four

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

four

 

 

  “No.”

  “But noona, I-“

  “No.” Yoona denied his request sternly, as she pushed the shopping cart along. “Absolutely not, Oh Sehun. It’s enough that Jessica-unnie is forever running to me when she and Jjong-oppa fight, and then Tiffany, Tiffany just gave birth last week. There’s no way I’d be able to manage if you move in.”

  Sehun sighed in exasperation, stopping her by shifting in front of the cart. “I’ll pay rent, I’ll do free baby-sitting, and I’ll help you to do the house chores! Please noona, please.” He was pleading her desperately, clinging to the end of the cart.

  “Han would kill me if I left his precious son in the care of someone else – he won’t even let me send him to childcare centres, not even the expensive ones where there are professionals.” Yoona was becoming impatient. “…I don’t even know what’s going on, Sehun. You know I can’t permit such a thing.”

  “Look Yoona, I’m the kid’s godfather and you’re practically my sister-in-law, I’ll explain the situation to you fully if you’d let me move in.” Sehun tried to negotiate with her.

  “Oh yeah?” Yoona placed her hands on her hips as she threw her gaze at Krystal, who was at the confectionary section in the supermarket introducing Jun to the different brands of candies. “…Tell me then.”

  “Right now?”

  “Yup, right now.”

  Sehun heaved a sigh once more, then inhaled slowly. “I think there’s something wrong, noona. There’s just something out of place. I love Krystal, but I can hardly bear to see Sulli. I need to think on my own, and make my own decisions for who I truly want in my life.”

  Yoona felt rather stressed, at a loss of what to say. “Sehun, you know this doesn’t concern me. I know that you need your own time to think, but can’t you stay in your own home? You’re living with neither of them, Sehun. You’re living on your own. And then again, why… why our home?”

  “Because there are always traces of the both of them in the house. I can’t…” His grip on the cart tightened. “I only told the both of you about all that’s happened.” Sehun tried to smile. “…When EXO was promoting, I was closest to Luhan-hyung, and we would’ve become a couple if you didn’t come in and wreck his mind up.” He made an attempt to joke, only earning himself a sharp whack from Yoona.

  Yoona threw him a withering look. “I did not wreck Han’s mind, Sehun.” She frowned, then let out a sigh, in defeat. “…Fine. Two weeks, that’s all you get.”

  “Thank you, Noona!” Sehun grinned in relief, just about to hug her. “I promise that I won’t be a bother, really, and I promise I won’t accidentally peep into one of your little nights with Luhan-hyung-“

  “You ert!” Yoona threw another whack at him. “Not all couples have relationships that are PG-13, unlike you.”

  “I was just saying maybe-“

  “Say another word and I’ll tell Krystal everything.”

  “…Yes ma’am.”

 

 

  “Here, two fish burgers, and one tofu burger, with extra veggies and I asked them for no mayonnaise, no vinaigrette and they definitely re-cooked the meat patty with olive oil.” Kyuhyun announced grandly, as he stepped over towards his wife and his children.

  Seohyun raised an eyebrow. “...There’s barbeque sauce inside?”

  “Nope. You’ve repeated a billion and one times about how you think it’s unhealthy.”

  Seohyun sighed in relief as she reached towards her burger, and the two girls took it as a cue to eat as well. It was the weekend, and Kyuhyun had consented to take his family to the amusement park, since Seonjung had been ranting for it for weeks. It was a rare treat to eat fast food, and they only ate it that very day, because there was no other restaurant in the amusement park to have lunch – Seohyun was very particular.

  Within five minutes, little Seonjung had wolfed down half of her burger. “Eat slowly, Seonjung, you’re going to choke-“ Seohyun paused abruptly as she glanced over at her daughter’s burger, then threw a dangerous look at Kyuhyun. “…You remembered all the details for my burger, but you didn’t do the same for your daughter’s burgers?!” Seohyun screeched.

  Kyuhyun frantically tried to calm down his wife. “Seohyun, don’t worry! In fact, chill. It’s the weekend, and they eat fast food like… once a year! A little more oil and a little less veggies won’t kill them!” Kyuhyun winked at his daughters, as he tried to use an excuse.

  Huffing as she sat down again, she shifted her furious gaze at her daughters. “…Just this once.”

  Little Yeonjung beamed. “…Mommy, it’s yummy.”

  Kyuhyun’s face lighted up as if he had won the lottery. “You see, Seohyun, you see? This food is something Yeonjung will actually eat quickly without you having to wait for one hour for her to finish!” Yeonjung’s words had justified his argument. “That’s why, you shouldn’t deprive them of their rights to eat fast food, after all, they are-“

  “Oh you shut up, Cho Kyuhyun.” Seohyun frowned. “Even Huiling eats less fast food than Seonjung and Yeonjung!”

  “That’s because Victoria’s the craziest health freak on the face of the earth!” Kyuhyun was defensive. “They eat vegetables for every meal, and Huiling’s lunchbox is full of carrot sticks and whatnot. Look at her; she’s as skinny as a pole! It’s like she’s on a diet though she’s only four.”

  “…Are you implying that I’m crazy just because I care for our daughters’ health?”

  Kyuhyun found himself waving his hands in denial once more, struggling to calm Seohyun. “No! No, no, no… I mean, Victoria can be rather eccentric at times, but I know you’re doing your best with our daughters’ interests at heart…” He knew he had to change his tactic, so he gave his wife a puppy-dog look. “…I love you, Seo-baby.”

  Whilst Yeonjung was rather confused, Seonjung, despite being bemused, took her father’s cue and gave her mother a cute aegyo-look as well. “I love you too, mommy.”

  “Ha-ha funny. Cho Kyuhyun, you aren’t going to use our daughters as an excuse to be able to eat more fast food.” Seohyun smirked. “…Fat chance.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter