thirteen

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

thirteen

 

 

  “What a ruckus.” Jessica commented as she flipped through the morning newspaper, whilst sipping her cup of coffee. “…Everyone’s having so much drama going on between them, and it just keeps on going on in one big circle. It’s quite vicious though, if you look at the cycle.”

  Jonghyun shrugged lazily as he brushed his hand over his son’s cheek. “I don’t know. It’s none of my business. As long as me, you and Jeongmin are not involved in all that crap, I really couldn’t care less.”

  Jessica rolled her eyes. “Lazy pig.”

  “I’m not a pig!” Jonghyun said defensively. “I’m just being a rational, sensible husband, unlike some crazy guys who just care about their bedroom activity and discard all other important matters! I am very, very, very responsible, Jung Sooyeon.”

  “Just because you declared that you’d take Jeongmin to school today, does not make you a completely responsible father.” Jessica seethed. “…And speaking about bedroom activity, if you were the sort who doesn’t care for it, your wife would not end up pregnant again.” Jessica muttered sarcastically, standing up and heading towards the kitchen to pack Jeongmin’s lunch.

  Jonghyun blushed awkwardly, his gaze still inverted on his wife. “Aww, Sica, it’s been nearly four months through your pregnancy and you’re still egging me on that?”

  “I’m not exactly ready, Jonghyun!” Jessica said in exasperation. “The initial thoughts were rather positive since I probably wanted to have more kids, but then again, to undergo the whole birth process once more, to have my insides ripped out… It’s not exactly pleasant to think about that.” Jessica grimaced at the thought of it.

  “I’m not ready either.” Jonghyun added on.

  “Why would you not be ready? All you have to do is-“

  “-tolerate your mood swings, clean the baby’s bum, get my hard-earned paycheck spent on scented wet wipes and diapers, and plus there’s the fact that I won’t actually get any sleep.” Jonghyun finished her sentence.

  She threw him a dry look. “You are really a lazy pig. If only you took lessons from Luhan or Kyuhyun-“

  “The last time I saw Kyuhyun, his daughter had peed on his pants and Luhan? Don’t even get me started on what a cheeseball he is. All he wants is to get under his wife’s pants, and he’s a completely kid-obsessed dad.” Jonghyun defended himself once more, speaking rather proudly.

  “…You know what? I change my statement – you’re a mean, lazy and erted pig.” Jessica frowned, shutting Jeongmin’s lunchbox.

  “Okay, but still, all the facts I said was right, right?”

  “Geez, can you stop talking back whenever I say something?”

  “That’s because you always put me down!”

  “I do not always put you down! You act like an immature three year old kid-“

  “Daddy? Mommy?” Little Jeongmin’s voice interrupted their childish argument, as he stared at them with an innocent look. “…Can I ask you something?”

  Jessica smoothened her hair, throwing Jonghyun one more furious glare before giving her son a warm gaze. “Yes, Jeongmin?”

  “…Why does Uncle Luhan want to get under Auntie Yoona’s pants? Does she pee in her pants too? And what is bedroom activity?”

  Once again, Jessica gave Jonghyun an infuriated glare as he laughed sheepishly.

 

 

  “I’m going to start trying on wedding dresses next week.”

  Sulli made a declaration as she flounced into the living room, with a towel wrapped around her wet hair. She flopped on the couch, next to Taemin and Minho, who were deeply engrossed in their video game, and had not been bothered to give her a response. In a huff, she reached towards the power plugs, and with much force, she pulled it straight out, causing both boys to yelp as the television screen became pitched black.

  “What the-“

  “Spare the vulgarities Minho, it’s my Sunday, my weekend and my house – you get out.” Sulli was commanding as she left the plug on the ground, throwing Minho a rather furious gaze.

  “I was just going to win a triple crown!” Minho run his fingers through his hair in frustration. “Don’t you have better plugs to pull out, Ssul? You could start with your brain plugs, you know, I would appreciate that so damned much.”

  “That is so mean! You’re such a meanie!” She shifted her glare to Taemin. “He’s such a meanie, isn’t he?”

  “Oh gawd, Taem, she’s a bossy nutcase, isn’t she?” Minho rebutted her.

  Taemin sat there, caught in between the arguing two. One was his best friend, and the other was his future wife, and he did not know which side was better to stand at. Especially since the both of them were immensely close to him, both morally and emotionally, and then there was the fact that he would either get pummeled by Minho or get disfigured by Sulli if he made a choice, so then again…

  “…You’re both very wonderful people.” Taemin offered assurance to both.

  “Geez.” Sulli frowned as she propped her legs on his knees. “…Anyway, like I was saying, before this pig-headed idiot started arguing, I’m going to try on wedding dresses the week after next week, so clear your schedule and come with me, alright?”

  “We haven’t even set the date yet, though…” Taemin contemplated the thought for a moment. “We’ll just figure out the date and the venue by this week, and next week I’ll accompany you.” He readily complied with her request.

  “You’re absolutely wonderful, sweetheart, thank you!” Sulli smiled as she gave her boyfriend a loving kiss on the cheek.

  Taemin grinned bashfully. “No worries.”

  Minho gaped at them, aghast and disgusted. “You two are such saps.”

  “You, you’re a very lonely man, Choi Minho.” Sulli refuted him, as she gave him a wry gaze. “Can’t you stop invading the romance of others, and get yourself in a proper relationship, so you can become a sap as well?”

  “Ha-ha funny – No.” He said flatly. “I can live without women in my life, thank you.”

  “…That’s like saying you can live without your .” Sulli said tactlessly as she narrowed her eyes at him. “You know what? I’m going to make sure to have a long list of single women attending the wedding so you won’t bother me with your hypocritical little comments.”

  He gave her a wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter