fifteen

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

fifteen

 

 

  “Taemin and Sulli are going to be the death of me, I swear.” Jessica frowned as she sipped her orange juice. “…Of all the dates they could choose to have their wedding, they choose a date exactly five months from now.”

  “And so, what’s the problem?” Seohyun’s wore a rather bemused expression, as she looked up from her sewing. “I don’t see what’s wrong to have their wedding five months from now, besides, you’re already five months pregnant – by then, the baby would be out already.”

  “But I’ll still have a saggy stomach, and a few weeks would not be enough for me to get back my toned shape!” Jessica whined, tossing her hair as she flipped through her magazine. “There’s going to be reporters, many reporters, and I’m going to look like some out-of-rehab celebrity instead of the glam-chic I’m supposed to be!”

  “Look at things this way – I’m going to be as fat as a pig during their wedding.” Yoona piped up, trying to sound cheerful. “If there’s anyone going to look un-glam, it’ll be me.”

  Victoria could barely stop herself from rolling her eyes, taking a seat at the kitchen counter. “You girls really have nothing better to talk about, don’t you?”

  “I’d throw in some gossip about Sehun and Krystal, but they’re getting boring nowadays. And when I say boring, I mean seriously boring.” Jessica said airily, leaning over to Seohyun. “Sehun is completely boring, and all Krystal does is whine.”

  “What can I say – being whiny is in your blood, unnie.” Yoona chuckled, earning herself a shove from the irritated Jessica.

  “Hush, you two.” Seohyun sat up straight, shifting her gaze to Victoria. “…Vic-unnie, have you settled things with Zhou Mi-oppa yet?”

  Victoria flinched distinctively, but she quickly maintained her calm composure, feigning a smile. “O-o-of course! Everything’s absolutely fine with us. He’s just rather busy, and we haven’t been talking much and all…But there’s no argument or anything.”

  “You still haven’t talked to him about the fact that he wasn’t present for Parent’s Day?” Seohyun raised an eyebrow.

  “Not yet, but-“

  Yoona’s eyes widened in surprise. “That’s so unlike you, Vic-unnie! You’re usually the first to settle such problems, but now you’re suddenly backing off – why? I mean, if it’s something like that, he should apologize to Huiling. She must have been really, really upset…”

  “Exactly my point.” Seohyun was grateful that Yoona made a reiteration on what she had been trying to say. “Huiling was practically in tears, and she was trying her best to control herself. At such a stage, Vic-unnie, isn’t it immensely important for you to make sure that Zhou Mi-oppa knows what he’s done. Huiling is his only daughter, after all – he should set his priorities straight.”

  “Seohyun, Mi isn’t Kyuhyun, alright? Huiling has him wrapped around her finger, but still, Mi doesn’t devote every second of his life to her.” Victoria knew she barely made any sense, as she vented out her emotions, carelessly hurling out words. “Mi isn’t a kid-obsessed dad, and neither is he a wife-obsessed husband. He’s…I don’t know what he’s obsessed with, but if he;s obsessed with neither his wife nor his child then I don’t think I can change that!”

  She had said it all in one breath, and the other three ladies were taken aback. Victoria was usually the calmest and the most level-headed. She was the one who was usually giving them advice, making sure that they didn’t stray to the wrong path or have the wrong doubts. But this time, she seemed so insecure, so filled with anxiety that she could not even control her own words. It worried the other three, it truly did.

  “You’re right Vic, Mi-oppa isn’t a kid-obsessed dad, but even then, being overly obsessed isn’t good. He’s right in the middle, and it’s the middle that’s more desirable then the both sides of the extreme.” Yoona made an attempt to coax her as she placed an arm on Victoria’s shoulder. “…He’s a good person, and he’s very stable as a person as well.”

  “…You’ve got to talk to him, Vic. If you don’t tell him, you won’t ever know what’s truly going on.” Seohyun was next to give her advice. “It would be the right decision, not just for you, but also for Zhou Mi-oppa and Huiling.”

  Victoria heaved a sigh, forcing a nod. “I suppose you’re right…”

  “Besides, at least he isn’t as boring as Sehun, Sehun doesn’t even do it once a month with Krystal, he’s too occupied with gawd-knows-what than to-“ Jessica threw in some humor.

  Seohyun gave her a wry look. “Being non-erted does not mean he’s boring. Just because you and Jonghyun spend half your married life in the bedroom, does not mean Krystal has to do so too.”

  Jessica shrugged nonchalantly. “Well, we are the iest couple for a reason.”

 

 

  “Jun’s birthday is coming soon.” Sehun remembered suddenly, switching off the television with a start as he turned to his girlfriend. “And oh gosh, it’s in two weeks!” He began excitedly hitting Krystal’s knee softly as he thought about it. “I can’t believe I forgot, I should really do some planning about whether-“

  “Is Jun Luhan-oppa’s kid or yours?” Krystal snapped at him with much agitation. “Geez! It was getting to the robust and romantic part of the soap drama when you just had to mention him!”

  “I can’t help it – he is my godson after all.” Sehun beamed with pride.

  “Tch. He doesn’t even like you that much.” Krystal scoffed.

  Sehun took no notice in her tactless insult, just like the way he was usually immune to all her harsh words. “…He doesn’t like you either.”

  “Well, that’s a relief. I’m not good with kids anyway.”

  “And you say that with pride?” Sehun mocked her, smirking as he did so. “Someone was whining about how she wanted a diamond ring to magically appear on her finger. Someone was ranting about wishing her dream wedding would come true. Someone was yelling about the fact that she needed to get married before she could have kids – Admit it, Krystal Jung, you still want  a kid no matter what you say right now.” Sehun triumphed.

  Krystal gave him a sharp nudge as he roared in laugh, very much irritated at his smooth manner of saying such taunting words. “Oh Sehun, you complete arse. Who’s fault do you think it is? Why do you think I would rant so much if it wasn’t for the fact that you’re such a blithering idiot who can’t even force out a damned proposal?!”

  “Proposals have to be meant from the heart.” Sehun said a-matter-of-factly.

  Krystal was immediately riled up as she picked up a pillow from the couch, whacking him with it. “You stupid, stupid, stupid Oh Sehun! Isn’t that just another fricking way to tell me that you don’t love me?! No wonder we still don’t even live together. Good lord, what am I thinking? Why am I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter