Chapter 11

A good heart

“Welcome back!“ Bom greeted Dara when she entered the house while panting heavily.

 

 

 

“Had a nice trip?” Dara nodded. She was still trying to catch her breath after bringing her suitcase up the stairs to the fifth floor.

 

 

 

“Tell me about it” Bom said to her excitedly.

 

 

 

“Phew, I’m so exhausted Bommie. Why’s the elevator not working? I had to carry this all the way up” she said while massaging her shoulder.

 

 

 

“You should’ve call for my help” Bom helped to bring her suitcase towards the bedroom.

 

 

 

“I didn’t know you’re home.”

 

 

 

“I had an off day today and Omma’s coming”

 

 

 

“Really? That's great. I missed her. Where are we bringing her for dinner?” Dara’s in a joyful mood knowing Mrs. Park who is like a mother to her will be coming.

 

 

 

“How about some barbeque chicken?”

 

 

 

“Sure!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara. eat up, you’re so skinny” Mrs Park shoved more food onto her plate

 

 

 

“Thanks Omma”

 

 

 

“What about me?” Bommie faked a jealous face.

 

 

 

“Yah, you should eat more of these instead,” as she placed some vegetables onto her bowl.

 

 

 

Dara chuckled and offered Bom the remaining chicken.

 

 

 

“How was your trip?” Mrs Park asked Dara.

 

 

 

“It was amazing Omma, I hope we can go there someday. Eiffel tower is really pretty at night.” Dara reached out her phone and showed Mrs. Park the pictures she took.

 

 

 

“Wow, It’s really beautiful. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. You’ve been working so hard and hardly get any break. Unlike Bommie who would be travelling here and there.”

 

 

 

“It was Bommies idea to let me go there in the first place”

 

 

 

“She deserves it Omma” Bom said. She ate the last piece of chicken and Mrs. Park just shook her head at her daughter's appetite.

 

 

 

“So you met anyone there?” Bom winked at Dara.

 

 

 

“Yes I made friends with writers from Fashion Forward, Elle..”

 

 

 

“Dara, you met ANYONE there?” Bom repeated with a different tone this time.

 

 

 

“No, not really,” she cringed at the thought of the stranger in the airplane and the embarrassing memories. Her face suddenly reddened.

 

 

 

“Omo, you’re blushing. Come on, spill”

 

 

 

“Nothing Bommie. Really”

 

 

 

“Dara..”

 

 

 

“Well, actually there is this one guy..” She hesitated on telling. “Ahh, really it's nothing..”

 

 

 

“Come on tell us, you’re killing me with all this suspense” Bom moved closer to her and looked at her with a wide grin.

 

 

 

“Hmm, I was seated with this handsome young guy on the flight back. I thought at first he was the rich-cocky-spoilt type. Surprisingly we had good time talking throughout the flight.”

 

 

 

“Wow, so who is he? When can we meet him?” Mrs. Park said excitedly, as she was happy Dara finally showed interest in guys.

 

 

 

“Erm, I don’t think it will happen,” well Dara clearly didn't tell them about the 'incident'. She was too embarrassed and trying to erase those memories.

 

 

 

“Why?” Bom wondered.

 

 

 

Dara then finally remembered.

 

 

 

“Because, I don’t even know his name”

 

 

 

‘And he doesn’t know mine’ she was relieved at this thought and smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

“A package for Miss CL, sign here please”

 

 

 

CL excitedly opens the beautifully wrapped box. It’s common for her to receive gifts from her admirers. Her facial expression changed once she looked at the content of the box.

 

 

 

“Who was this from?” She asked her manager.

 

 

 

Jjangmae peeked at the box, wondering at the sudden change in her expression.

 

 

 

He took out the ‘thing’ from the box, and a small card fell.

 

 

 

CL quickly picked it up from the floor and smiled at the name as she remembered the person.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello, CL here”

 

 

 

“Uhmm, hi. I assume you received my gift”

 

 

 

“Yes. It came just now.”

 

 

 

“How do you like it?”

 

 

 

“I would like to thank you personally.”

 

 

 

 “You don’t have to, But I really would like to meet you”

 

 

 

“So you’re free tonight?”

 

 

 

“I can cancel my appointments”

 

 

 

“Same place at 8?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CL entered the restaurant alone without her manager. She told him she would call him if she needed a lift back.

 

 

 

A guy seated at a secluded corner waved to her. CL walked towards him. He pulled out the chair for her in a gentleman manner.

 

 

 

“Thank you Seung Ri” CL thanked him and adjusted her seat.

 

 

 

“You’re welcome. Thank you for coming”

 

 

 

“I was the one calling you first remember”

 

 

 

“Ah yes,” he shyly said.

 

 

 

“Thanks for the gift” she said. “But I can’t accept this.” She placed the box in front of him.

 

 

 

“Why? I though you wanted them. I remembered clearly you mentioned about it twice. On your birthday and in your interview”

 

 

 

She was surprised he even remembered the smallest detail. Indeed at her party a month ago she blurted it out and it never crossed her mind again. At first she thought he’s just like other guys who were just trying to woo her with expensive gifts. But sensing the sincerity of the guy in front of her, she was touched at what she heard.

 

 

 

CL looked at the beautiful gift again. How could she refuse this rare piece of white Birkin Bag.

 

 

 

“Not again. You didn’t receive my gift for your birthday last time since I had to throw the roses away. Now this.” He said disappointedly.

 

 

 

“You mean.. you’ll just throw this away?”

 

 

 

“What else should I do with this? I got them especially for you” He said.

 

 

 

“Yah Pabo, I don’t like it when people waste their money like this.”

 

 

 

“What did you call me?” Seungri looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

 

 

 

“Pa-Bo” she repeated. Clear enough for him to hear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahahahaa. You should’ve seen the look on your face” CL laughed and was clearly amused at Seungri’s face. Seungri was shocked  with her calling him stupid and had his fist clenched tightly. He was trying hard to suppress his emotions.

 

 

 

“No one ever called me that” He said. Well no girl he dated dared saying those to him. Being a big name in the fashion industry, he would be those girls’ one way ticket to fame, and the wrong move could be disastrous for them.

 

 

 

“Your behavior shows that exactly” CL replied, not even caring that she was actually hurting his feelings.

 

 

 

They continued bickering and CL clearly enjoyed making fun of him. Surprisingly Seungri was not able to retort. Normally he doesn’t even need to sweet talk or work his charm around girls as they would be the one trying to get his attention.

 

 

 

But CL was different. When he first saw her at a dinner event he instantly was attracted to her. There was something different about her compared to other clingy, flirty and snobby models who acted like $luts around rich men.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, can you get me another glass?”

 

 

 

“You had enough. I don’t want you to get drunk, not here in my father’s event. And you need to be sober for the pictures later”

 

 

 

“Fine I’ll get one myself.” The y model said while heading to the corner where the drinks were served. Feeling a bit drowsy, she knocked on a young waitress and the glass red wine spilled on the waitress's uniform, and s tiny drop unfortunately stained her dress.

 

 

 

“I.. I’m so sorry Ji Hye ssi” The waitress quickly picked up the tray and glasses. She bowed continuously at Ji Hye.

 

 

 

“Look at what you did. Don’t you know how much this costs?” She shouted at the terrified waitress. Apparently it was her boyfriend who bought the gown for her specially for the event tonight.

 

 

 

Seungri approached them.

 

 

 

The waitress who had her blouse drenched in red wine was lowering her head as Ji hye scolded her repeatedly.

 

 

 

“It’s OK, I’ll get you a new dress” Seungri said trying to calm her furious girlfriend.

 

 

 

“Look at what she did, she humiliated me” She pointed at the small stain on her dress, which actually would go unnotice unless it was pointed out.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry miss. Please don’t fire me sir. I need this job badly” The waitress now bowed to Seungri.

 

 

 

“Fire her Oppa, we don’t need this kind of clumsy waitress here.”

 

 

 

“Please sir, I beg you” the waitress was on the verge of crying.

 

 

 

“She said she’s sorry.” Suddenly someone interrupted them.

 

 

 

"No one would notice that so just calm down" The person continued while pointing at the stain.

 

 

 

“I clearly saw you’re the one who was walking like a drunkard and bumped into her. And now you’re putting the blame on this innocent person. You should be ashamed of yourself” CL was comforting the waitress as she faced the furious lady and Seungri beside her.

 

 

 

"If you don't want your sponsor to  know about this then I would suggest you stop making a scene here" 

 

 

 

Ji Hye was embarrassed as more people were looking them. She needs to keep her reputation and no one should know that she’s drunk. Not when the press was there. Moreover, she doesn't want to lose the chance in this largest publicity event for her to gain more sponsors for her career.

 

 

 

“Come on, let’s go” CL said while guiding the waitress away.

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing there? Your Omma knew about this?” CL questioned the girl.

 

 

 

“Please don’t tell her unnie. I’m doing this as a part time job because I didn’t want to burden her.”

 

 

 

“Why do you need to do this? You’re supposed to be studying now” CL scolded her.

 

 

 

“Omma’s sick and sometimes she's not able to work for days. Money is tight and I wanted to help out a bit.” She finally admitted.

 

 

 

“What? Imo’s sick?” CL was surprised. She didn’t know the ahjumma who worked as a tailor near the orphanage was sick.

 

 

 

Back then she would secretly sneak out to spend time with her. The kind ahjumma would show her beautiful designs from magazines and starting that moment CL was inspired to make beautiful dresses for her Barbie dolls. She didn’t know how to repay the ahjumma’s kindness, so CL would sometimes offer to take care of her baby daughter when ahjumma was busy working.

 

 

 

“You should’ve told me Yumi” CL took out her purse and handed her a large amount of money.

 

 

 

“Unnie, I can’t. Omma always taught me to work hard to earn for a living”

 

 

 

“Please accept this. This is the least I could do to repay Imo’s kindness. Apart from Mrs. Park', your Omma is the closest person to me”

 

 

 

“Yes, she treated unnie just like her own daughter”

 

 

 

“I’ll visit her once I have my break. And for you young lady, I hope you stay in school for now.” CL warned her.

 

 

 

“Thanks Unnie. Sorry for the trouble I caused.”

 

 

“You don’t need to be. Promise that you would study hard and make your Omma proud” CL smiled and hugged her. She even got her dress stained from hugging Yumi but she didn't care. She was glad she was there in time before something worse happen to this young girl.

 

 

 

“Yes. I will. Please don’t tell her about tonight unnie. I don’t want her to worry.”

 

 

 

“Arraso, I promise if you would let me help you and Imo” CL said as she gently convince Yumi to accept the money.

 

 

 

Yumi was lost for words at her kindness. She didn’t expect it to be like this. She was scared at first telling CL about their situation, fearing that people would find out about CL- the rising supermodel having them as her ‘family’. However she was grateful that her unnie didn’t hesitate to help.

 

 

 

Seungri was behind them and he heard everything. He was about to check on the waitress when Ji Hye admit that it was her fault earlier.

 

 

 

“Let’s go Yumi. I always hated this kind of place. They organize so-called charity events but behind those are just bunch of spoilt arrogant ungrateful jerks, facading behind beautiful, expensive clothes but deep inside their heart it’s all rotten”

 

 

 

Seungri was hurt listening to those words. However it's the truth he refused to admit.

 

 

 

 

 

Hello dear readers..

 

Thank you for your comments and subscriptions.. :'')

Double update today as I was busy last weekend. 

 

Next chapter will be Dara and Jiyong's surprise meeting. Finally.

What will happen??? I'm excited too :-) hihihi

Stay tuned.

 

Lots of love <3 Greentee