Chapter 13

A good heart

„Ottoke“

 

„Think Dara.. Think“

 

„Run away?‚Not a good idea, can’t run in these heels’

 

‘Resign? No way, I’ll be jobless I can’t risk my dream’

 

‘Tie him up and threaten him? Not happening. He’s my boss. I’ll lose my job’

 

‘Bribe him? Omo, He’s freakin rich, he won’t settle with some small amount’

 

‘Knock on his head real hard and hope he lost his memory? Aigoo I could end up in jail’

 

‘ottoke.. ottoke I’m doomed’

 

 

 

Dara was freaking out in the ladies washroom. She’s thinking of the best way to get out of the sticky situation.

 

 

How did he end up here?

 

When he’s someone from the YG headquarters how come she never seen or heard of him before?

 

If so why was he transferred here?

 

And what does the CEO has to do with this?

 

 

 

Knock knock..

 

 

“Unnie you alright?” Minzy asked her. “I was looking for you all over the place. Omo you’re so pale, did you skip breakfast again?”

 

She just looked at Minzy with a confused look. She wanted to let out her frustration but she’s not supposed to know. It’s her deepest darkest secret-which unfortunately been revealed to a stranger. And to make things worse, that the stranger is now her boss. Way to go Dara.

 

“Unnie I still have a cupcake left, you can have it” Minzy offered. She thought Dara might pass out from hunger.

 

“Ah, sorry unnie, I forgot. Earlier Mr. Kwon asked for the last piece” Minzy suddenly remembered.

 

“He what???”

 

“He asked me for the last piece of cupcake lying in my box when I told him I actually made the exact amount for everyone in the office. And you know what’s funnier? That’s the only thing we heard from him, he was cold to everyone during introduction”

 

Unknowingly, Dara dashed out of the washroom.

 

“Unniiieeee, I can make you more, no need to go after that last piece” Minzy said while chasing after Dara.

 

 

‘This is insane. He must’ve remembered’

 

‘Aishhh, that Pabo boss’

 

 

 

Dara barged into Mr. Jang’s office where Jiyong and Mr. Jang were in the middle of a conversation.

 

“Is there an emergency Dara-ssi?” Both men in the room were surprised at the sight of the petite lady who came in running.

 

“Urm..” she tried to think of a good excuse. Jiyong looked at her amusingly, remembering this same girl who tried to avoid him at the airport.

 

“I.. I’m sorry” She bowed to the bosses.

 

“I… really need this.” She pointed towards the cupcake box on the table and snatched it.

 

“Unnie..” Minzy was also at the door catching her breath.

 

“I’m sorry but Minzy made them especially for me so I’m taking this back.” She quickly turned around and walked out of Mr. Jang’s office. Both men were too shocked to respond.

 

“Unnie what are you doing?” Minzy was equally shocked at what happened.

 

“You’re right Mingkki I skipped breakfast and was so hungry” She told her.

 

“I understand you’re hungry but why did you do that to the boss?”

 

“I guess I wasn’t thinking straight” she lied.

 

Dara took a big bite from the cupcake. With her puffed cheeks, she gave Minzy a thumbs up.

 

Minzy just smiled and was glad her unnie liked it.

 

 

 

 

==================================================================================================================

 

 

 

Dara busied herself with more works to get her mind off Jiyong. She declined Bom’s lunch invitation because she knew he will be there, together with Gummy and Mr. Jang. She had a party to organize so she excused herself to go with Minzy instead.

 

“Aigoo unnie slow down. You’ll choke on your food” Minzy said while offering her a cup of green tea.

 

“Thanks” She finished her drink in one go.

 

“What’s wrong unnie? You’re not yourself since this morning”

 

“I’m fine Mingkki, don’t worry about me. Ppali we need to go back to work now.” Dara signaled for the bill. She wanted to be back before Bom and the other does.

 

“Yes Unnie.” Minzy obliged. She quickly finished her food.

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

“Done” Mr. Jang packed the remaining stuff on his desk and dusted his palms.

 

“How long have you been working here Uncle Jang?” Jiyong just couldn’t believe how dusty the room was. He knew Mr. Jang as one of the longest serving employee at their company. He opened the window to let fresh air in, and then he sneezed because dust was flying everywhere.

 

“Bless you”

 

“Aishh, why don’t you ask one of those workers to do it for you?” Jiyong complained as the old man took his time placing the packed boxes in a corner.

 

“These are my prized possessions I don’t want anybody to handle them just as they want”

 

“How’s aunt Minah doing?” Jiyong said as he caught a glimpse of a small frame of Mr. Jang’s family picture in the last box.

