nine

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

nine

 

 

  “…It’s amazing that you’re still alive after one week.”

  Krystal’s tone was of amusement as she wandered into the empty kitchen in Luhan and Yoona’s place, making a rather insensitive remark as she passed through the threshold. Sehun shot his girlfriend a warning look, then placed his hand on Jun’s head, his godson’s hair before focusing his eyes on the rather crestfallen expression of Luhan’s.

  “Hyung, this is my fault.” Sehun murmured apologetically. “If I didn’t come and stay for so long, she might not be horribly angered like she is now.”

  Luhan shook his head, putting out a bitter smile. “It’s not your fault, Sehun. Yoona’s a rather stubborn girl anyway. Jun’s going to turn three soon, and she’s still acting like a three-year-old herself. It’s like three years of being a mother hasn’t matured her at all… Really, she does need to grow up.”

  “That’s so mean of you to say!” Krystal scoffed, as she came back to the dining room, carrying a glass of water in her hands. “Luhan-oppa, your fridge is completely empty – it’s like something died in there. Yoona-unnie managed the entire house so well last time and now without her it’s like a mausoleum. How could you say such a thing?”

  “Considering that the both of you were in your childish wonderland of problems for more than a month, I don’t think you should be lecturing me, Krystal Jung.” Luhan said icily, as he stretched his hands forward, reached towards Jun and held him tightly. “…Yoona will come back whenever she wants to, and if she doesn’t, well, that’s that.”

  Krystal gave him a dry look. “Jerk. How does she even live with you?”

  “People can live however they want, Krystal. Just make sure you don’t mess up Sehun’s head and maybe things will be sweeter on your side.” Luhan advised tactlessly, making Krystal turn even redder with anger.

  “You’re a jerk.”

  “Whatever.”

  “Okay, okay, calm down and stop this!” Sehun frantically held out his hands, making an attempt to calm the both of them. “It’s not the time for us to bring out new grudges. The problem now is Yoona-noona, alright? Hyung, stop being so harsh. You can’t blame this on Yoona either – she’s really been taking in a lot.”

  “Sehun’s right!” Krystal joined in, taking sides with Sehun. “You’ve got to stop being such a mean jerk and just apologize to her already, things would be better for-“

  “Will you two just go back?” Luhan said, with much frustration. “Stop giving me advice when you both don’t even know how. Only Yoona can give-“ He paused, the moment he realized what he was saying. “…Just go home. I’ll manage, on my own.”

  Krystal narrowed her eyes, looking at Luhan cheekily. “You’re thinking about her, aren’t you, Luhan-oppa?”

  “…Daddy.” Jun’s tone was serious, commanding the attention of everyone in the room.

  “Yes, Jun-ah?” Luhan sat his child on his knee, hugging Jun tightly, before gazing over at Jun with much concern. “Is there anything wrong?”

  “Daddy, go say sorry to Mommy.” Jun was solemn. “Mommy says that people should say sorry when they do something wrong… It’s your fault, Daddy.”

  It was a second blow to Luhan’s heart when his own son said those words. He really did love Yoona, after all. And not just him, Luhan did as well. Despite what he had said about her, he knew, deep down in his heart… He loved her.

  A bit too much.

 

 

  “Sweetheart, I missed you…”

  Taemin nuzzled his face at the crook of his girlfriend’s neck, kissing her cheek softly as he wrapped his arms around her. It had been quite long since they had touched, and of course, the thing he missed the most would probably be their intimacy. Sulli rolled her eyes, continuing to pound the dough, her floury hands reaching towards her boyfriend, as she touched his nose, causing a white spot of flour to be present there.

  “You’re a cheesy ert, Lee Taemin.” Sulli chuckled softly as she turned back to her dough, kneading it with all her might. “I told you to stay away for awhile; I just want to finish making these cookies for the kids.”

  “You love cheesy pickup lines, and most importantly, you love it when I say it.” Taemin smirked confidently as he encircled his arms around her waist. “…Why do you need to make cookies for the kids? Yeonjung’s birthday was more than a week ago, and the other children aren’t nearing any of their birthdays.”

  “No, tomorrow they’re going to have a play date, and I want to contribute as well.” Sulli grinned, continuing to press her dough, rolling it around. “The mothers usually all bring in wonderful food – they practically showcase their culinary skills. Vic-unnie says I’m too much of a kid, so I think I’d show her that I’ve got a bit of talent as well.”

  “You are talented, sweetheart, stop lowering your self esteem!” Taemin insisted, though rather lovingly. “I’m always worried about you doing that. You have been rather unconfident, ever since we were still idols. You’re the most beautiful girl, and you’re talented in every way… there’s nothing to be unconfident about.”

  Sulli grinned, throwing him another gaze. “We’re growing up, Taemin- No, we’ve already grown up. Half the company’s married, and they have kids already. Everyone’s moving on, and I think we should as well.” Her expression hardened as she recalled the memory of the past few weeks. “Considering how immaturely we acted for the past weeks, especially me, I think I ought to prove it to them as well… That I’m useful, even when it comes to housework.”

  “…It’s not your fault. We won’t let something like that happen again, won’t we?” Taemin smiled absentmindedly, as he reached towards his pocket. “It was such a hard quarrel.”

  “We’ve had enough of that childish argument for a lifetime, Lee Taemin. Right now I just want to be calm, to settle down and-“

  Sulli paused the moment she turned her head around, seeing her boyfriend kneeling down on one knee, as he held up a velvet box, with a diamond ring on a small cushion inside of it.  Her eyes widened in surprise, gasping loudly, almost dropping her dough into the sink, out of utter shock. She was in complete disbelief, stunned to the point that no sound was coming out of .

  “We were wavering for too much, and for way too long.” Taemin said earnestly, though he felt rather nervous. “…I thought of many places of which I could propose, like a in a fancy restaurant or on a luxury cru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter