Taemin's Approval

It Started With A Kiss In The Moonlight

Your POV
"_____, would you marry me?"

I was in total shock right now. My heart began skipping beats. Lu Han just asked if I would marry him! It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I feel like I'm too young to be thinking about marriage. I'm still in high school.

I took a deep breath and continued starring at Lu Han. "Lu Han, I-"
He chuckled, "You don't need to say anything now, _____. I was just wanting to know if you would."
I sighed in relief and gave him a weak smile, "Lu Han, I'm still a little young to be thinking about marriage. Please, understand."
"I understand, _____." he gave me an understanding smile. "I don't want you to feel rushed."


No ones POV
Chanyeol heard _____'s and Lu Han's conversation.

"Well?" asked Joonmyun and everyone else looking at him.
Chanyeol took a deep breath, "She didn't say yes or no. She says she's too young to be thinking about marriage right now. But it sounds like she's interested from the way she answered him. It's just too early now. Lu Han respects her decision and said he will wait for her."
Kris folded his arms and scoffed, "Good. He better."

Kris thought of something which made him close his eyes in disappointment. "Are you okay, Hyung?" asked Jongin.
Minseok knew exactly what he was thinking of. He sighed, "Kris, Taemin will have to accept it if he wants his sister to be happy."
Kris sighed, "It's going to tear him apart when he finds out."

Chanyeol gulped by the next thing he heard. Everyone noticed his reaction and got worried, "What is it? Chanyeol?" asked Sehun.
Chanyeol hesitated, "Now he wants to discuss mating with her."


Your POV
I gulped, "Mate?"
He nodded, "You understand, don't you?"
I bit the insides of my mouth, "Mate as in-"
"Yes." he nodded. "It's life, _____. It's the same thing humans do."
I felt my face heating up and I just looked down in embarrassment. Lu Han noticed this and chuckled, "You don't need to be embarrassed about it, _____."
"I-I'm not." I nervously said.

I continued looking down a my fingers. Lu Han reached for my hands and began caressing them, "I understand, _____. There's no need to rush if you're uncomfortable-"
"It's not that, Lu Han." I gave him a weak smile.
"What is it?" he asked with a worried look.
I bit my lower lip, "It's just that-" I gulped, "It will be my first time. I'm afraid of the pain that will come to me."
He gave me an understanding smile and moved closer to me pulling me into a warm embrace. "I will be sure to take the pain away." he kissed my forehead. "It will be my first as well. I promise I'll be gentle. I don't want to hurt you. I'd never forgive myself if I did."

I'm glad Lu Han was once human and understands what I'm afraid of. I could never open up to anyone about this topic because my parents died many years ago and it'd feel awkward talking to Taemin about it. I know that he's not a anymore. Minji was the one who took his ity. The both of them were drunk when it happened too. -_-

I suddenly began thinking about being with Lu Han for the rest of my life. He would always be there by my side and protect me. If I agreed to become a werewolf, what would happen to Taemin? Would I have to live with Lu Han out in the woods?

I looked up at Lu Han, "I'll do it Lu Han."
"Do what?" he tilted his head.
"I want to marry you." I gave him a warm smile and reached my hand up to his face caressing it.
"Is this what you really want, _____?" he asked with a concerned face.
I nodded with confidence, "This is what I want. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Lu Han. I love you."
A smile formed on his face and he pulled me tightly in his arms, "I love you too, _____. So much."

~Minutes later~
Lu Han and I continued to talk about spending the rest of our lives together. He cleared his throat, "You know, you'll have to have Taemin's permission, right?"
I scoffed in annoyance, "I know. We'll talk about it with him tomorrow. I'm *Yawn* tired."
He chuckled and gently brushed his hands over my eyes, "Please, sleep. You need your rest. Sehun said you've had a stressful day at school."
I closed my eyes and smiled. "Good night, Lu Han. I love you."
I heard a light hum from him, "I love you too, Lee _____. Forever and always."

~Next morning~
As I woke up, I began stretching in bed. I realized that I had a lot of space to move around. Did Lu Han leave? I heard a lot of noise coming from downstairs so I guess the werewolves are in the house.

*Knocking*
"_____? Your brother has your breakfast ready." said Kris on the outside of my room.
"I'll be right down." I called back.
"Can I come in for a second?" he asked.
"Go ahead." I sat up in bed.

Kris came in and gave me a weak smile. "Is everything all right?" I asked.
He nodded, "Everything is fine. I just wanted to talk to you about something."
"What's on your mind?" I tilted my head as he came over and sat on the edge of my bed.

Kris sighed and bit his lower lip, "Lu Han told me about what you guys talked about last night. Is this what you really want, _____?"
I nodded, "More than anything. I love him, Kris."
He looked down, "But do you really want to give up your human life? You're so lucky to be human. You should enjoy this life while you have it. Once you agree to this, there's no going back. What's done is done."

I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them, "Kris, what do you think I should do?"
He rubbed the back of his  neck, "It's not my decision; however, if I were you, I would remain human, but as a good friend, I would do anything just to be with the one I love."
I looked down and played with my hands, "What would happen to Taemin if I agree to this?"
He lowered his head in shame and sighed, "He will have to accept the consequences."
My eyes widen, "Consequences?"

Kris sighed and rested a hand on my knee, "_____, I was hoping you wouldn't agree to change. If you becomes a werewolf, then you would have to leave everything behind. You would have to-" he gulped and looked down.
"Have to what? Kris?" I nervously asked.
He bit his lower lip, "You would have to have everyone think you're dead. You can't associate with any humans after your change. It wouldn't be safe. It was dangerous enough letting Sehun attend school with you and other humans."

I felt my heart stop beating. I would have to make everyone think I'm dead? I can never go back to school? I would never see Taemin again? There's no way he would allow this. Would I at least be able to visit him?

I didn't realize small tears forming in my eyes. I tried holding my tears back so Kris wouldn't notice them, but he did. "_____, please don't cry."
I wiped my tears with the back of my hand, "Kris," I sniffed, "Would I ever be able to see Taemin again?"
He nodded, "Of course you would. You could always sneak out to see him, but you mustn't let any other human see you."
I continued looking down biting my lower lip. "I-I'll do it." I looked up at Kris.

Kris and I headed downstairs to have breakfast. When we walked down to the kitchen, all of the werewolves had their eyes on us. Taemin smiled and walked up to Kris and I, "_____, I have your breakfast made just the way you like it. Would you-__-_____?" he looked up and his smile disappeared when he saw a few tears in my eyes. He set down the plates on the table and came over pulling me in his arms. "_____, what's what's wrong?" he pulled away and looked at me removing a few strands of messy hair out of my face.
I sniffed, "Oppa,"

Before I continued talking, I looked over and saw Chanyeol looking at me. I know that he heard Kris' and my conversation. He lowered his head in shame. I looked over and saw Lu Han doing the same. Did Lu Han know about this?

I took a deep breath and looked up at Taemin, "Oppa, you know I love you, right? I'll always be your cute Dongsaeng."
He chuckled, "Of course. You'll always my cute Dongsaeng. I love you very much too."
I gave him a weak smile, "Promise me that you'll be happy for me?"
His smile slowly faded away, "Of course, I'll always be happy in whatever decision you make. I'm your Oppa. I want my sister happy."
"Oppa, I want to spend the rest of my life with Lu Han. I love him very much. I want your permission to let me be with him forever."
He let out a weak laugh, "Of course, _____. I already said you two could be together-Wait, forever? What are you trying to say?"

I reached for his hand and lead him towards the living room. Lu Han and a few of the others followed us in. I looked up at Taemin, "Oppa, I have decided to marry Lu Han. I love him very much and and want to be with him forever. I-I'm going to let him change me."
He gulped, "You are?"
I nodded, "Yes."
He looked up at me and small tears formed in his eyes. He brought his hand up and began caressing my face, "You really love him, don't you?"
I nodded, "I do. He's the man I love."

Taemin gave me a weak laugh and wiped his teary eyes with the back of his hands, "I trust Lu Han very much. He will make a great husband for you. I know he will take care of you, love you, and protect you. You must promise me something though."
"What is it?" I asked.
"Once you two are married, and he changes you, I want to see you every day. I want to know that my sister is the same _____ I grew up with. You know, aside from the werewolf _____." he chuckled and ruffled my hair.
I lowered my head in shame, "Every day, huh?" I gulped.
He stopped ruffling my hair and let out a weak laugh, "I don't see why not."
I slowly looked up at him with an apologetic look.

Before I could say anything, Taemin saw Lu Han and Kris watching us from the kitchen. I signaled Lu Han to come over. He turned into his human form and sat next to me on the sofa. I reached for his hand and looked up at Taemin, "O-Oppa, if I become a werewolf, I-I won't be seeing you as much as I want to."
"And why's that?" he nervously laughed.

Lu Han squeezed my hand and looked up at Taemin, "Taemin, when _____ becomes a werewolf, everyone must think she's dead-"
"What do you mean everyone?" hissed Taemin.
"Humans." said Zitao coming in the living room.
Kyungsoo came up behind him and nodded in agreement, "Once everyone finds out that _____ is dead, she can never get near any humans again."
"But I'm her brother!" snapped Taemin.
"Oppa," I placed a hand over his hand trying to calm him down, "Please."

Taemin began breathing heavily and looked at me in fear, "You mean, we will never see each other again?"
Lu Han shook his head, "No, Taemin. _____ will see you every once in a while, but it won't be all the time. She'll understand that being around humans isn't safe for her. You'll be the only human she'll be able to show herself to."

Taemin looked like he just wanted to break down in tears. He looked up at me and all of the other werewolves. He looked at me and brought his hand up to my face caressing it. "_____, I love you so much." He looked over at Lu Han and gave him a weak smile, "Lu Han, if this is what my sister really wants. If she is truly happy with this, I will approve of this. But you must promise me that my sister will be safe."
Lu Han nodded, "You have my word, Taemin. I promise to always love and protect _____."