Heart attack

Les Fleurs du Mal

Minho stepped out of the airport without any bodyguards, he took out his notebook when he heard someone calling him, it was Suzy...

Suzy: Minho-ssi.

Minho: What are you doing here?

Suzy: I will go with you.

Minho: Alright...where do you want to go first?

Suzy: We should go to the hotel, unpack our stuff and get information.

Minho: Sure.

After leaving their things in the hotel they walked around the city to talk with all the passengers from Tiffany's flight, they went from place to place but none of them could give them any information about her whereabouts, after a long week they went to find the hotel where the last passenger was staying, Minho thought it was weird that they sent him by himself with Suzy...

Minho: How did you manage to come with me? I mean, they wouldn't have let you alone with me knowing I might kill you or take you as a hostage.

Suzy: *giggle* I'm not stupid, I just showed them the footage from our kiss, they thought I was able to control you.

Minho: Then I may ask, why would you want to come?

Suzy: Who knows? *looks away* We should visit the first passenger, he's staying in the next street.

Minho: Alright.

He found weird her sudden mood swings, she suddenly looked happy and then angry or serious, he couldn't get himself to ask her why she was like that thinking she would be offended. When they got there...

Suzy: Who's this passenger?

Minho: Ahren Kähler, age 47, occupation: recently unemployed, divorced, 4 kids, 1 girl,  3 boys. Lives alone with his friend in an appartment.

Suzy: The girl's information?

Minho: Hmm, her name is Arabelle Mallory Haucke, age 10, occupation: student, lives with her mother in Australia. Don't you want to know about the other 3 kids?

Suzy: No, I guessed she was the youngest, and her name gives me countless clues.

Minho: How?

Suzy: Her first name, Arabelle, means beautiful eagle; her father's name means eagle; the second name, Mallory, means without good fortune, that was probably given by her mother, she probably hates her daughter because her father adore her.

Minho: I see, then you'll be the one talking, right?

Suzy: Yes, I'll use her daughter to get info about Tiffany.

Minho: Sounds good to me.

They walked to the reception and asked one of the workers for information...

Minho: Good morning sir, I'm looking for mr. Ahren Kähler, could you tell me where is his room?

Worker: I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to give that information to anyone, how are you related to mr. Kähler?

Minho: Well--

Suzy: I see that you don't recognize me sir, I'm Suzanne Mykk, my family bought this hotel's chains yesterday, I really need to meet mr. Kähler.

Worker: I didn't receive any news about that, so please get out of my sight before I call security.

Suzy: Oh you're going to call security? Well, I don't care, in the end you'll be fired.  I need to meet mr. Kähler, oherwise I'm afraid I'll have to get you fired *looks at his nametag* mr. Kellen Rademacher. 

Kellen: I'm so sorry, miss Mykk, he's staying in room 507 in the third floor.

Suzy: Thanks mr. Rademacher.

They walked away from him and Suzy suddenly turned back to him and said out loud...

Suzy: Hey Kellen! Do your wife a favour and get a divorce, she probably thinks you're a nuisance. *laughs* Whoever named you must have hated you, why would someone call it's baby "swamp".

The worker looked at her in shock, he was truly embarrassed and angry, they went inside an elevator...

Minho: Wasn't that a little too rude?

Suzy: The man got on my nerves, I had a bad feeling about him, he's not nice.

Minho: And how did you know he was married? He wasn't wearing a ring.

Suzy: I can get to know the past and present of people just by looking in their eyes, that's not important let's just meet the guy.


They knocked at the man's hotel room door and after a few minutes he opened the door...

Suzy: Good morning mr. Kähler. Do you speak English?

Ahren: Yes, how do you know my name? Who are you?

Suzy: *smiles gently* My name is Suzanne Mykk, he is my partner Minho Bezarius.

Ahren: *gasp* Are you from the police? I swear I haven't gotten near my daughter!

Suzy: Don't worry mr. Ahren, we're not from the police and we want to talk about your daughter.

Ahren: My daughter? What happened? Is she alright?

Suzy: We'll tell you the details if you let us inside.

Ahren: Sure.

...

The man offered them some tea and got them comfortable in some chairs that were inside the room, it looked like one of the cheap rooms which matched the man social status. Though he wasn't too young he looked very stressed and worried, his eyes showed a gentle and pitiful character, he was surely a nice man mistreated by life.

Ahren: So, what about my daughter?

Suzy: Well, it's not exactly about your daughter. If you give us information about a certain someone, I promise I'll help you get your daughter's custody.

Ahren: Really?!

Suzy: Only if you give us the information we want.

Ahren: Of course, who are we talking about?

Suzy: *shows a picture to the man* This woman sat next to you in the airplane you took to come here, do you remember her?

Ahren: Well, it was a few weeks ago, but I remember her. She was beautiful but really weird.

Minho: Did you talk with her?

Ahren: Kind of, she just replied with a gentle smile and short phrases. 

Suzy: What kind of conversation did you have?

Ahren: I just asked her what brought her to Berlin, she told me a few things about her.

Suzy: What did she tell you?

Ahren: She said she was a businesswoman, she said she was 30 years old, she was single and didn't have any family.

Suzy: Did she tell you exactly where she was going?

Ahren: No, she said she had to meet some people. But I followed her, she made me want to know more about her, there was something different about her.

Suzy: Where did she go? 

Ahren: She got on a black van and drove away, I took a cab and followed her as stealthily as I could. She first stopped at a small coffee shop, she bought some coffee and got on her way. It looked like she was going to a big hotel, where she stayed. I came here and had some rest, then I walked to her hotel, that's when things turned weird.

Suzy: Weird?

Ahren: She came out of the hotel and got inside a van, but this time it was white, her clothes were black and she had her hair tied in a ponytail. She drove to one of the abandoned places in Berlin.

Minho: Where?

Ahren: Ballhaus Riviera and Gesellschaftshaus, Grünau's abandoned twin dance halls. But after that day she never went back to her hote.

Suzy: How can we get there?

Ahren: The S8 and S46 go straight to Grünau S-Bahnhof. From there walk straight down they appropiately named Wassersportallee toward the river, turn right at RegattastraBeand the dance hall buildings are up on the left. I heard that you can get inside them by jumping a fence near a river behind the buildings. I'd recommend you to go during day, it's not the safest abandoned building in Berlin and you are less likely to get killed.

Minho: Thanks for your help. How do you know all of that?

Ahren: I came here to Berlin to make my wish come true, visit all the abandoned places in Berlin.

Suzy: I will keep my promise to get your daughter back with you.

Ahren: No thanks...I'm going to die soon anyway. That's why I want to make my wish come true.

Suzy: Don't you want to fulfill your wish next to your daughter?

Ahren: Can you do that?

Suzy: *nods* She'll be here next to you by tomorrow.

Ahren: How?

Suzy: Don't ask, just enjoy.

Ahren: *tearing* Thanks....Really, thanks. I'm really grateful.


Minho: When did you become a good person?

Suzy: Mr. Kähler deserves it, he's gone through a lot, I told you I can see people's past and present just with a look.

Minho: I see. So are we going to Ballhaus Riviera?

Suzy: Yes, they're probably still there. Let's go later in the night, let's get some rest at the hotel.

Once the night fell, they went to the place, they did what Ahren told them, once they got inside the building they walked around for a while, until Minho suddenly heard footsteps behind Suzy, they sounded like high heels. Suzy heard the same but she heard normal footsteps they flashed their flashlights at each other's backs...

Minho: Tiffany!

Suzy: Siwon Bezarius.

Minho: Let's go!

They chased each of them, Suzy was after Siwon and Minho after Tiffany, Suzy got to the main hall but Minho cornered Tiffany...

Minho: You have a lot of things to explain Tiffany.

Tiffany: Oh, it's been a while Minho-ssi, how have you been?

Minho: Cut the cr*p already Tiffany, what the hell means this?

*beep* *beep*

Tiffany: You're done Siwon? .... Alright, come and help me out with him.

Minho: What the--?

He fell unconscious to the floor not understanding anything, why would his brother attack him? Why was he still alive? What are they planning? He didn't get any answers or leads from Tiffany. His eyes closed and the last thing he saw was Tiffany standing in darkness with her red eyes glaring him.