Chapter 2

A good heart
"Good job Dara, I knew I could count on you” Gummy said to Dara after putting down her reading glasses and the new proposal from Dara.
 
“Thank You Unnie” Dara gave a sigh of relief. After talking with Minzy a while ago on what to write for her column, Minzy suggested a quiz to test what kind of love language do you have. *Based on '5 Love Languages' by Gary Chapman
 
“I’m sure now you have better understanding of what the readers of VOGUE want” Gummy stressed it out this time in a serious tone.
 
“Yes Unnie, I talked to Minzy the junior writer and she suggested this, so I would give it a try. I believe women nowadays are mature enough to decide on what’s good and what’s not, but sometimes when it comes to this stuff, they may be clueless which is why this quiz would help them to understand themselves and their partner better” Dara explained to Gummy.
 
“See Dara, I told you to talk to more people and open up to new ideas, on stuff like this that women are curious about.” Gummy smiled to her. And Dara was shocked at Gummy's reaction since Gummy has always been harsh towards her.
 
“Actually when I hired you, I saw your great potential to take over my place in few years if you are willing to work hard. I always admire your writings and insights whenever you write. But to be honest, I actually believe that you don’t really want to be with VOGUE. A brilliant writer like you should be with TIMES or PEOPLE. I hope someday you are able to reach your dreams Dara”
 
“That's why I chose Bom to be the editor instead of you since she has more passion for VOGUE than you.”
 
Tears were swelling up Dara's eyes as she heard those sincere words from Gummy. She wasn’t the iron lady Dara thought. And hearing those words were enough for her to be energized again after few sleepless nights finishing the previous rejected proposals.
 
“I’ll work harder unnie. And thanks for the encouraging words. I’ll promise I won’t let you down.”
 
“I know you wont. And please keep this between us. I don’t want some office gossips spreading”
 
“I’ll keep that in mind.” Dara bowed and left the room.
 
 
 
====================================================================================================================
 
 
"Hey Bommie wanna grab some lunch?" Dara called from Bom's office door.
 
"I still have tons of  editing to do, so just go without me" Bom said as she typed furiously on her keyboard.
 
"OK fine, Minggki and I are buying at the restaurant at the end of the street, anything you'd like to have? We can have lunch here instead."
 
"Mmm, I'd like some Jajjangmyun then, and two corn buns, and dont forget my corn milk jelly!!" Bom said excitedly.
 
"Wow you sure have a big appetite when you're stressed." Dara said
 
"That how she eats nowadays unnie, don't be shocked" Minzy said from behind.
 
"Yah Mingkki!!" Bom shouted while Dara and Minzy dashed ot of her room. Laughing all the way until they reach the elevator.
 
 
====================================================================================================================
 
 
"Try some of this jelly Dara, they are the best!" Bom said as she passed the corn jelly to Dara.
 
"Wow this is the first time Bommie the great corn lover is offering to share with me" Dara jokes as she takes a spoonful.
 
"What do you mean the first time? I always share with you" Bom now finishes the remaining jelly.
 
"None for me? Hmmpf" Minzy said eyeing the now empty glass.
 
"Well your love for corn is undeniable and you never share them with others. I remember once Chaerin ate you leftover corn, you got really mad at her." Dara said and hands Minzy some of her mango jelly instead.
 
"Ohh Dara, we were 7 what do you expect" Bom shook her head remembering that incident. Chaerin apologized but Bom didn't forgive her for 1 week. Dara had to comfort Chaerin since she cried for the whole week.
 
"I cant believe you still remember those silly fights" Bom said. Minzy now stands up to clean their takeaway pakages.
 
"Of course I do, they were some of the good memories we had. Ahh.. good ol' times" Dara leans on the chair while closing her eyes.
 
"Hey don't fall asleep here. You know sleeping after meals is not good." Bom tries to shake Dara.
 
"We'll be going now, see you at home Bommie" Dara waves at Bom before closing the door behind her.