Breath of Life

Les Fleurs du Mal

Krystal walked out of the airport, she had four bodyguards to her, they took her to a hotel where she unpacked her stuff and went out to the streets. One of the men told her where she had to go and when she had to send her report to the Hunters' Association...

Bodyguard: Please send your report at midnight. We'll go with--

He was interrupted as soon as he noticed the pressence of another bodyguard...

Bodyguard: Excuse me, who are you? We only need 4 bodyguards.

??: I want to protect miss Black.

Bodyguard: I'm afraid I can't--*falls*

The other bodyguards also fell to the ground, Krystal stood shocked she couldn't understand what happened, she tried to take out her gun out of her bag but the man stopped her, once she looked at his face she realized it was Kai. She took him inside her room...

Krystal: How the hell did you get here?

Kai: I kind of escaped at the airport, they haven't found out about me coming here.

Krystal: B-But how?

Kai: I got rid of my bodyguards.

Krystal: You used your powers?

Kai: Yeah...but no one noticed.

Krystal: I see...

Kai: Don't worry about the dead bodies they will turn into dust.

Krystal: What are we going to do now?

Kai: You just have to complete your schedule for today, I will go with you, disguised as a bodyguard. 

Krystal: Alright, they just told me to walk around the streets, but they gave me an address of a house, they said I had to look there for any clues about Sulli.

Kai: Then let's go take a walk around the streets.

Krystal: Sure.

They walked for a few hours, Kai was trying to make Krystal comfortable but she was too focused on finding Sulli, she wasn't really sure of what to do after she found her, but she wouldn't take her to get killed, she wouldn't kill her...she was trying to find her for Minho. She wondered where Minho was and what he was doing, Kai noticed...

Kai: How are you doing?

Krystal: I'm fine.

Kai: You look very worried about something.

Krystal: It's just because I'm still deciding what to do with Sulli once I find her.

He got mad at her and pushed her against a wall, he glared at her...

Kai: Don't even dare to kill my sister.

Krystal: I would never kill her, she was my best friend. I thougth you trusted me *pushes him away* So don't worry about your sister, alright? Geez...

Kai: *sigh* Sorry...I just want to meet her, I want to know what she's like.

Krystal: She's a nice person...

They kept talking about Sulli, she was describing her, but Krystal suddenly felt something near them, she quickly turned and saw a girl's back, her long black hair made her think of Sulli, she quickly went out to check if it was her...

Kai: Krystal where are you going?! 

Krystal: Signorina, aspetta un attimo! (Italian for: "Miss, wait a moment!") I'll se you at the hotel!

The girl kept running away from her, Kai chased after her but he lost her once she crossed a bridge and suddenly disappeared. 

Kai: Sh*t! Where did she go?

She was outside the house she was told she had to go to...

Krystal: Signorina? C'è qualcuno qui? (Italian for: Miss? Is anyone here?)

She walked inside the house, and saw the girl sitting on a couch...

??: You don't need to speak Italian, it's me, Sulli.

Krystal: S-Sulli? 

Sulli: It's been a while, Krystal.

Krystal: Yes...

Sulli: You might be wondering where I have been right?

Krystal: Yes.

Sulli: I've been around the world leaving clues for you guys but I guess the quest had to be cancelled due to the Royal Families' Council and the Hunters' Association, it was going to be fun. The sad thing is that you found me.

Krystal: You wanted Minho to find you, right?

Sulli: Yes, I did. But well, this is my parents' plan.

Krystal: But, your parents are dead.

Sulli: *laughs* You believed that?

Krystal: What do you mean?

Sulli: You surely don't know anything about my family Krystal, there's a reason why the Baskervilles are the most powerful vampires. 

Krystal: Seriously, what's going on?

Sulli: Don't worry, it's nothing bad.

Krystal: So...

Sulli: I'm sorry but I have to go, it was nice to talk with you but I have to meet someone else, I'll talk to you another day. Goodbye, see you soon.

She went back to the hotel and talked with Kai, he was waiting for her outside...

Kai: What happened?

Krystal: I found Sulli.

Kai: *excited* Where is she?

Krystal: She's gone, she left.

Kai: Did you talk with her?

Krystal: Yes, but she was saying weird stuff, she mentioned something about her parents being alive, and her famiy being the most powerful among vampires.

Kai: Yes they are.

Krystal: You're one of them.

Kai: Well, then. Yes, we are.

Krystal: I don't know what she's planning. She said her parents have a plan, but what is that plan?

Kai: We'll probably find out later.

Krystal: I want to know right now.

Kai: We can't leave Krystal. We have to pretend everything is normal until--

Krystal: Until Sulli decides to tell us what the plan is?

Kai: Yeah.

Krystal: Then you go wait for her, I'll find Minho.

She started packing her things but Kai hugged her from behind...

Kai: I'll go with you.

Krystal: Why?

Kai: I have to protect you, you can't go on your own.

Krystal: I can protect myself.

Kai: Alright, then I just want to be with you.

She blushed, but she pushed him away, she didn't want him to love her, she knw that she was going to hurt him in the end. They went to sleep and the next morning they went to the airport to fly back to Japan and find out where Minho was, but there were a lot of hunters and vampires waiting for them outside, they had to fight them so they could go and find him. There were a lot of them, it was impossible for the two of them to get through without a weapon, Kai was able to use his powers but since Krystal was a lower rank vampire she didn't have any powers so she just used her speed and agility and a revolver, whenever she killed a hunter she would take his gun and use it; Kai handled the situation very well, but he was in danger whenever he tried to help Krystal. Both of them ended up hurt and many people around too, apparently the vampires' council and the hunters' association forgot to take care of the humans, just because of them; many people called the police, they helped Kai and Krystal for a bit but they also attacked them, they quickly sneaked inside the airport and got on the first flight they found to Japan, since people were too scared of them they were able to get on the plan without problems. Inside the airplane, they relaxed for a bit, Kai went to get the first aid kit to cure Krystal's wounds...

Krystal: I'm alright, I'm a vampire too.

Kai: You shouldn't say that out loud.

Krystal: Whatever, probably everyone around the airport found out about the existence of vampires so, who cares now?

Kai: *sigh* Geez girl. *looks at her face* Your face is dirty, let me clean it for you.

Krystal: *pissed* I can do it myself!

Kai: Yes you can but I want to do it for you.

He used a wet towel to clean her face, he noticed she had a small cut on her forehead that hadn't healed yet...

Kai: This was probably made with an anti-vampire weapon.

Krystal: It hasn't healed, right? It probably won't.

Kai: I'll try to get rid of it.

Krystal: It's fine, I don't care.

Kai: I don't want your pretty face to have a mark. Though you'd be pretty anyways.

Krystal: Do as you like.

He used his powers to heal the cut, and after a few hours they arrived to Japan, but they were caught by a bunch of hunters, and once again they were taken to the hunters' association...