sixteen

If SMTown Moved On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

sixteen

 

 

  Jonghyun heaved a deep sigh as he passed through the threshold with his coat in his hands. As his eyes fell upon a lone cup of water that was left on the table, he smiled as he took a sip from in, before setting it back at it’s original position. Tiptoeing carefully, he pushed the bedroom door softly, making sure not to create noise, not even a single bit of-

  “…And why are you so late?” Jessica had her hands on her hips, standing at the doorway, and evidently she had been waiting for him to return.

  Busted. He smiled sheepishly as he slugged to the desk in their bedroom, placing his bag on the swivel chair. “It was work-“

  “Do not tell me that you had a work overload – I hate that excuse.” Jessica interrupted him, grumbling at him as she sighed as well. “It’s one of the most disgusting and irritable excuses that a husband could give his wife.”

  “I have never given that excuse.”

  “That’s the point – don’t give me such an excuse now.” Jessica was agitated, acting in a rather heck-care manner, as she flicked her hair when she turned, stepping towards the bed. “Tell me the truth – why are you late?”

  Jonghyun let out a small laugh, then chuckling in defeat as he took a seat next to his wife. “Work’s been crazy lately, and we guys wanted to get our head off things, so we went to the karaoke to rest our minds.”

  Jessica nodded her head vehemently, still unfazed. “…Okay, what else did you do?”

  “That’s it.”

  “That’s it?” Her eyes widened.

  His expression contorted into one of confusion. “What were you expecting?”

  “I don’t know…” She shrugged, as she went deep in thought. “Guys have erted minds, and since you’re one of those y pigs, I figured that you’d be hanging out at a strip club, some cheap motel or that stylish new nightclub.”

  He gave her a withering look. “You’re incorrigible, Sica. With one, no, soon-to-be two kids already, and you’re still suspicious of your husband?” He flinched, looking rather hurt. “That sure is a nice way to define our marriage.”

  “You were immensely famous for being playboy, Kim Jonghyun. Before we got married, every single one of your members warned me more than five times to be careful, because you’ve got a very unpredictable train of thought.” Jessica reminded him. “I still have my rights to have doubts here and then, right?”

  “But you don’t have to phrase it in that way, you know.

  Jessica shrugged her shoulders furtively once more as she stood up. “Well, you’re a blockhead and a horrible liar anyway, so if you had an affair, lied or did any of that shame-worthy acts, I’d be able to find out fast enough…” She leaned towards him, taking a whiff of his jacket. “At least you reek of alcohol and not another woman’s perfume – that’s good enough for me.”

  As his wife said her words in a very nonchalant manner, he smiled. It was not that she did not care, or that she was an insensitive person, but rather, his wife had always been strong. Despite the fact that she had a cold exterior, she had her kindness within her, and she had always been tough about that kindness. Not a single thing could topple her down, but in any situation, she would always spare him that kindness, a kindness that he wondered, could truly be qualified to be kindness, but still, he considered it as kindness, care and love.

  “You’re the prettiest and sweetest smelling girl for me, Sica.” Jonghyun said earnestly.

  “…You’re handsome, but you stink right now.” She pointed at the bathroom commandingly. “Go take a bath before I shove you in the bathtub along with your alcohol-stinking jacket.”

  “…Yes sweetheart.” Jonghyun was defeated once more.

 

 

  “I don’t know whether to be jealous, apprehensive or taken aback by all of this, Vic-unnie.”

  Seohyun raised her eyebrows, completely amused. “Yoona, I don’t see why you’ve got to be jealous, apprehensive or taken aback.”

  “Well…” Yoona mused as she took a sip of coffee. “…First and foremost, I’m completely jealous because the last time I had a dispute with Luhan, I came to your place, and now with this little strife between you and Mi-oppa, you run straight to Seohyun… Am I that unreliable as a friend?”

  Seohyun gave Yoona a sharp nudge. “Now’s not the time to make jokes, Yoong. Vic-unnie can’t possibly go to your home when she’s bringing Huiling with her. Despite the fact that Huiling’s only three and soon will be four, she is a girl and Jun is a boy.”

  “You say that like they’ll actually be dating each other someday.” Yoona scoffed, frowning as she folded her arms. “Well unlike Seonjung and Yeonjung, Jun is as tame as a deer – like me. Seonjung and Yeonjung are like wild hares who threaten to rip their prey into bits!”

  Seohyun chuckled as she shrugged. “They have their father’s genes, after all.”

  “I heard that!” Kyuhyun shouted, as he entered the kitchen, of where the women were chattering, carrying along his two little daughters. “…As far as I’m concerned, Jun’s a wimp.”

  “He’s a intelligent boy with a softer, less wild personality.” Yoona said smoothly, at the same time rather defensively as she glared at Kyuhyun with daggers in her eyes. “He’s just reserved, which also means he’s extremely, extremely mature for his age, and-“

  Seohyun promptly interrupted Yoona before she began flaunting about her son once more. “Alright, alright… Yoong-unnie, you were saying something about being apprehensive and taken aback?”

  “Oh yes!” Seohyun’s words had successfully diverted Yoona’s attention away from the sensitive talk of children. “I mean, I’m apprehensive because you shouldn’t be doing such things, Vic-unnie… Mi-oppa is a really good person, and I’m sure he wouldn’t do anything to hurt you. And I’m taken aback because you were lecturing me about being away from home for a couple of weeks, and now look at you – it’s nearing a month, Vic-unnie! This is extreme!”

  Victoria let out a sigh, a sigh of which she had been suppressing for some time. “The situation itself is extreme, Yoona.” She spoke up, words coming out of for the first time in the entire duration of the conversation, for she had been keeping silent the entire time. “…I mean, it’s really serious this time. It isn’t a petty fight, nor is it just my suspicions. I saw proof with my own two eyes!”

  “Vic-unnie, even with all that stuff you observed, you can’t seriously be considering that he’s actually having an affair, right?”

  “It’s actually a possibility, Yoong-unnie.” Seohyun pointed out in a rational manner. “I mean, she smelled an unfamiliar scent on his clothing not once, but many times, and also singularly on one piece of clothing. She mentioned there was a pink stain on his clothing as well, the pink that she doesn’t use. He’s been coming home unnaturally late, and he even missed out his only daughter’s event that he promised to go to. And worst of all, where’s his wedding ring?”

  Pain shot through Victoria. “…He didn’t even tell me where it was.”

  “But still…” Yoona was persistent. “…I know these things can cause wild thoughts to roam freely around your mind, and it’s definitely not something to be taken lightly, but then again, Mi-oppa isn’t that sort of a person. He just isn’t.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter