Chapter 18

A good heart

 

 

 

*Riiinnnnggggggg rinngg rinngg..

 

 

„Hello?“

 

„Morning sleepy head,“ the other person said in a cheerful tone.

 

„What time is it?“ she glanced at her phone. 6:03 a.m.

 

“Why are you calling me this early, Chaerin?” Dara asked her with eyes half open. It was Saturday and she wanted to get more sleep.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t notice today’s Saturday. I just arrived from Bangkok half an hour ago. And since Jjangmae allowed me to have 2 days break, I’m planning spend some time with you girls tonight.”

 

“Sure thing Chaerin, I’ll tell Bommie once she wakes up,” Dara said half yawning.

 

“She’s really a heavy sleeper. I tried to call her few times already before calling you. I’m glad someone finally picks up my call,” CL complained to Dara.

 

“See you later then,” Dara ended their conversation. She wanted to chat more but she was still sleepy.

 

“De, I’m heading to bed now too,” CL said as she just collapsed onto her soft bed, finally able to get her much needed beauty sleep.

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

*Riiinnnnggggggg rinngg rinngg..

 

 

 

“Taeyang Hyuuuungg,” Seungri’s loud voice was ear-deafening and the poor guy had to pull the phone away from his ears.

 

“Aish what do you want calling me at this hour?” Clearly he was annoyed by the phone call early in the morning.

 

“Nothing,” Seungri chuckled at his hyung’s response. He actually enjoyed making fun of him, knowing Taeyang could be too serious at times.

 

“Yah, you just woke me up for no reason? Aishh, I’m hanging up,” he said.

 

“Waaaiitt, don’t hang up yet. Actually I would like you to meet someone,” Seungri said to him.

 

“Yah Seungri, if it’s one of your female model friends again then I’m not interested. I’ve told you many times already,” he replied while rolling his eyes.

 

“No, no, don’t worry hyung. It’s not,” Seungri remembered the time he introduced one of the y model to him at a club few months back, it didn’t turn out pretty. The girl threw herself at Taeyang which made him more disgusted at her. She had no control over herself and was heavily drunk so he had to go through the trouble renting her a hotel room because he didn’t know anywhere else to send her. To make things worse, she puked on his shirt so when he went back to his house, with strong smell of alcohol and horrible stench from the vomit, his family and grandparents who just came saw him in that state were dumbfounded. His grandmother fainted and everyone was really mad at him for giving a bad impression.

 

“It’s just someone who’s equally eager to meet you,” Seungri continued.

 

“Cut the crap, who is it?” Taeyang replied impatiently.

 

“Aishh hyung just be there ok, I’m sure you won’t regret,” Seungri said with a wide grin, as if setting him up on a blind date.

 

“It won’t happen like last time, I promise,” he assured Taeyang again.

 

“I don’t know what’s up with me. It seems that I couldn’t say no to you,” he reluctantly agreed.

 

“Yess!! See you tonight hyung at Twosome Bar, urm at 11?”

 

“Oh emmm geeee, I can’t waittt,” he said in a high-pitched voice like a teenage girl who’s excited to meet her boyfriend.

 

*LOL, imagine him really doing this* rofl

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

9p.m.

[Twosome restaurant]

 

 

Three beautiful girls were having dinner in a secluded corner of the VIP area. They talked and laughed like there’s no tomorrow. It’s very rare to have all three of them together, due to their busy schedules.

 

They really missed each other and having all three of them together like this reminds them of the time they grew up together back at the orphanage.

 

Bom complained how she’s seeing her boyfriend less and less nowadays since he’s always out of the country.

 

Dara told the story of her trip to Paris.

 

CL told them how her interview with VOGUE gained her more popularity and more offers were pouring in.

 

 

“Dara, Bommie, here’s a gift for both of you,” CL pulled out two orange paper bags beneath the table.

 

Dara and Bom knew what those could probably be, they both declined the gifts.

 

“Chaerin, you shouldn’t have..” Bom said.

 

“Chaerin ah, these are really expensive gifts..” Dara added.

 

“Aigooo, please you both, stop being like this will you. Since I was young you both really took good care of me, though we are the same age, I actually felt like having two older sisters. Thank you both of you for helping me out back then, when clearly Appa and Omma didn’t have a single idea.”

