two

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

two

 

 

“Oh no… This is the fifth batch already!”

  Victoria’s exclamation was rather dismal, as her eyes fell upon the tray of burnt brownies that she had just taken out of the oven. She could not help but frown as she set the tray on the kitchen counter, along with the products of her past four attempts to make the perfect chocolate brownies. But yes, they were attempts, after all, and she knew that they could be easily described as atrocious.

  “There was too much flour this time, Vic, and you always set the timer too long.” Kyuhyun advised her in a rather naggy tone, as he sat at the dining table of her house. “And you’re supposed to whip the batter gently, gently, gently-“

  “Shut up, Cho Kyuhyun.” Victoria shot him a furious glare as she flung her spatula into the sink. “I wouldn’t have started making these if it weren’t for you. Come on, you know that I can’t make this sort of stuff – all I cook is Chinese food. Can’t you make Seohyun do this for you?”

  “I told you, didn’t I, Vic?” Kyuhyun’s tone was of much annoyance. “Seohyun wanted me to be able to settle Seonjung’s matter on my own, and besides, if I get Seohyun to make the brownies, Seonjung will realize that it’s her mother’s cooking… And yeah, well, you get it.”

  “It is doubtless that your daughter has inherited your intelligence, Kyu.” Yoona piped up, as she walked over to the kitchen, carrying Jun in her arms. “To think that little Seonjung’s making the undefeatable Cho Kyuhyun so helpless, I must say that she’s pretty amazing.”

  Kyuhyun turned bright red with embarrassment. “…All daddies will act the same way as I do, she is my daughter, and I do love her.” He stepped over to her and cooed Jun. “Jun-Jun, I’m Uncle Kyuhyun, can you say it? Un-kel-kyu-hyun?” He said his words slowly and clearly, whilst holding Jun’s hand.

  “Mama.” Jun pointed at Kyuhyun, hugging his mother tightly at the same time. “…He’s funny.”

  As Victoria roared in laughter, Kyuhyun scoffed. “…Geez.”

  “Sorry Kyu, even though he’s young, Jun’s rather fond of acting cool.” Yoona chuckled softly as she bounced little Jun. “…Jun-ah, you have to be more polite to Uncle Kyuhyun, okay?”

  Jun did not say a word, and Kyuhyun’s frown deepened. “Why does it seem like I’m absolutely horrible with all the kids? Seonjung’s angry at me, Huiling hates me, and now even Jun doesn’t acknowledge me as an uncle.” Kyuhyun complained loudly as he flopped back on his seat.

  “For firsts, Kyu, you should have been more loving to Seonjung. She’s young, and such feelings are easily evoked if she senses even the slightest bit of biased-ness.” Victoria began her usual preaching. “…And I don’t think Huiling hates you, Kyu. I think Huiling is just slightly pissed that you always into the games and she ends up losing because of you.”

  “It’s just casual fun!” Kyuhyun said defensively.

  Victoria rolled her eyes. “…You should take parenting lessons from Yunho-oppa or Luhan.”

  Just then, a thought cam to Kyuhyun’s mind, and he whipped his head around to look at Yoona, leveling his gaze on Jun. “Speaking of parenting, where’s the perfect daddy Luhan? Work ended early today – why isn’t he here with Jun?”

  “…Last night was the third time this week that Jun wanted me to read him a bedtime story, instead of Han.” Yoona chortled as she her son’s hair. “Han got rather pissed off, and he childishly refused to talk to Jun. And Jun, the usual cool boy, made it look like not talking to his father didn’t make much of a difference. So yes, for now they’re having a cold war.”

  Victoria’s eyes widened. “Seriously? Isn’t Jun especially attached to Luhan too?”

  “Han can go a little… overboard, at times – Daddy love.” Yoona stifled a laugh. “But it’ll be better soon, petty fights like this don’t last long.”

  “Oh yeah?” Kyuhyun was curious. “Who usually wins?”

  “Jun, of course.”

  “Why?”

  More laughter escaped Yoona’s mouth as she thought about it. “Though Han is cool and calm in front of everyone, he becomes like a little kid in front of his own child. He’s an obsessive father who loves his kid too much, and it results in Jun being rather cool for his age.”

  Victoria shook her head with a smile, tossing her burnt brownies into the trash. “That doesn’t sound like the usual Luhan we know… But well, men change after having kids. Even Ling-ling has her daddy wrapped tightly around her finger- Oh, here they come now.”

  “Thank goodness Huiling and Seonjung go to the same kindergarten.” Kyuhyun took a deep breath.

  With that, the door was slowly pushed open, revealing a striking man, holding the hands of two little girls as they joyfully skipped in through the door. Huiling ran into her mother’s arms right away, but Seonjung stood rooted at her spot the moment she caught Kyuhyun’s eye. Appearing behind Zhou Mi was the rather apprehensive Luhan, who could barely suppress his emotions when he set his eyes on his son.

  “Jun~!” In a few seconds, he ran straight to Yoona, taking Jun into his arms. “Jun, Jun, Jun, Daddy’s sorry, Daddy’s sorry!” Luhan was practically wailing in apology as he hugged his son tightly, leaving the other two men and the little girls rather bewildered.

  And what did little Jun do? He just shot a cool look at his mother, whilst doing a ‘V’ sign with his fingers. Yoona nearly did a facepalm. “See what I mean?” She sighed, as she turned to Victoria.

  “He’s got your choding genes, Yoong.”

 

 

  “And yes, Man-U scored!”

  “Shut up and turn the damn volume down, Jeongmin’s sleeping!” Jonghyun hissed at Minho, whilst wiping the table. “I told you guys not to come during the afternoons, what the heck are you doing here?”

  “Nicole went for a pedicure.” Key began.

  “Sulli went back to the amusement park with Sehun and Krystal.” Taemin was next.

  “Tiffany went shopping with Jessica.” Onew mused.

  “… And I’m alone.”

  Minho’s words were rather sheepish, but at the same time, he tried to sound ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter