Protectors

It Started With A Kiss In The Moonlight

Your POV
~Minutes later~
I felt myself being carried in someone's arms. I slowly opened my weak eyes and saw a familiar face above me. "S-Sehun?"

(I bet you guys were suspecting Lu Han! Kekeke! ^_^ )
"_____," he sighed in relief, "Are you all right?"
"What happened?" I held my head as he continued carrying me.
He his lower lip, "_____, you were attacked again."
As he spoke down to me, I noticed that his eyes were very, very dark.

His eyes reminded me of the creature I saw a while ago. Impossible. Could Sehun be the creature I saw?

I spoke up with an uneasy voice, "Sehun, what are you?"
Before he could respond, he looked up and someone came running towards him. "Sehun!"
I recognized that voice. I looked where Sehun was running and saw another creature like Sehun running towards us. I clenched my hands into Sehun's shirt. I began panting a lot afraid that I was going to be killed.
"Hyung!" Sehun yelled at the guy.
As the creature came closer to us, it stopped. Suddenly, the creature turned into a human. My mouth dropped as the human turned out to be no other than Kris.

Kris slowly came towards me, but I tried pulling away. "Don't be afraid, _____." he said with a soft voice.
"Wh-What are you guys?" I asked with fear.
"_____," Sehun spoke up, "Let's get you back to the house and we'll explain everything."

As Sehun followed Kris home, so many thoughts were going through my head. I guess this isn't a dream after all.


No ones POV
~Back at home~
All of the werewolves heads shot up. They all sensed that something was wrong. Earlier, all of them heard Sehun attacking the gang members. They heard their screams and Sehun's growls.

"_____ knows what we are." said Baekhyun with a worried face.
"She was going to find out at some point." said Jongin.
Lu Han closed his eyes, "She's safe with Sehun and Kris right now. I sense them coming down the street. She's afraid."
"But we would never hurt her." said Yixing as he walked down the stairs in his werewolf form. "She helped you, Lu Han. You said that she's the only human who has showed you kindness?"
"She knows that we would never hurt her or her brother." said Joonmyun.
"He's right." nodded Minseok in agreement. "It's our job to keep them safe. No humans have ever been this kind to us."


Your POV
As Kris and Sehun walked in the house, all eyes were on me. There were creatures everywhere. I looked over on the sofa and saw one of the creatures laying on it. When the creature's eyes and mine met, I jumped in fear in Sehun's arms. "Don't be afraid, _____." Sehun held my arms and whispered in my ear. "It's only Lu Han."

Lu Han? Wait, are all of the guys creatures like Sehun and Kris?

The creature that Sehun claimed was Lu Han, jumped off the sofa and slowly came towards me. My hands tightly gripped Sehun's shirt as the creature let out a low growl.

(I really love this GIF! ^_^ )
I kept clinging to Sehun shaking in fear when I saw the creature's sharp teeth. "Lu Han, you're scaring her!" hissed Kris.


*SMACK*
Kris took his hand and slapped Lu Han across the face, causing a really loud and painful noise. He fell to the ground and began to whimper like a dog.
"Kris!" hissed Sehun.
I looked down at Lu Han on the ground who was whimpering out in pain. I carefully climbed out of Sehun's arms and got down next to Lu Han.

Lu Han slowly looked up at me and then quickly turned his head away continuing to whimper. I slowly held my hands out and reached for his head. As I held his head, I looked into his eyes. I can see Lu Han. Lu Han truly was this creature. "What are you?" I asked.
"We're werewolves, _____." said one of the creatures who quickly jumped on top of the sofa and looked down at me. The creature turned into his human form which was Jongin.

"W-Werewolves?" I stuttered.
"We are." said Kris kneeling down next to me. He looked down at Lu Han, "I'm sorry, Lu Han. You were really scarring her. I don't want her being afraid of us."
Lu Han slowly turned into his human form.

I continued holding his head in my hands. "I'm sorry, _____." he lowered his head and apologized.

I gave him a weak smile, "That's all right."

I helped him stand up and looked at all the werewolves. Half of the guys were in their human form and half of the guys were werewolf form. For some reason I was still a little afraid. "You all won't hurt Taemin and I, right?" I asked as I slowly went over and stood next to Kris and Sehun.
Lu Han reached over and held my hand causing my heart to beat rapidly. "We would never hurt you. You showed kindness to me, _____. No human has ever done that to me before. In return, we would like to keep you and Taemin safe from harm. We're your protectors. If you or Taemin ever need help, call for us and we'll be there for you."
"Is that how you saved me earlier today from that car? How did you know I was in trouble?" I asked.
"Werewolves have very good hearing. Also, a few of us heard your voice. It just so happened that Lu Han was outside getting the mail and he heard you." explained Kris.

I looked over at Sehun, "Sehun, how did you find me this evening?"
He gave me a warm smile, "_____, you should know better than to go out at night by yourself. It isn't safe. I'm one of the fastest werewolves here. I knew I could get to you before Kris could. The youngest werewolf is always the fastest."
Kris rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Sehun, I'm still faster than you. You've only outran me once. Don't be thinking that you're faster than me."
I could feel the tension between those two so I quickly changed the subject, "So, do you guys want to watch a-OMO! The snacks! I must've dropped it when I was attacked."
Sehun chuckled, "Don't worry. The food is fine." he smiled and pulled out a few bags from his coat pocket.
I gave him a warm smile and thanked him, "Thank you so much for saving me, Sehun." I looked at everyone else, "I'm going to go get the snacks ready for our movie. You all want to get changed into some comfortable clothing or something?"
Everyone nodded and began heading upstairs.

I took a deep breath and just closed my eyes. I went to the freezer to get myself an ice pack for my head. I'm still trying to take in what I just witnessed within the last hour. Taemin is gonna go crazy whenever he finds out that there are real live werewolves living in our house.

~Minutes later~
After I got all of the snacks prepared, I carried a giant tray of food into the living room. It caught me by surprise when I saw all twelve guys sitting either on the floor or the sofa. These werewolves are really fast!

I looked for a place to sit and it was on the floor in between Kris and Minseok. As I sat down, I began passing the tray of food around. Zitao stood up and placed the movie in. As the movie began playing went through a few movie trailers, someone tapped me on my shoulder. "It's not right to let a girl sit on the floor. I'll switch you spots." said Chanyeol giving me a warm smile.
I chuckled, "That's all right, Chanyeol. I want to make sure my guests are comfortable."
He shook his head, "We're werewolves, _____. We're comfortable with anything. Please, sit up here instead."
I couldn't say no to his kindness. Chanyeol and I stood up and exchanged seats. I actually felt a lot more comfortable on the sofa. I looked who was sitting next to me and it was Lu Han (Of course), and Baekhyun.

As the trailers continued to play, I wanted to know a little more about the werewolves. "Are you the only werewolves?"
Joonmyun looked at me from the other sofa, "There are more of us, but we're the only ones that are from this area."
I gulped and looked over at Sehun specifically, "Do-You guys don't kill humans, right? What did you do to those gang members back there?"
Sehun chuckled, "We aren't the werewolves that kill humans. We were trained not to kill humans. I injured those guys very badly back there, but not enough to kill them. It wouldn't be right of me if I did."
Sehun is so innocent! ^_^ I gulped again, "Would you kill a human if you wanted to?"
"Werewolves are like humans too, _____. We know our limits." Lu Han spoke up.
"Have any of you killed a human before?" I curiously asked.
Everyone exchanged looks and shook their heads.

Jongdae spoke up, "I wanted to one day because a human hunter tried killing my girlfriend. Thankfully she escaped, but I was really close to ripping the human to shreds."
"I almost killed a human hunter too." added Chanyeol lowering his head. "He was chasing my sister. I led the human all the way to the edge of a cliff. I never wanted to harm the human, but he was scared so much, he killed himself by jumping off the cliff and drowning in the river below."
I was a little speechless after hearing Jongdae and Chanyeol telling me those things.

I let out a weak laugh, "I still can't believe you guys are actually real. I thought werewolves only existed in stories."
Baekhyun let out a laugh next to me, "Those are the books, _____. We're the real things."
I my lower lip and took a deep breath, "Do you guys have a weakness? I mean, like, how could a werewolf die?"
Kris turned around, "The one thing that can kill us is if anything stabs us in our hearts. Physically. Guns too. We can easily heal from a wound anywhere else, but if our hearts get hit, we die." (I think you know what I mean.)
I looked over at Lu Han and looked down at his leg, "What about your injury on your leg? What was that from?"
He looked down at his leg, "One of the gang members sliced my leg with a dagger of theirs. It's no big deal though. The good thing about being a werewolf, is that your a quick healer."
"But Lu Han, that wound is deep." said Minseok looking at him. "Your lucky your side healed a few hours ago."
"You're side is already healed?" my eyes widen.
Lu Han proudly smiled and nodded, "I told you I would be fine."
"Hey, I think the movie is finally beginning!" said Jongin smiling at the TV.

~Hours later~
As the movie continued playing, Lu Han and I would talk with each other every once in a while. I looked around the room and a few of the werewolves were sound asleep. I even watched them fall asleep too. I found it very interesting. Whenever a few of them would slowly drift off to sleep, they would slowly turn into their werewolf form. But many of them remained in their human form.

Suddenly, Baekhyun's sleeping body began leaning into me. "B-Baekhyun?" I tapped on his head. "Baekhyun, could you move-YAH!" I shrieked as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest. I'm so thankful that Baekhyun was still in his human form. -_-
Kris began laughing, "Oh, and did I forget to mention that werewolves fall into deep sleep very easily? But don't worry. We all like to cuddle. Is Baekhyun warm?" he smirked.
I don't think I've ever been this close with a guy before. I slowly felt my face heating up. Baekhyun's sleeping face was just inches away from mine. Now that Kris mentioned it, being in Baekhyun's arms, I felt very warm. I also felt very safe too.

Chanyeol and Kris turned around and began laughing at me. Baekhyun's grip got a little tighter around me. It sorta felt like a giant snake was squeezing the life out of me. I threw a quick worried look at Lu Han and he got the message. "Baek!" Lu Han hit Baekhyun on the back of his head.
He didn't budge.
Lu Han groaned, "Baek, you're hurting her. Let go."
Baekhyun still wouldn't let go of me.
Kris and Chanyeol got a little worried now. Kris stood up and tried pulling Baekhyun away from me. "K-Kris." I tried reaching for his hand.
"Baekhyun, wake up." he hissed.
"Let go, Baekhyun." said Chanyeol standing up.
Their voices woke a few of the other werewolves up.

*Front door opens*
"Hey, _____, guys, I'm-" Taemin came walking in the front door and he froze when he saw me and everyone else.


Oh goodness! Here comes Taemin Oppa! He'll be in for a real surprise. ^_^