Memories 7

Forever and Always : A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Aira got up as usual to go to school; nothing has changed since she last saw Kai. She only took a nibble out of her breakfast and drank down her hot chocolate, the house wasn’t as cheerful as it was before because this new her was definitely far more quiet and she was awkward with people.

 

 

Once she arrived at school; Aira took a step out and the sight of couples sitting with each other caught her eyes as there were tons of them and she slightly wondered why. She didn’t stop by her locker because she doesn’t need to take anything from there and once she reached her desk, she stared at it.

 

 

“Good morning Princess.” Da Hae smiled

“You’re here.”

“Hey, just because I graduated already; doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to step in here.” she grinned

“What’s this for? Is it my birthday? I already remembered them but…”

“No silly, it’s Valentine’s Day and those gifts are certainly not from me or Ji Eun.” she motions to the mountain of gifts on your desk

“Valentine’s Day? But why would anyone give me these?”

“Aha, because they wanna be your valentine?” she chuckles “Apparently Ji Eun has found hers and me; as a responsible best friend of yours shall sit here to explain to you everything.”

Aira placed her bag down and sat on her seat but she couldn’t see the front because of the presents “Why do they wanna be my valentine? I don’t even know anything.”

“Because you’re Aira, you’re you, they like you, isn’t that obvious?”

She hesitated for a moment “Then what am I supposed to do with these?”

“Well, you usually thank them when you see them in the hallways or something and smile, but you won’t accept any of them as your valentine because you don’t love any of them for real.” she answers

“That sounds like me.”

“Of course it does.” she smiled “Did you get them also?”

“They sent them to my house.” she shrugs

“What are you doing here today?”

“I wanted to accompany you.” she replies “Okay okay, you got me, Ji Eun felt guilty she couldn’t meet up with you because of her valentine so she ask me to replace her instead. I’m not gonna be here forever so don’t worry, I’ll leave before the class starts.”

“I see.”

“Hey…”

Aira turns to look at her “Hmm?”

“Just try to be happy.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Aira, everyone misses your smile. Your happiness, is theirs.”

 

 

--

 

 

Studies went as usual and a girl with a basket filled with fresh roses came inside the class; she started to pass around the roses according to the list of names she was referring to. She stopped at Aira’s desk’s and placed one, two, three, four and five red roses before leaving her table.

 

 

“You never fail to receive them every year.” Ji Eun whispered

“Really? I do? What’s so charming about me?”

“Everything, you’re this girl that guys love and girls envy. You’re Cho Aira, you never tried to fit in because you were made to stand out. We became friends because you helped me get out of my shells.” she smiled sheepishly

“I did?”

“Yeah, I’m grateful to have a best friend like you.”

Aira stared at her roses for a while and looks at Ji Eun “Ji Eun-ah, congratulations for finding your valentine.”

Ji Eun turned crimson red “Huh? Oh, yes, thank you.” she smiled

“You’re lucky.” it came out of the blue

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter