Memories 23

Forever and Always : A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

It had been two days since the accident and Aira wasn’t showing any progress; no sign of her waking up soon. But Sehun didn’t give up, no, he will never do that, he will never give up on her anymore; not until she asked to, maybe even then he would still not give up. He would go back and forth to the hospital like he did the last time just to check up on her.

 

 

Sehun silently opens the door to her room and saw her figure; it was all so familiar because the last time, she also lay on the same bed with the same piano placed on the same place. But this time, it wasn’t cancer anymore; it was because of him that she’s lying right there. Because of his careless words.

 

 

He took a seat next to her bed and sigh. He wants to be happy, the doctor said talking to her would probably work but Sehun is not even sure Aira wants to hear from him especially after what has happened. He wants to talk to her, talking about his daily schedule, how the fans were probably crazy around the group, their album that’s going to be released soon.

 

 

Maybe he should just, try “Good morning.” Sehun spoke in the silence “Are you still tired? I understand, it must be tiring after what happened. You should rest a lot and when you wake up…” he paused “I’ll be right here next to you.” don’t stop there Sehun “We are currently waiting for the release of our repackage album Growl; weird title isn’t it?” he chuckles lowly “I’m sure you’d be excited to hear our new album, we worked really hard on it. Everyone didn’t stop practicing for days to perfect the choreo and get things right. I didn’t mess up though…” he broke into a laughter on his own “It would be great if you would reply me.” his hands reaches out and held Aira’s cold hand within his “Aren’t you cold? I’m warm aren’t I?” he caresses her hands gently

“Excuse me, the doctor needs to check her right now; if you could just take a step outside for a moment please.” the nurse said

“Yeah, sure.” Sehun nods and got up; he bent down and kisses her forehead “I’ll be back soon.”

 

 

It was like that every single time, he would visit her after finishing their daily schedule and it didn’t matter what time it was. Every single moment that he has a chance to visit her; Sehun would immediately go and see her, it was the least he could do. It wasn’t by force, never by guilt, because seeing her is what keeps him going. As a reminder that the one he loves is still alive and breathing; that she could just wake up any moment.

 

 

It had already been a week since she was in a state of coma and she had still shown no signs to wake up. Sehun didn’t give up, the entire group of EXO decided to visit her and each one of their heart’s cracked when they saw her on the bed with the ventilator helping her to breathe and the ECG beeping once in a while.

 

 

“I brought all of them today.” Sehun chuckles

 

 

They cringed when they saw how Sehun was really trying to make this work, how he was trying to be happy and desperately trying to help Aira, or just himself getting through this. But they understood because rather than having him losing himself and breaking apart; it was better to fake everything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter