twenty-eight

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

twenty-eight

 

 

  “WE’RE CHANGKYUMIN, WE’RE CHANGKYUMIN, YEAH, YEAH WE’RE CHANGKYUMIN, OH YEAH~!”

  The three men were practically yelling their lungs out, shrieking loudly yet proudly as they grooved to their self-choreographed dance. The other guests began to crowd around them, were pleasantly entertained, clapping along and giggling, whilst Victoria, on the other hand, was not one bit amused, folding her arms and giving Changmin, Minho and Kyuhyun her best death glare.

  “Will you guys zip your traps?” Victoria screeched at them, half-seething. “Can’t you see that the wedding will start in exactly one hour and there’s one billion and one things to finish preparing? Instead of fooling around like hooligans, why not lend your help?! Sulli is your esteemed colleague who I presume; you love very much, so shut up and get to work.”

  “But we are working!” Kyuhyun protested defensively. “We’re providing free entertainment! Last time, people paid hundreds just to watch us fool around on variety shows!”

  “Cho Kyuhyun.” Seohyun seemed to appear out of nowhere, shooting a glare at Kyuhyun, and he was instantly silenced. “Good gawd, Changmin-oppa, Minho, can’t you be more mature? This is a civilized wedding, for crap’s sake.”

  “We could sing a nicer song, you-“

  “Nobody’s interested.” Soyeon snapped, narrowing her eyes at Minho. “Grow up. Go lend your help. You’re twenty-seven, stop acting like a little child. It’s irritating and extremely boring.”

  The whole lot were rather astounded by Soyeon’s sharp remark, but impressed at the same time, for Minho had instantaneously bowed his head without talking back. Soyeon smirked in triumph, and from the corner of his eye, he did catch the sight of her smirk, but he didn’t berate her. It strangely felt kind of nice to have someone nagging on him… Though he never thought he would ever think that way.

  “-whipped.” Yoona interrupted, grinning as she pulled her husband over. “Hah, you boys are lame! Sehun and Luhan can do so much better, right?!” She shot an expectant look at her shy husband.

  “…I could try.” Luhan said bashfully. “But after this, you’re going to go back and sit down okay, standing up is not good for your ankles since the weight of the baby is-“

  “Yeah, yeah sweetheart, just make up something cool with Sehun! It’s good fun!” Yoona persisted, clapping her hands excitedly.

  Sehun patted his chest proudly, wearing a contemptuous grin. “Heck yeah, Yoona-noona, you got that right!”

  Victoria let out a tired groan. “Not again…”

  “WE’RE THEHAN, WE’RE THEHAN, WE’RE THEHAN. WE’LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF, YEAH, YEAH, WE’LL ROCK YOU UNTIL YOU’VE GOT NO MORE SOCKS, YEAH, YEAH ~”

  As the older boys began to teasingly pummel the younger ones, Seohyun could only facepalm.

  “…Oh boy.”

 

 

  “Ssul, you’re a ravishing beauty!” Luna squealed in compliment, clasping her hands together dreamily as she took a seat next to Sulli. Endeared to Sulli’s pretty white veil, she it gently, becoming more and more fascinated. “…I never thought our baby Sulli could turn into such a pretty fairy~”

  “Victoria-unnie’s such a perfectionist, that’s why.” Sulli gushed, turning beetroot red at the compliment. “She planned everything, from the cut of the dress all the way to my makeup, the hairstyle, the little sequins at the hem to give a slightly sparkly feel…” Sulli lifted her dress, showing Luna the glittery details. “…It’s wonderful to have Victoria-unnie plan this, really. She’s amazing.”

  Luna nodded her head, still captivated by the dress, the veil and pretty much, the entire wedding. “…I look at you and I feel extremely envious. I can’t believe you’re getting married before I am, Sulli. I thought you’d be a kid for life or something…” As Sulli shot her a skeptical gaze, Luna quickly made amends. “…But I’m happy for you.”

  “Aren’t you getting married soon enough as well, unnie?” Sulli tilted her head to the side. “I mean, now that the hoo-ha with Zhou Mi-oppa has dissolved, you’re still going to marry Ryeowook-oppa, aren’t you?”

  “I suppose I will… But I don’t think we’ll have such a grand wedding.” Luna sighed wonderingly. “Ryeowook’s fonder of quiet, small little ceremonies, you see, and I can’t help to be just the slightest bit envious about the grandeur of your wedding… Amazing, stunning, gorgeous, really.”

  “Grandeur doesn’t really matter, does it? The most important thing is that you’ll marry the one you love, and then you’ll be happy.”

  A silky, sweet voice interrupted them both, as they both whipped their heads around to see the beaming and exultant Taemin standing at the doorway. “You’re not supposed to be here!” Luna stood up, giving him a playful swat. “…The groom is only supposed to set his eyes on the bride during the ceremony, and not before it?”

  “Does it matter? I didn’t know you’d be that conservative, Sunyoung.” Taemin mocked her teasingly, pulling out her real name to make a more comical joke.

  Luna whacked him with her purse once more, giggling as she did so. “Looks like I’ll best keep watch on the door just in case Victoria-unnie comes and drags you out by your collar~”

  “Thank you, Luna.”

  “Have fun, you two lovebirds!”

  And the moment she flounced out of the room, they were both overwhelmed by awkward silence. The silence was doubtlessly not uncomfortable, of course. They both felt warm, immensely warm yet pleasantly warm, and the only thing that kept them from beginning their usual conversation, or rather, their usual banter, was the fact that they both didn’t know how to begin complimenting each other.

  “Well, Ssul, you look-“

  “Taem, you’re-“

  They both uttered their words at the same time, in unison. And they both flinched distinctively, gazing at each other for a split-second before quickly shifting their gazes away from each other. Their cheeks were instantly tinted red, and they both felt their palms becoming sweaty, slightly sweaty. But, on the other hand, a certain elation filled them both, elation that made them feel completely blissful.

  “…You look beautiful, Jinri, really, really…beautiful.” Taemin’s words came out as barely audible whispers, despite the way he had attempted to enunciate them. “…But you’re always beautiful…”

  “You look rather dashing yourself, Mr. Lee.” Sulli flushed out of embarrassment, realizing how provocative she had sounded. “… You’re always handsome too… To me you’re the most handsome guy, of course…”

  Taemin’s ears instantly perked up at her soft words. “…The most handsome?”

  “I mean, you are extremely handsome, and you used to have thousands of fans who perceived that you’re the most handsome man on this earth and all. I agree with them, I totally do, but I think you’re handsome inside and out, and you’re just so handsome in every way, I just…” Sulli said it all in one breath, sounding rather nervous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter