eighteen

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

eighteen

 

 

  “Ivory or crème?”

  Victoria challenged, holding up two identical napkins, causing the ladies around her to furrow their brows, as if the choice was extremely difficult. All of them were deeply in thought, considering the color, the embroidered design and the possible matching with the rest of the tableware, all of the ladies except Krystal, that is.

  Krystal raised an eyebrow skeptically, barely interested. “…They’re both white. What’s the difference?”

  Jessica stopped herself from stomping her foot in anger, since her belly had grown quite a bit, having that month being the six month of her pregnancy. “Both are definitely not white, Soojung! Can’t you see the tinge of beige and brown on both? The color and the design are completely different!”

  “Whatever. They both just look like rag cloth to me.”

  “Are you even a girl?” Jessica snapped, out of frustration.

  Victoria held up her hands, in an attempt to calm them both. “Now, now… Cool down. We just have to pick either one of these colors, and our tableware planning is done. We can check one item off our one-mile-long list, and I think that would be quite a relief for us already.” Victoria used her usual method of being reasonable to maintain the peace.

  “Shouldn’t we wait for Sulli’s opinion?” Yoona tilted her head to the side.

  Victoria shook her head vehemently. “No, absolutely not! I’ve been that girl’s group leader for several years, long enough to know how indecisive she can be! Ask her for her opinion on this, and-“

  “We’ll all be screwed.” Krystal finished the sentence in a solemn manner. “She takes hours to choose what socks she’ll be wearing to sleep. Don’t even talk about napkins, she’ll probably take decades.” Flipping her hair, Krystal reached for the champagne glass, taking a sip. “…We might as well settle the champagne list as well.”

  It was Yoona’s turn to refuse Krystal, though saying her words in a very sweet manner. “Sorry Krys, I promised the guys that they would get a say in the drink list.”

  “…Why would they get to pick the drinks for the wedding?” Krystal was flabbergasted. “I mean, they barely know what they’re drinking half the time. I can bet with you if I blindfolded Sehun and made him drink two different liquids, he wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between club soda and dishwater.”

  Jessica gave her sister a light whack. “Seriously, Soojung? Sehun won’t be that thick-headed. Don’t over-exaggerate, if Sehun heard this he’d probably be really upset.”

  “He hurts nothing and is hurt by nothing.” Krystal said nonchalantly.

  “…Young love.” Amusement glittered upon Victoria’s face, as she smirked, leaning back on the chair. “I miss those times – you had to think about almost nothing, worry about petty things, and all day long you could just spout cheesy love lines to each other without anyone calling you a sappy cheeseball.”

  Seohyun was startled. “You still have not reconciled with Mi-oppa, Vic-unnie?”

  Victoria could only heave a sigh. “Reconciliation isn’t just about words, you know.”

  “But still, you should.” Seohyun began her lecture. “It’s really not good for a young girl to be away from her father too long, and Huiling is still at a very tender age, Victoria. Even if you yourself are not willing to bow your head down, at least make an effort to fill the gap between you and Mi-oppa, for the sake of Huiling – she’s being strong enough as it is.”

  Jessica applauded, rather entertained. “…And the perfect mommy Seohyun comes to the rescue.”

  “Sica-unnie, don’t be so insensitive!” Seohyun criticized, beginning her ‘righteous’ advice-giving once more. “Anyway, Huiling is mature well beyond her age. She does not have many requests or many complaints, and it can be seen that she gives much respect to the parents that raised her…You’d best take one step for her as well, Vic-unnie.”

  Victoria fidgeted uncomfortably, knowing what Seohyun had said was true. It had been way more than a month, stretching almost to two months, of which she had been away from her husband. She knew, from Kyuhyun’s little slip of the mouth, that Zhou Mi had been seeing Huiling in secret. Of course, she did not mind, but then again, she knew such a dispute could not last forever. She was just unsure of how to mend a tear that was just a little too far.

  “Why not you get Kyu-oppa to speak with Mi-oppa?” Yoona suggested courteously, and also out of concern for Victoria. “I mean, men usually can reveal a little more when they’re with each other…”

  “Kyu tried that quite long ago already, but apparently, well…” Seohyun hesitated, seeing that Victoria was still listening. “…Anyway, relationships are not things that should be interfered in by outsiders. Couples should solve it among themselves, and that way, the dispute will end up strengthening the relationship instead of tearing it apart.” 

  Krystal leaned towards Seohyun, looking at her dryly. “You should have just become some love psychiatrist. Trust me, you’d be earning a lot of money, and I’d be your most frequent client, unnie.”

  “And that’s precisely the reason why I wouldn’t want to be a psychiatrist – constantly listening to your love problems, Krystal, plus the fact that you won’t listen to any advice, I’d probably die of exasperation.” Seohyun teased jovially, making Krystal pout.

  “Even with the current rants, I’m already overwhelmed.” Jessica added on.

  And as the ladies laughed and joked, a figure arrived at the doorway of the shop, seeming rather flustered as she rushed in, smoothening her long, dark hair. Carrying several bags in her arms, she hurried towards them, successfully getting their attention as she took a seat.

  “Sorry I’m late, sorry I’m late!” Sulli muttered as she rummaged through her purse for her lip gloss, to soothe her chapped lips. “There were quite a bit of things I needed to settle-“

  “Just in time though, Ssul.” Victoria was grateful the topic of her personal problems was ended, holding up the napkins once more.”Ivory or crème?”

  “…You’re discussing about the tableware?”

  “Of course, Ssul. Then why did you think we’d come, if not to make arrangements for your wedding?”

  Krystal raised a hand. “I just came to join in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter