Memories 39

Forever and Always : A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cold wind blew on his face, the winter air was cold, ice cold, freezing… And when it was usually filled with laughter and joy waking up as it snowed, this time isn’t the same. In fact, it would never be the same. The skies weren’t dark, but the surroundings felt like it, there was a killing silence between everyone as the priest spoke. He spoke of how the afterlife for this soul was need not worried, she was finally in peace. All this battle she went through is finally over, she hadn’t lost, she had just stopped fighting. But everyone knows she indeed did not won.

 

He stood there, with the rest of them in black. Everyone’s head was down, no one else spoke. His eyes stared into the distance, far across the graveyard to… nothing. His expression remained still, there was no tears in his eyes, no crease on his face and no signs of pain. The speech came to an end; everyone came to the front to talk of her, of this beautiful girl who had died at a young age, of unfortunate illness and somewhat written fate. Eyes turned to look at him, he showed no signs of movement, and his eyes never stopped staring at the coffin that was going to be lowered down any time soon. Just like that, the coffin was lowered down; each moment passing by was slow. It didn’t take long for it to be buried either and the tombstone had beautifully carved writing, with a flower encased in glass so that it will never wilt with time.

 

Everyone who was there came up to him, gave their apologetic look and mourning words before they left just as they did to her parents. He stood still, nodding when needed and thanking them once they were leaving but that was all his reaction during the burial. He didn’t say anything else and Kai noticed the indifference, he didn’t know what Sehun had felt. What was on his mind. Because last night…

 

“Aira!” Mrs.Cho shouted, or screamed

Her husband held her tight “It’s okay, she will be okay, our Aira is strong.” Though not said aloud, everyone knows it was more of a comforting word and far from the truth even if Aira is strong

“Sehun what happened?” Kai panted heavily

Sehun looked at him, as though in trance “I, I don’t know.” There was no hint of pain is his voice, it was more of confusion

 

The doctors and nurses kept going back and forth into the room and everyone waited, the air tensed. Tae Jun burst through the door and ran towards the next door he sees but was stopped by Kris who was then returned with a very furious look from Tae Jun.

 

“She’s in surgery, you can’t enter.” He said as calm as he could

Tae Jun’s mouth was opened, he was going to say something but then noticed Sehun sitting quietly and looking, not composed but not breaking down either “Sehun.” He said but Sehun gave no response “Oh Sehun” he touched his arm

“Tae Jun…” his voice came out low

“What happened?” but he doesn’t have any answers

“Tae Jun.” Kai dragged him away, to tell him what had happened considering Sehun wasn’t responsive

 

He didn’t cry, no tears were visible in his eyes at all, but his brows creased; something inside him was losing it, he was worried of something, like there were things that kept speaking inside his mind. After agonizing hours of waiting for something from the doctor, he finally walked out of the door. He breathed heavily once he got out of the operation theatre and looked around to the amount of people that was waiting for her; for Cho Aira.

 

“We, did everything we could.” And that was enough for anyone to know… She didn’t make it “She was a strong girl.” Was “She had tried her best to fight this.” Tried “But it was difficult, for anyone. Having this much time was a miracle to her. But that was all the time she had.”

 

Again, Aira’s mother screamed and her father embraced her mother, closing his eyes in the process. Kai’s mouth opened and he ran out immediately. Tae Jun kept repeating that it was impossible, that there was no way Aira would have leave them. The rest of the EXO member’s sobbed quietly; holding in the pain in their chest. Woo Bin stood in silence, glancing at Sehun who sat there, Sehun looked up to the lights on the ceiling and closed his eyes. But he didn’t cry.

 

It’s okay Sehun.

Everything will be okay.

 

Tae Jun walked up to Sehun and held his shoulder, gave him the look where he wasn’t the only one that had lost something and Sehun understood. He nodded. Aira’s mother pulled Sehun into a sudden embrace, one that was filled with love and pain. She cups the side of his face and her lips trembled. She managed a small ‘thank you’ that was close to a whisper. One by one they all left except Sehun and Kai who still stood th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter