difficult to difference people with the mask”

“thank you.. i..” he was going to say something again but suddenly the MC broke it. All the people got their attention to the MC.

“Good evening all!! Thank you for coming to this simple but wonderful party. Are you curious why we have to wear mask? I’m also curious. Actually we are going to play a game. We are going to choose a King and Queen. For the winner, they are going to have a 2 tickets holiday in Jepang, 4 days living in the luxurious hotel, all the food and travel was paid by our boss. So you don’t have to take any money for this holiday.” All was excited by the prize “But... we will do it randomly. Girls.. please gather on the left side while boys on the right side.” The girls and boys suddenly desparated into two side. The MC countinued telling the rule “When the lamp off, you have to searching your partner in the dark. And when the light on, who in your side of in front of you will be your partner for this game. Are you ready??!!”

All of the them excited joining this game. “Yes!”

Back to the MC “okay.. the light will be off... on... 3....2....1...” all of the light off.

Hyomin began to panic. Someone girls screamed excited and pushed hyomin toward. Hyomin couldn’t see anything. She got a push from behind and made her move in front.

“okay~ stay at your position. Don’t move.. in 3...2...1...” all the light on.

Hyomin felt her eyes suddenly got a big shine. She tried to open her eyes. The first sight was felt on the man with the silver mask and white suit. The eyes suddenly met for a moment.

“g..g...gyuri?” said the man didn’t believe what he saw.