SOY SAUCE CRAB PASTE

SOY SAUCE CRAB PASTE

Inside the dorm of YG building, a man wearing a black top and starry boxer short was sitting on his couch, busily sticking the word “JANUARY 2009” in the labelled bottle of soy sauce. He carefully examines the position of the sticker to the soy sauce bottle and when he is already satisfied he crazily smiled and carried the bottle in the cabinet beside his sofa. He opened the door of the cabinet, then he stand frustrated after hearing a sudden knock on his door room…

 

“Hey open up… I need to discuss something with you”…an authoritative voice calls

 

He first left the soy sauce bottle in the floor while leaving the cabinet door open. He hurriedly opened the door thinking… “What is it he wants this time?”…

 

“Yes sajangnim?” he said as he opens the door.

 

 YG entered the room and seated himself on the couch, he was about to talk when his attention was redirected to an open cabinet with lots of soy sauce bottles… then he turned his face to him with a what-the-hell-is-that expression on his face..

 

“JIYONG are you planning to collect soy sauce bottles and stick it on every corner of YG building!!!?” he sarcastically asked the boy without changing his what-the-hell-is-that expression on his face.

 

JIYONG hurriedly placed the last bottle inside the cabinet and carefully closed the cabinet door.

 

“So, what is it hyung?” not minding the question of the latter.

 

YG gives out a sigh, questioning himself if the boy really needs some mental treatment. He just let it slide as to proceed with his real intention to come in his place.

 

“Have you already started writing your songs for your solo album?” he seriously asked.

 

“I already have something in mind… but there is really something missing.., but definitely I’ll finish it before the deadline...” he honestly and strongly said.

 

Understanding the boy’s dilemma, he suggested for him to cooperate with TEDDY and KUSH in order to help him with the music arrangement. Then he decided to leave him there and when JIYONG was about to close the door, YG stop the door from closing and literally poof his head from the small door opening… JIYONG jumped off from his place shocked and scared… he really thought it was a bloody head from some horror movie…

 

“Are you trying to scare the hell out of me?” JIYONG said with his eyes widely opened as if he wanted to jump off the window just to get out of his dorm.

 

YG stopping himself from laughing said…

 

“I forgot to tell you that we need you and the rest of BIGBANG to the training hall tomorrow, we got another set of trainees… if you remember I told you that I have decided to introduce another group like yours, but this time, all girls and they must be much fiercer than your goofy-group-of-idiot-boys…” YG let out a heartily laugh and continued…

 

 “And please, KWON JIYONG!!! Stop collecting bottles of soy sauce every effing moment that you have!!! You are turning me crazy!!!” then he himself closed the door adding 1 point in his imaginary scoreboard that G DRAGON must take SERIOUS MENTAL ATTENTION that makes him laugh silently while scratching his head.

 

After YG left, JIYONG was still frozen in his spot and breathing heavily from the horror brought to him by YG, but was taken back to his senses when he heard the closing of his door. Then he snapped out and checked his soy sauce bottle collection and grin crazily with satisfaction on his heart as he dreamily remembered random-important-past-events of his life…

____________________

FLASHBACK….

He was inside the YG training room with YB, SEUNGRI, TOP and DAESUNG when their trainer arrives with a petite girl on her back. The girl was wearing a pink top and white baggy pants… she has a very fair complexion, proportion body, shining black hair and wears a melt-all-the-staring-boys smile of hers…

 

“Definitely a 16 year old girl with just another pretty face” he whispers

 

But dropped his jaw from shocked when he sees all his 4 members were wearing a she-must-be-my-girlfriend look on their faces and as he turned around all the boys from the training room was wearing the same look and he was definitely amazed when he sees all the girls i-want-to-be-her face looks.. He was about to scream when he hears SEUNGRI…

 

SEUNGRI      “I’ll give her all my money starting today” with a convinced strong look

 

YB        “I’ll teach her all my dance moves and build muscles for her her” with his all-sweet- smile look

 

DAESUNG           “did the heavens just drop an angel” with an amused look

 

TOP          “I’ll hire gangsters to kidnap her and place her on my room today” with a determined face

 

“STOP IT YOU IDIOT BOYS!!!!” JIYONG screamed from the top of his lungs then he felt a big stone-like hit his head and he fells face down… He was about to grow mad in order to kill the culprit of the microphone being thrown on his head but immediately calm himself when he learned that it was their trainer, instead he just clench his fist and silently sit back.

 

“What was that KWON JIYONG? Can’t you show some respect to your new co-trainee?” their trainer asked leaving him with a blushing face, then the trainer pushed the girl in front of her to introduce herself.

 

JIYONG was about to laugh hard when he observed that the girl was seriously shaking from nervousness but was taken aback when he sees that the girl smiles sweetly in front of them…

 

“GAWD… she’s a witch to captivate all men…” he thought but takes back his words when he realized that the girl was too cute for a witch.

 

The girl bowed down to them…

 

“Annyeong!!!! I’m SANDARA PARK”

 

“SAN-DA-RA park… a very interesting and weird name” he thought to himself

 

“YAH! You are the famous Korean celebrity from the Philippines! Am I right?” SEUNGRI suddenly burst from nowhere as if hitting the lotto jackpot.

 

The girl just nodded smiling…

 

“Please take care of me DONGSAENGS!!!” DARA cutely said then bowed again...

 

“YAH! Are you kidding us? Why do you call us like that? You are just 16 years old and I’m already 17 years old… so you must call me oppa or sunbaenim !!!“ JIYONG shouted that makes their trainer laugh out loud from her spot…

 

The girl reddened from his sudden outburst…

 

“I’m sorry… sunbaenim must be ok… but oppa is quite not appropriate… I’m 21 years old now…”

 

Now it’s Jiyong’s turn to blush…

 

That’s how they met…

 

DARA, Him and YB becomes close but DARA is sometimes awkward with them… He can feel that wall that DARA set up between her and the other boys, though He knows the fact that he and YB was more close to her to break that gap.

 

He eventually develops a feeling of longing for her everyday… He was about to close that gap when he excitedly dragged her with him at the rooftop…

 

“DARA… I wanted to tell you something though I’m not yet sure about…” he started when he was got cut off by her.

 

“JIYONG… I need something to tell you first…I’m coming back to the Philippines tomorrow…“ The girl said…

 

JIYONG felt frozen as well as shaken from all the sad emotions he has felt that time. It’s as if the world stop spinning that very moment that he cannot grasp what DARA had said before him. He felt that his body was failing him but then he decided to stand firm, not wanting to let the girl in front of her show his weakness. He clung hard to the small red box from his pocket.

 

“NO!!!! Stay with me… DARA please” – that’s what he wanted to say but was taken aback when he saw  the sad eyes of the girl in front of him…Then he mustered all his strength and said…

 

“If that’s what you want then I’ll just wish you luck” he forced a smile

 

“Thanks… then what do you want to tell me earlier?” she’s turn to ask

 

“Oh that… I’m not sure…” he needs to lie…

 

“I mean… not yet sure but maybe within this year … YB and I will have our big career break” he said.

 

“That’s good then…Good luck to you both” she happily said.

 

JIYONG cannot control his feelings so he grabbed her frail body and hugged her tight. He could feel her shocked and he felt her body shaking as if she feared her…but He can’t let go of her… Not now… just for the meantime… Then he whispers…

 

“Please don’t forget me… I’ll wait for you” he said and wiped the tears forming from the corner of his eyes…

 

And so she left…

 

Though they still communicate with each other through phone or their cyber world account… They always say their endearments to each other (well if it might be considered as endearment) he calls her soy sauce while DARA called him crab paste… what weird codes…

 

Their communication got lesser every day… until the lesser gone to nothing… It almost got him crazy when he thinks she got involved with other guys though He knows that they did not step up from friendship to different level of intimacy… though in his case… He doesn’t even know…

 

He spent the days still longing for her… He focused it with his hard work and training days before he and YB officially introduced as BIGBANG together with TOP, SEUNGRI and DAESUNG.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

_______________

 

Then he smiled as he close the cabinet door. He jumps to his chair and continues to write his songs for his solo album and he titled his album “THREE LETTERED NAME (My Baby Girl)”…

 

 

 

 

END OF CHAPTER ONE