 

CL was thankful that both her sisters supported her dream of becoming a model. They even took up part time job to help her pay for modeling classes, which were quite expensive during that time. Though in college, Dara would work for a newspaper publisher at night arranging the papers and packing them for the next day delivery. Therefore she knew how those people work until late hours to get the papers ready in time. Meanwhile Bom took up job as a typist at the same company. It was less physically demanding than Dara’s job but they both receive the same pay. On weekends Dara and CL would be on the streets working as promoter handing out flyers to passersby.

 

“Without you both I couldn’t possibly make through modeling school and get to where I am today,” CL owed it to both her sisters.

 

“It’s really little compared to what you both did for me. Please accept these will you?” CL said to both of them almost teary eyed. She really wanted to repay them since she’s well-off now with her 5-figure salary each month.

 

Bom just smiled while Dara still hesitated. Back then they would joke to CL that she can repay them once she’s a successful model but they didn’t expect her to really do it.

 

Dara opened the boy carefully and was surprised seeing the exact thing she was looking for.

 

Bom also pulled out her gift from the wrapper and gasped at the beauty of it.

 

CL just smiled at both of their reaction, she knew both of them would like it. Before they could say something, she quickly snapped a candid picture of the two girls.

 

“Your faces were EPIC. Seeee,” she showed them the picture she took with her phone.

 

“I just discovered I have a talent in catching other people’s epic moment,” she said proudly. She also had a picture of Seungri with his shocked face captured.

 

“You liked it?” she stood up closing her face to Bom who seemed like she’s not even blinking.

 

“Ommooooo, this is so beautifullllll Chaerin yahh,” Bom squealed with the gift in her arms and hugged CL tightly.

 

“Calm down, you’ll scare the other customers Bommie yah,” CL smiled and slightly embarrassed by Bom’s loud voice in the rather quiet place.

 

“Dara, why are you crying?” CL saw her wiping her tears.

 

“You hated it?” she wondered.

 

“Aigoo no nooo, I loved it Chaerin. Just that I’m so happy seeing you living your dreams. You’re doing so well now and I’m so proud of you,” CL was moved by her words. If there’s one person she could really be thankful to, it will be Dara. Since young Dara’s really the person who supported her dreams and helped her finding the right place to go. At the beginning of her career, she admitted it wasn’t smooth because she was new and didn’t know anyone in the business so getting a job offer was difficult. However Dara was always there to encourage her and her career as a model sky-rocketed when she won Korea’s Next Top Model last year.

 

“Thank you Chaerin,” both of them said to her.

 

“I’m glad you love it,” she said and the three gave a group hug.

 

“OK, so all three of us have the same look now,” she held her red Birkin bag and placed them side by side with Dara’s one in white and Bom’s in purple.

 

The three of them chuckled but couldn’t believe they actually own such an expensive item. Not that Dara and Bom couldn’t afford one, but they just refuse to spend 3 months of their salary merely on a handbag.

 

“How about we head to the bar upstairs?” CL suggested one they’re finished with deserts. It’s almost 11 at night and she still wants to have fun with her sisters before leaving tomorrow to visit her Omma and Imo at the orphanage.

 

Bom and Dara didn’t want to leave yet because they don’t get the chance to see CL often so they agreed.

 

From the second floor of where the restaurant they were dining at, the girls were making their way to the stairs while 3 other guys were walking up heading to the bar on the highest floor of the building.

 

 

*Imagine three guys and three girls bumping into each other, then pointing their fingers at one another*

 

 

Dara: Taeyang?

Bom: Mr. Kwon?

CL: Seungri?

Seungri: Chaerin?

Taeyang: Dara?

Jiyong: Bom-ssi?

 

All of them said in one accord, “What are you doing here????”

 

Then eyeing one another confusedly, they chorused, “You know each other?”

 

 

 

Dear readers,

Thank you so much for the warm comments below. :)

I actually didn’t intend for this story to be this long. From the original draft I made, up to this point it’s just about 1/3 or probably ¼ of the story. I hope you guys are not disappointed of how slow the story is progressing.

About the characters, I’m sure you all get to see Daras’ kindness and heartwarming deeds. I love such characters in books or dramas rather than a heroine who was portrayed as foolish, clumsy, rude etc.  It’s just my personal preference and most of all because I <3 Dara I can’t imagine her beautiful face matching those kind of behaviors.

 

Buttttt, hehehe

I have 2 more stories apart from ‘A good heart’  and the heroine, Dara again *yippieee* won’t be miss goody good girl. :)

I hope I get to share it with you soon…

Lots of love, <3 Greentee