 

“She was sick for a while and now she’s better” He explained as he held the picture of them.

 

“She’s the reason I decided to retire early Jiyong. Last month the doctor said she’s recovering and I should take better care of her.”

 

“I didn’t know aunt Minah was hospitalized. How bad was her illness?”

 

“It was not serious but I was really worried I might lose her. I prayed every night for her to get well and I’m so happy that she’s stronger now. Thanks God”

 

“I’m happy for you both.”

 

Jiyong knew Mr. Jang and his wife personally because they are close friends of his parents.

 

“Young man, what made you join VOGUE when you were doing well with your previous job? I was surprised when your Appa called and told me personally”

 

 “I just wanted to try something new after I came back” he said.

 

“Besides, Seungri is doing just fine handling my job with Appa coaching him”

 

“That young man? Cincaa?” Mr. Jang couldn’t believe the once playful and rebellious Seungri finally taking up responsibilities. Before this he knew very well he would be partying all day with his friends and had beautiful ladies surrounding him. Having a job was the last thing on his mind. Meanwhile the older brother was a total opposite as he would be spending his time in the office working nonstop.

 

“How about you Jiyong?” The old man now shifted the topic back to Jiyong. He was concerned about him after he came back.

 

“I’ve never been better.” He knew where the conversation was leading. His bright mood quickly changed. 

 

“That’s good to hear.” Mr. Jang was careful with his words. He felt apologetic towards the younger man.

 

“If not I won’t be back here. So don’t worry about me uncle Jang” Jiyong assured him.

 

“If you say so. Then I guess you’re coming to my farewell party this Friday?” Mr. Jang was hopeful that Jiyong will attend.

 

Jiyong was hesitating. He always hated such events or gatherings involving many people. He’s the quiet type who prefers spending time working on his own. Normally he would avoid such events unless it involves business where he had no choice but to attend.

 

“I hope you will be there. Everyone from this department will be there.” He wasn’t trying to force him, knowing how hard-headed Jiyong could be.

 

“Fine. I’m coming” He said after a while. He didn’t wan’t to disappoint Mr. Jang since it would be his last day working for them.

 

“Good, I’ll tell Dara ssi to count you in. She’s in charge of the party.”

 

Jiyong suddenly remembered the incident in the office earlier. Something came into his mind.

 

“I’ll do it myself uncle. Why don’t you call the driver to bring your stuff into the car instead?” He said to the old man.

 

“Good idea.” The old man reached his phone and made a call to his driver.

 

 

 

===================================================================================================================

 

 

6:45p.m

 

 

 

Dara was fixing her coat and quickly applied some lipstick. She took a final glance at her reflection on the glass window that doubles as a mirror.

 

She opened her door slightly and peeked at the room at the other end. It still had lights on.

 

‘He’s still here.’

 

 Dara slowly shut her door and locked them, careful not to make any sound that might attract unwanted attention. She was almost reaching the elevator when she heard someone walking.

 

‘Please no.. I don’t want to see him now. Not after what happened’ she prayed silently for the elevator door to close.

 

Just then, a hand reached out to stop it. He entered with a smirk on his face after seeing Dara’s astonished face.

 

“Hey” he said to break the awkward silence.

 

“Uhm, going home?”

 

‘No Mr. Kwon, I’m just here to ride the elevator and stare at the poster of VOGUE on the wall like it’s the most interesting thing in this world’

 

She nodded, still avoiding his gaze.

 

“So there’s a party going on this Friday I heard” Dara looked at him and when their eyes met, she quickly turns to the poster again.

 

“Even though I hate it, I’ll be there” He said.

 

“Okay” came her short reply to him.

 

He wanted the conversation to continue but the elevator stop when they reached the ground floor. Dara bowed to him and quickly headed to the exit. She turned to the security ahjussi and smiled to him as she bid him goodbye.

 

“Goodbye Dara-ssi. Get home safely”

 

“De. goodbye ahjussi”

 

Jiyong stop his tracks and looked at the ahjussi. Before he never even cared to take a glance at other employees, what more noticing someone like the security guard working at the company. He looked at him for a while, noticing the ahjussi was massaging his back.

 

“Oh Mr. Kwon. Going home? Goodbye” The ahjussi bowed to him. Jiyong just nodded and head out to the exit.

 

He saw from afar Dara entering a black car and a man was closing her door for her. Then the guy walked to the driver’s side and sped off.

 

 

 

 

 

‘That guy looks familiar’

 

‘Dara and him are together?’