five

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

five

 

 

“Would you like banana milk?”

  “No. I hate banana milk.”

  “Would you like normal milk?”

  “No. I hate milk.”

  “…Then would you like a banana?”

  “I hate bananas.”

  “Lee Taemin!”

  Krystal cried out in total frustration as Taemin turned down her every offer, though she was trying her best to be courteous and patient. He was being purposefully obstinate, and she was well-aware of that. She was completely exasperated by his relentless demeanor, but she knew she had to keep purging forward if she wanted to acquire what she needed to acquire.

  “Krys, there’s no point trying to sway me, because it’s not going to work.” Taemin was still immensely adamant, and he showed no sign of possible retaliation. “…I know why you asked me to come over, and tough luck – I’m going to tell you nothing.”

  “Come on, Taem.” Krystal pleaded, trying to be persuasive. “Even my own sister won’t tell me. I know this matter concerns Sulli in some way, and if you don’t tell me, I’ll still find out. And by then, I’ll take it that you sided with them, and I will not forgive you.” She changed her tactic, sounding as if she was threatening him.

  Taemin let out a bitter laugh. “Go ahead, it’s none of my business anyway, so I’ll still be politically correct.”

  Krystal flopped on the sofa with much dissatisfaction. “Why are you even doing this, Taemin?”

  “Doing what?”

  “You’re protecting Sehun, and you’re trying to cover for Sulli as well.” Krystal sighed heavily. “I have an inkling, and I can tell that something’s really wrong. You’re all just covering everything up so I won’t blow up and create a big fuss of it all. And I don’t get why you’d protect the both of them, especially when you’re supposed to be the affected party as well.”

  “Sulli’s my girlfriend, of course I’d protect her.” Taemin was firm.

  “You only think you’re protecting her.” Krystal, despite her being rather disgruntled by his replies, she persevered on. “The truth’s not going to stay hidden forever, Taemin. There are some truths that will just hurt people more, as times passes. The longer you keep the secret, the more it will just hurt more when it does get revealed. And by then it’s going to be late… Is that what you want to happen?”

  “And so, by knowing the truth, is it going to make you feel any better?” Taemin challenged contemptuously. “You think that everything’s going to be all rosy when you do know the truth?”

  “No.” Krystal was unyielding. “…But knowing the truth is the only way the problem is going to be solved. Now what everyone’s doing is just running around in circles, and nothing, absolutely nothing will come to a compromise, nothing will be set in stone and nothing will be resolved.”

  She was right and he knew that all too well. He knew that by being weak, and by fearing to hurt others with the truth, the solution to the problem would just become more and more complex with each passing day. She was strong, too strong and too forceful, or at least, that was what she tried to be, and he had been worried that both she and Sulli would be wounded by the truth. But she was right, too right – the more he hesitated, the more hurt he would inflict on them.

  “…Did Sehun… ever like Sulli?” Krystal posed the question slowly, carefully, deliberately.

  Taemin cleared his throat uncomfortably. “…For the record, I like banana milk.”

  She knew the answer.

 

 

  “This is ridiculous.” Yoona mused, as she pushed the grocery cart down through one of the aisles in the supermarket. “…I didn’t ask any of you to come and help me – which one of those twelve idiots ratted me out?”

  Jessica chuckled softly as she linked her arm with Yoona’s. “Come on, Yoong-ah, you can’t expect us not to help you when you’re set to cook a meal for twelve guys. That’s a heckload of groceries to do!”

  “I can’t believe you seriously agreed to cooking for them all, Yoona.” Seohyun began her usual lectures. “It’s very time-consuming, and I don’t think that Luhan should be leaving all the responsibilities on your shoulders, especially when you’re busy with many other things.”

  Yoona was slightly stung by Seohyun’s words, especially how Seohyun could mention her husband so easily. No doubt she had forgotten not a single detail from the conversation that had taken place many nights before. “I’m the one who offered to cook for them, Seo-ah. They all do want to see Jun, and it makes me feel comfortable to know that they’ll be coming over instead of going out to other places.”

  “…Yoona, you’ll be stressed.” Victoria was sincerely concerned.

  “It’s alright.” Yoona took a deep breath, then put up a smile. “I’m used to this. When I got married, I knew I would also be hitching myself to those twelve guys, in one way or another. Be it younger or older, they’re like my brothers, and it’s an obligation to care for them. One meal… isn’t much.”

  Jessica heaved a sigh. “It’s things like this that will make you tired- no, it’s things like this that will make other people tired, out of worry for you.”

  “Worry about yourself, Jessica Jung.” Yoona chortled as she patted her unnie’s head. “You’re pregnant again, and I can’t believe it. I thought you hated little kids.”

  “I thought you were definitely going to marry a Korean.” Jessica shot back.

  Yoona shrugged. “…Things change.”

  “Obviously.”

  “Choi Jinri!”

  They heard a pattering of loud footsteps, and all five girls turn to see a very furious looking Krystal stomping up to them. Sulli, who had been quiet throughout the whole conversation, shrunk back in fear, cowering behind Victoria when she saw Krystal charging up towards them, knowing exactly what was going to happen. It was what she had dreaded, for a very long time, but safe to say, it was not something she did not expect.

  Jessica winced. “…Oh boy.”

 

  “Choi Jinri, how could you?”

  Sulli flinched back, desiring very much to retaliate, but she knew she could not admit defeat from the beginning. “I swear I knew nothing until recently… I didn’t mean to, and I didn’t know… I really didn’t know what I was doing.”

  “What do you mean – you didn’t know? Seriously, Sulli? Seriously?” Krystal was roaring in anger, causing many onlookers to listen in on their heated argument. “After so many years, you’re telling me that you never once had a single feeling that maybe, just maybe, Oh Sehun was craz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter