Chapter 7

A good heart

The awaited moment has arrived. Everyone was sitting quietly at their respective seats as the show was about to start. After a three-day show, today would be the highlight of the fashion week. It’s a not-to-be-missed and only invited guests, celebrities, press, and columnists from renowned magazines were present.  Kwon Ji Yong was seated at the front row. Being the representative of YG publishing house and former international managing director of the biggest money making magazines and newspapers distributor in Asian region, he was present at the event on behalf of his company.

 

 

 

He was wearing a set of sleek stylish Armani grey suit and slacks, which accentuates his tall slender figure, a pair of sunglasses, to add more style a white cap worn backwards. Guests who didn’t know him would easily mistake him for an artist or model from Asia. He was sitting with a bored expression, mainly because he wasn’t interested in the fashion show but was looking forward to the after party where the guests and designers would mingle around. Here is where business talk is done. He was eager to meet the representatives from a publishing house in Europe to secure a closer connection and hopefully an opportunity for a joint venture with them for this new magazine concept he has in mind.

 

 

 

Seated in the front row is also the Editor in Chief of VOGUE UK, the famous Anna Wintour. Kwon Ji Yong knew her personally as they met several times at numerous events and gatherings before. She nodded at him and he slightly bowed at her direction.

 

 

 

Dara was seated at the second row opposite of Kwon Ji Yong. Just like previous shows, she would be busy jotting down as many details as possible. For the highlight today she didn’t want to miss anything. She was too occupied jotting down notes to even take a glimpse on the guests present. Though being there for three days, she still doesn’t recognize the designers and people in industry, Apart from their names and faces, she has totally no idea about them. She scanned through the names of the designers for tonight and memorized their sequences.

 

 

 

The lights were dimmed and the music started to play. Models started walking on the runway confidently one by one, all eyes on them and the clothes they were modelling. Although Dara clearly mentioned to herself she’s not into this stuff, but she can’t stop being amazed at the show. She’s still a lady and saying that she has zero interest in fashion would be a lie. The way they catwalk on the runway and how the they posed for the camera, with strong facial expressions and most of all walking in those weird looking heels, that a normal person would even find difficult to stand on.

 

 

 

She looked at each model in amazement, not realizing a pair of eyes opposite of her was looking at her intently, noticing the smile, her excitement, how she shrugged when an eccentric design is modeled, how she looked away due to embarrassment when a see through piece on a male model was shown. It’s common trend nowadays but Dara was just not used to seeing them. Kwon Ji Yong smirked, finally he has something to kill his boredom throughout the show. His sunglasses hid his stares perfectly so no one notices his piercing glare towards a beautiful girl opposite of him.

 

 

 

As the show was coming to the end, Kwon Ji Yong now focused on the people that he wanted to meet. He would grab the chance to talk business with them before the party would get wilder into the night. He doesn’t want to deal with them later as they would be partying and drinking more. The show finished as all designers went onstage and waved to the guests. The crowd dispersed into the large room backstage and Ji Yong immediately went to talk with Mr. Sinclair and Mr. Craig. They finally exchanged name cards and shook hands. Ji Yong was glad they agreed to discuss further and were looking forward to his idea. The music was getting louder signaling the party will be getting crazier. He excused himself and left the party after having his job done.

 

 

 

Dara was at the other end of the room observing other guests. She would see beautiful models along with famous superstars partying. She gulped down her glass of champagne and left the party too. Previously she was with the representatives of some other fashion magazines in Korea, whom she befriended during her stay. They were having fun partying so Dara wouldn't want to spoil their fun. She also excused herself since she needs to pack for her flight back next day.

 

 

 

Since it’s her last night in Paris, she decided to head to the Eiffel Tower. She hoped that the weather tonight would be better because previous nights were rainy so the tower could not be seen clearly. As she heads out of the building, she smiled. Tonight the waether was just perfect, the skies were clear and without realizing it she was already sitting on the grass gazing at the monument towering in front of her. The tower looked beyond amazing at this hour as 10 minutes display of blinking white light on the tower was on. She was lucky enough to be there on time. She took out her phone to snap some pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_lyG91sefs

 

 

At the sidewalk, Ji Yong was settled on the bench, that has a perfect full view of the park and the tower. He’s been here for a month but never gets bored at the sight of this Eiffel tower. He stayed seated on the bench longer. Tonight will be his last night in Paris, after a long break travelling all over Europe. He had decided to end it in Paris. 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

“Miss could you take a picture of us?” A couple approached Dara while she was scanning the pictures on her phone.

 

“Sure” she got the camera and took few shots of them. She let them check the results and they were satisfied with it. They praised her because the picture came out perfectly, and from the angle seemed like it was taken professionally by a photographer.

 

Indeed the time watching Kang Seung Yoon the head of Photography team came in handy. He taught her the basics but being a quick learner herself, she managed to take wonderful pictures too.

 

Dara was glad they liked it and offered to take few more, and the couple gladly agreed. She told them ways to pose and was having fun with the cute couple.

 

They were laughing and jumping as Dara tried to capture jumping shots of them.

 

 

 

Ji Yong was annoyed at the couple who was jumping like crazy in front of him. He clicked his tongue, and glared at them. He was pissed whenever tourists like them acting in that manner. He then caught a glimpse of the one taking the picture. As she turned around, he saw her face and recognized she was somehow familiar, but couldn’t pinpoint where he saw her before. He glanced at her again and suddenly his phone rang.

 

 

 

“Hello, what time is it now why are you still not asleep?”

 

“Same old, boring”

 

“Yes, I had their contacts”

 

“Nah, it was just part of the job”

 

“Tomorrow noon."

 

"Will you be at the airport?”

 

“Fine I’ll meet you at home”

 

“See you then. Wait, anything you need from Paris? I guess I could do some last minute shopping tomorrow”

 

“What? Serious?”

 

“Yah, you must be kidding”

 

“I’ll see about that. But I won’t guarantee you”

 

"No problem”

 

“See you at home”

 

“Thanks. Bye”

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

“Thank you miss. You are really amazing” As the guy looked at the pictures she took.

 

“It’s nothing. I understand we wont be seeing this everyday, might as well make the most out of it.”

 

“True. Miss do you want me to take your photo too?” The woman offered.

 

“Sure, why not,” she handed her her phone and posed for the camera.

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

Ji Yong hung up and turned towards the tower. He remembered now where he’d seen her. He scanned through the people trying to catch glimpse of her, but she was nowhere to be found.

 

Dara after waving the couple goodbye, bent to take her poncho, it’s getting late and little chilly.

 

Dara put on her dark red poncho and the hoodie too. She hugged herself and pick up her bag, walking back to the hotel, passing by the frantic Ji Yong who was straining his neck searching everywhere for a girl in white dress. 

 

 

 

 

Next chap:

 

 

... Dara sighed as she looked at him. His girlfriend sure is damn lucky...

 

 

... She looked at his disappearing back view, hoping to never see him again. EVER

 

 

 

 

 

hope you guys are not bored with the story yet.. :)

Next chap will be their meeting, finally..

Keep subscribing, comment and support this story.

Lots of Love <3 -Greentee