Darkness Eyes

Les Fleurs du Mal

A few days after Sulli left, the Association organized a meeting with the remaining representants from the royal families and Minho hadn't heard anything from Krystal's current health but he actually didn't asked about her, he knew that the chances of her surviving were low but he had other things to worry about.

Eunhyuk told Minho about the meeting but he told him that his pressence wasn't necessary, but he wanted to be there, he knew that Eunhyuk was lying to him...

Minho: What are you hiding from me?

Eunhyuk: Nothing!!

Minho: I'm not a little child anymore....*sigh* It's about Sulli, right?

Eunhyuk: *sigh* Yes... it's better if you don't know...

Minho: I won't let her get hurt, even if she doesn't let me be with her I will protect her!

Eunhyuk: You may not be able to protect her this time, but that will depend on what those vampires choose, you can come but you have to behave properly.

Minho: I'm not a puppy

Eunhyuk: Sorry, I'm just worried about you.

Minho: Is there something else you want to tell me?

Eunhyuk: It depends on the result of today's meeting.

Minho: Geez...

Eunhyuk: Don't you want to check on Krystal before we go inside?

Minho: Why? It's not like she's giving any signs of waking up yet

Eunhyuk: Don't say it like that, I know things are hard on you but they're also hard on her.

Minho: I will see her after the meeting, I just think this is more important.

Eunhyuk: Alright, but don't go just because I told you to

Minho: Sure...

...They walked inside the room, it was completely dark, the walls were black and the floor had a dark purple carpet, the room was only lightened up by a few candles and a big electric chandelier on the roof. When they entered they saw the young vampires there, they were sitting in the circle table, on the other side there were the leaders from the Association, they began introducing themselves, and then they started their discussion...

Association's Director: Well, we'll be talking about the issue concerning the event of a few days ago, at the Reimsworth's house.

Xx: As far as we've been informed and thanks to the interviews done by our staff, we found out that miss Sulli Baskerville was controlled by the "spirit" of Jessica Reimsworth to kill everyone in the event. As we can see, she is not present today and she's nowhere to be found; the purpose of this meeting is to decide whether she will still form part of the royal families or if she shall be executed for what she did and stop being considered part of the royal families.

Director: We want you to say what are your opinions about this issue, you may say if you agree or disagree with the proposal. Shall we begin with you, mister Jonghyun Burdock?

Jonghyun: I disagree with the proposal, it wasn't her fault, she was being controlled by a much powerful vampire, though Sulli has her mother's blood in her veins, Jessica Reimsworth had grown a lot more powerful. I think she should remain as a member of the royal families, even if she's the last member of her household. That's it.

Everyone commented their feelings about the issue, then Jiyeon Camelot's turn arrived

Jiyeon: Sure. I think that she shouldn't be considered part of the royal families, this is because it was also revealed at the event that she bit a human; the first rule for all vampires is to never bite a human, she broke that rule and she should also pay for what she did, Jonghyun-ssi thinks that it wasn't entirely her fault but as he said, she has her mother's blood running through her veins, her body. We all know that the Baskervilles have been considered the most powerful vampires, they had a lot of control over the rest of us, they surely knew how to fight, how to give a speech; but it changed after Sulli was born. I heard that she wasn't completely a vampire until her mother sacrificed herself for her daughter's sake, so she could be accepted in our community. We've been living with the thought that she's Donghae and Tiffany's child, that's completely wrong; as I've heard she was born after Tiffany-ssi had an affair with a human, it is said that she married this human in secret and got away from our community. I can confirm it now with a person that was close to her, he is very precious to her, mister Minho Bezarius. *looks at Minho* Do you want to say something about her that we don't know? Something like she used to call you brother?

Minho: *death glare* No, I won't say anything about the issue, I'm only here as an spectator, and I'm sure the Director agrees with me.

Jiyeon: Alright. If Sulli Baskerville remains as a member of the royal families---

The door suddenly opened, everyone closed their eyes since the light was too bright, when the door closed, they saw a young vampire wearing a black coat and a black suit...

Xx: If Sulli Baskerville remains a member of the royal families, what? What will you do if my sister remains a member of the royal families?

Director: Who are you? This is a private meeting sir, you can't be here without an invitation!

Xx: Excuse me sir, I'm sorry for the sudden interruption, but I do have an invitation, as a member of the Baskerville household.

Everyone: What?!?

Xx: I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, my name is Kai Baskerville. I heard that this meeting had been held to decide if my sister, Sulli, would remain as a member of the royal families, however, I wonder if I will also stop being a member if the decision is taken.

Director: I-I...We have no record of another son from the Baskevilles, coming from Tiffany's family, in particular...

Kai: Well, that's because I wasn't raised by my mother and Sulli would be considered my half-sister, since we have the same mother but not the same father. I wasn't raised by the Nightray's either. I had to take care of myself, my parents left me on my own; my father denied me but my mother tried to help me, that's why I kept her family name.

Sunny: That's not true! My brother never had a son with Tiffany! She wouldn't talk to my brother!

Kai: My father, Donghae, rejected me in front of you right? He said I wasn't his son, he threw me away...My mother, on the other hand, tried to help me, she couldn't tell Sulli I was her half brother but she always sent me money and provided me all the things I needed to survive. For instance, Sulli isn't the last Baskerville, but I still wonder if I don't get a vote to remain as a member of this so-called community.

Director: We can't prove your story since Donghae Nightray was executed and Tiffany has passed away.

Jiyeon: He's a liar! He can't be--

Kai: Miss Camelot, the information you gave a while ago is true, but I won't let you stain my family's name with your dirty words.

Jiyeon: How dare--

Kai: I may ask the same, how dare you talk about my family like that? You don't know what we've been through, do you?

Director: Mister Baskervile, miss Camelot...please stop, both of you. I will believe his words, and yes, you shall get a vote for this important decision.

Kai: Thanks good sir.

Director: Well, now that everyone has given their opinions we shall begin with the voting.

...Silence filled the room, everyone wrote their decision on a piece of paper, Minho and Eunhyuk just kept watching, he couldn't believe Kai was Sulli's half-brother, then a memory came to his mind, Sulli was 12 years old...

Sulli: Oppa! What are you doing?

Minho: Homework....

Sulli: I see...

Minho: .... *sigh* Do you need something?

Sulli: Well, I needed help with my homework...I can't understand this...

He took her notebook and explained her how to solve her problem, when he finished...

Sulli: *smiles* Wow

Minho: See? It's simple like that

Sulli: I see...*kisses his cheek* Thanks! Love you bro! *gets out of the room*

Then he looked back at the moment he was seeing at that time, the decision that would change Sulli's life and somehow, his life. The votes were counted, the final result was 2 to 8, they decided to execute Sulli and her removal from the royal families, but Sulli was going to be the only one who would be executed. Minho got angry and got out of the room, followed by Kai...

Minho: *hits the wall* Dammit! Why?! ! She doesn't deserve it!

Kai: Hey! Be careful, you might get hurt

Minho: Shut up! Who the hell do you think you are?! Couldn't you vote on Sulli's behalf? Why the did she not come?

Kai: I don't know, I actually don't even know what she looks like. But I don't think they would have let me vote for her.

Minho: You said you were her brother

Kai: Yes, but who are you anyways? Why are you so worried about her?

Minho: Just because...I love her...she...

Kai: What are you to her? How are you two related?

Minho: I..I once called her my sister, we grew up together...

Kai: I see... Well...*turns* *gasp* W-Why...W-What is she-- Why are you--?

Minho: Huh? *turns around* K-Krystal?

A sudden memory flew to Kai's mind....